Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Ok, Got it! Nice looking kit. I got the camo version. Put it on the charger because it was on 34%. Took about a half hour and it's at 100. Very fast. It's a little larger than I expected but it's not bad. The other Vinci Pod systems are a lot bigger and I don't like these that big.

I'm trying the .6Ω coil in one pod and one of the RBS's in another. So far I like the RBA better. I will use both these pods for a couple days to really see how well they work.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
In the RBA, I'm using the pre-made coil that came with the RBA and it's definitely working better than the .6Ω stock one. I keep going back and forth between the 2. I will use my third pod with the 1Ω coil later to see how that one works.

One thing I do not like is every time I swap out the pod, the Vinci Air sets the watts at 25. That is way too high for me with these coils. I have to remember to lower it.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
IMG_20200820_201049.jpg
IMG_20200820_200817.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Katya

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
If anyone uses these RBA coils on these pod systems, what coil are you using? Are you using contact or spaced???. I always said spaced gives more flavor but using contact ones in these tiny things, a contact coil may be easier to work with... IDK, I might have to try a contact coil in the near future.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Using this Pod System a lot since I got it yesterday afternoon and it has to be the Slowest drinker I have ever had. With the 2 pods I'm using, both filled nearly 100%, one is down about 1/3 and the other is down about 1/4. They do hold a lot of liquid too. Battery is about 50% at this point also. Loving this thing so far. And still no leaking. There is some signs of tiny drops of condensation but I expected that.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
If anyone uses these RBA coils on these pod systems, what coil are you using? Are you using contact or spaced???. I always said spaced gives more flavor but using contact ones in these tiny things, a contact coil may be easier to work with... IDK, I might have to try a contact coil in the near future.

I don't have the RBA from Voopoo, is it hard to build on? I have no experince with postless decks.

I found this RBA with two-post deck, which looks like it may be easier to build, but it only fits the Vinci series, not the Air. I think I'm going to get it.

Reewape RUOK RBA Coil for VOOPOO VINCI/VINCI X Kit single coil

And I would probably use a contact coil myself.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't have the RBA from Voopoo, is it hard to build on? I have no experince with postless decks.

I don't know much about it but I've been looking into it. The postless part doesn't seem to be a huge problem, but a bit of a pain because of it's size.

The vast majority of complaints seem to be that, unlike other tiny RBAs that have been released recently, it's not designed to screw into a 510 so you can't screw it onto a mod or some sort of base while your building and wicking it.

Mechlyfe makes an RBA that works in this and other Vinci pod systems, and it has a 510 on it. It also has posts. But it's has a much tighter airflow than the original Voopoo PnP RBA so that may be a turn off for some.

• Agree

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I don't know much about it but I've been looking into it. The postless part doesn't seem to be a huge problem, but a bit of a pain because of it's size.

The vast majority of complaints seem to be that, unlike other tiny RBAs that have been released recently, it's not designed to screw into a 510 so you can't screw it onto a mod or some sort of base while your building and wicking it.

Mechlyfe makes an RBA that works in this and other Vinci pod systems, and it has a 510 on it. It also has posts. But it's has a much tighter airflow than the original Voopoo PnP RBA so that may be a turn off for some.

Agree. I watched a bunch of reviews and it looks like the Reewape Ruok might be best for me. Are you familiar with it?

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA

I found this RBA with two-post deck, which looks like it may be easier to build, but it only fits the Vinci series, not the Air. I think I'm going to get it.

Reewape RUOK RBA Coil for VOOPOO VINCI/VINCI X Kit single coil

And I would probably use a contact coil myself.
    It looks like it will work in my Air. I might try one also.

I found the VooPoo one easy to build. But I'm also very handy building and fixing everything.

• Agree

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Agree. I watched a bunch of reviews and it looks like the Reewape Ruok might be best for me. Are you familiar with it?

No, but looking at the pics the RUOK might be a little more restricted than then original Voopoo PnP RBA, too, judging from the size of the air hole bore.

But it might be less restricted compared to the Mechlyfe because the RUOK gets it's airflow from the side like the original RBA. Whereas the mechlyfe only gets air from the bottom which makes it very restricted. This post on the FT forum claims it is so restricted that it causes spitting and and seems to sugest it is virtually unusable.

I'm a RDL vaper so the Mechlyfe seems like it's not an option for me. That's unfortunate because I like the post/deck the best of all 3 RBAs. Bummer.

The RUOK might be OK, I like the deck better than the original. Another criticism of the original RBA is that the wick has to be crooked because the hole in your coil does not perfectly line up with the wick channels.

So, for me, it looks like the RUOK would be a better fit, too.

• Informative
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread