VG vs PG - Throat Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping about 4 months now and have graduated to an Itazte MVP from fasttech. Want MAXIMUM hit and seem to get it with alot more VG than PG set at 4.5v to 5.0 v. Everyone says PG gives the bigger hit. I think VG is all around better. Also, don't care for the common fruity and deserty liquids but have mixing my own with clove, coffee, vanilla, coconut, caramel, and mint flavors in different combos. Some combos are really good (especially coconut and caramel together) Thinking about trying nutty and woody flavors. Anybody got suggestions?

Vappers

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
United States
A month in i finnaly found MY throat hit! Today infact.
Two peas in a pod - Two peas blend. < Name of the juice. 70pg/30vg mix.

I too am also like you, i believe i have a PG sensitivity and that it is more HARSH then Throat hitty... I was chasing the throat hit with 100% VG to never actually find a good one. Then i ran out of liquid and no one local sells any 100%VG and i tried these guys. BAM!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Throat hit depends on wattage (the hotter the vape, the more TH), nicotine content, amount of vapor and flavoring--cinnamon, peppermint, clove and other strong flavors increase the sensation in your throat) and perhaps PG, but I'm personally not convinced that PG makes a big difference. I have vaped pure PG and pure VG and they are not all that different, IMO, even though I agree that VG is much smoother than PG. I just can't tolerate 100% VG myself.

YMMV, of course.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Everyone has their preference and generalities are just that. I found high PG to harsh and quickly went to high VG instead. Find it gives a smoother more satisfying vape, for me. I mix my juice at 70%-80% VG.

Their are many factors to throat hit, form flavors, nic, to your build amount of air, position of the air and distance from the build, watts vaped at, ohms of the coil, wire used in the coil, how you vape..... heck, want big throat hit, just add some cinnamon red hots extract to the mix, talk about throat hit, more like a knock out punch. lmao.

The best thing to do, is find what works best for you. Fas as flavors go, I DIY juice, but did like the Virginia Fired Tobacco juice that MBV sold. I do a recipe I call Virginia Extreme Fired Tobacco, where I use some Cinnamon Red Hots for the Extreme part of the recipe. Vaped at 50 watts give a spectacular Extreme throat hit for sure.

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
I've only used a 50/50 mix so have no experience with the variance of throat hit with different levels of pg. I dropped from 18mg to 12mg nic and noticed a slight difference, but was okay with it. I agree with katya that the type of flavor can change the sensation of throat hit. I know I experience more throat hit with certain menthols and mints than with flavors like watermelon, kiwi and mango. I enjoy the other flavors, even though the throat hit is a bit less. If I really want the sensation of a throat hit, I go to my menthol blend. Rotating flavors allows me to enjoy the sensations and flavors of differing types. Just as I love pizza, I don't want to eat pizza for every meal. I really do enjoy the variety.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Granted, my e-juice quest has only begun but I'm looking forward to finding a TH blend that will literally knock me on my ... with each inhale. (A side effect from my 3 pack per day habit). I have better gear coming Monday so perhaps that will help.

Edit: So the word "a-r-s-e" is censored here but "..." isn't? LOL! This joint is a hoot. :)

Last edited:

jayyco

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
Tempe, AZ, USA
i prefer buying my juices from Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor, which allows you to choose between:
-PG 100%
-PG 80% VG 20%
-PG 65% VG 35%
-PG 50% VG 50%
-PG 20% VG 80%
-VG 70% Distilled H20 30%
-Max VG%
They even give you a free juice when your purchase is $15 or more, which is awesome! The PG is the flavor+the throat hit while VG is what produces the actual vapor, the higher the VG, the bigger the clouds. When having a higher VG there tends to be a lack of flavor, and Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor offers flavor shots, so you wont have to worry about any lack of flavor. When it comes to nutty flavors i suggest hazelnut, my buddy has been vaping it for weeks now and ive actually tried it and its quite tasty :). Just make sure you steep it!

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
70 pg and 30 vg is the way to go

Might be the best way for you, maybe not for him although. Most users like the 5050 ratio, Thats my favorite ratio so far. Depends on how you like it. More flavor an th, or more clouds. If you get a higher Vg percentage, Mount Baker Vapor lets you customize your juice with flavor shots to compensate for the loss of flavor with higher vg juices

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
Anything higher than 50% pg will give you a good throat hit. I personally don't like more than 20%pg. I notice a sensitivity to pg. But, I do sometimes enjoy a good TH. The pg gives that. If you're looking for good ejuice, I have a pretty popular thread called Best Gourmet Ejuice. It gives a lot of people on ECF a plethora of juice ideas :) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssion/474456-best-gourmet-ejuice-vendors.html
Enjoy! Congrats on quitting the cigs.

messi

Feb 2, 2014
Canada
i bought a menthol liquid, and find it unbearable. WAY too strong.

however, i find taking any flavor, and filling my tank 75% with whatever flavor and 25% menthol flavor adds a big throat hit and leaves your mouth feeling like your chewing on a minty gum. love it so far.

obviously if you dont like the menthol taste its not for you. But if you dont mind it, it might be what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread