Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
No, but looking at the pics the RUOK might be a little more restricted than then original Voopoo PnP rba, too, judging from the size of the air hole bore.

But it might be less restricted compared to the Mechlyfe because the RUOK gets it's airflow from the side like the original rba. Whereas the mechlyfe only gets air from the bottom which makes it very restricted. This post on the FT forum claims it is so restricted that it causes spitting and and seems to sugest it is virtually unusable.

I'm a RDL vaper so the Mechlyfe seems like it's not an option for me. That's unfortunate because I like the post/deck the best of all 3 RBAs. Bummer.

The RUOK might be OK, I like the deck better than the original. Another criticism of the original rba is that the wick has to be crooked because the hole in your coil does not perfectly line up with the wick channels.

So, for me, it looks like the RUOK would be a better fit, too.
I just twist the coil so it lines up with the wick channels.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Gurilla

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
I've got 3 Vinci RBA's (official one, mechlyfe and yachvape). It was my first adjustable wattage device (40w). I was glad to have them during quarantine. In order of preference I would rank them mechlyfe, voopoo and yachvape. As a inexperienced vaporist I found the other ones easier too build vs the official one. I would get a lot of leaks from the yachvape RBA from not removing the pod overnight, whereas the other ones didn't have that issue.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I've got 3 Vinci RBA's (official one, mechlyfe and yachvape). It was my first adjustable wattage device (40w). I was glad to have them during quarantine. In order of preference I would rank them mechlyfe, voopoo and yachvape. As a inexperienced vaporist I found the other ones easier too build vs the official one. I would get a lot of leaks from the yachvape RBA from not removing the pod overnight, whereas the other ones didn't have that issue.

Thanks for that! But you haven't tried the Reewape Ruok we've been discussing here, right? It looks promising, but then, so many things look promising on paper. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My stock .6Ω coil is leaking... It's coming from under the coil. Not a lot but it's most likely from my 70% PG liquids. Maybe a higher VG would help but that's not for me. The 2 VooPoo RBA coils are nice and dry. Once these stock coils are done, I will only use the RBA's.

Most VooPoo pods tend to do that. Another reason why I want to try an RBA coil.

Reactions: ricks

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Most VooPoo pods tend to do that. Another reason why I want to try an RBA coil.

I've been thinking of buying a pod system for about 2 months now. It seems that all the ones I have researched have users that claim they leak. Vaping in general is a leaky proposition, for the most part.

• Agree
    Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I've been thinking of buying a pod system for about 2 months now. It seems that all the ones I have researched have users that claim they leak. Vaping in general is a leaky proposition, for the most part.

I have very little experience with pods. I won the Vinci X in a contest and I'm just trying to figure out what to do with it. I bought only one pod--the Minifit, and it doesn't leak. But I don't use it very often. Now I'll probably get the Sceptre--it has all I like--replaceable coils (but no RBA), loose MTL and RDL, and so far everybody says no leaks whatsoever.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I have very little experience with pods. I won the Vinci X in a contest and I'm just trying to figure out what to do with it. I bought only one pod--the Minifit, and it doesn't leak. But I don't use it very often. Now I'll probably get the Sceptre--it has all I like--replaceable coils (but no RBA), loose MTL and RDL, and so far everybody says no leaks whatsoever.
    You don't like the VooPoo Argus? I think I may try that one next.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Why did I look in this thread :facepalm:

Just ordered the Vinci X and the ruok rba head from sourcemore, I have so many aio pod mods already and none of them have worked perfect for me to keep using full time yet, either not a great vape or they leak, but I still keep trying to find the one that I am happy with, maybe the Vinci X with rba may be the one :)

• Love
    Reactions: ricks
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread