Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Ok, True Story
I was at work enjoying my 901. Naturally people are going to notice in a pizza shop. But anyway I was talking to one of my co-workers about how great e-cigs are in general, and how much it actually feels like a regular cigarette.(I can get kinda preachy) So before I knew it there was a small crowd of 4 people around me, with one guy holding my 901. The one guy who's name will remain nameless, snatched it out of one's hand and took a hit! I was completley shocked which I will tell you why i a minute. Right afterwards my boss grabbed it and she was holding it. Now, she doesnt smoke nor had in the past 4-5 years so I thought noting of it. Until that is, she put it up to her lips, I gasped and couldnt even get a word out in time and she hit it. I took the 901 back, threw away the whole cart. I took her back to the office and I told her that she needs to find something right away to clean her mouth or do something because I beleive the "nameless one" has Herpes! She didnt beleive me and told me that I'm crazy. Now my ultimate fear is a non-curable disease, I Know these things. A week passes by ( Im menatally tearing myself apart during) and she comes up to me and asks "Remember what you told me the other day?" I said "um yea" she repiled "look" as she pulled her cheek back slightly BOOM there it was! It looked like a Huge dome with a ton of little bubbles on it! Totally speechless and full of guilt, I couldnt say a word except to apologize. The End

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
You can also just carry some extra mouthpieces, and just switch those in any situation you don't trust, that way it doesn't cost you a bunch of cartridges... and there are warnings in the NZ-reports that disease can be transported through the mouthpieces, so I do think this can well have happened due to using the e-cig after a herpes-victim (true Kate, with open sore in mouth). Good warning to watch the hygiene a bit...

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
We definitely have to be vigilant about hygiene. I had a similar experience around Christmas time, I was vaping on the bus home after a good night out and before I know it its been snatched away and passed around, I got it back eventually and being a little (a lot!!!) inebriated I continued to puff away. My own fault I know, but within a couple of days I had the worst flu combined with a throat infection, not your regular man flu here but seriously the worst I`ve ever felt. Needless to say no-one touches my e-cig now!!!!

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
PROTIP : Someone snatches up MY e-cig, they're getting their face pushed in.

It's a respect thing. Don't be grabbing someone else's junk unless you want to be choking on your own teeth.

Oooh if it was my disposable cigar I would be mightily cheesed off!! No one gets in the way of me and my enjoyment of my disposable cigar especially as it has no replaceable end!!

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Well, Dr Laugesen did mention this in the report
"Conclusion. Public health agencies typically advise people not to share drinking glasses
or cigarettes, due to the risk of cross-infection from lip saliva on the mouth end. This
advice should be extended to e-cigarettes. Manufacturers’ instructions to users should
discourage cigarette sharing because of the risk of transfer of meningococcal meningitis,
tuberculosis and other infectious diseases."

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
November_6_1.jpg

Keep the hell away from my Evo.​

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
This story is actually good... from a suppliers perspective. Food for thought while re-writing the manual.

We are asked about how long should people reuse their cartridges when using e-liquid. One thing I will say is that way back in the day when smoke51 first made their appearance, they did start pushing the "all in one" nic cartridge/atomizer because of "hygenic" reasons. I always suggest that people use the cartridges no more than 20x's. (I don't teach new users how to clean their cartridges... they can figure this out once they figure out the device) Plus, after enough uses, they don't get the same kind of fit on the atomizer.

However, this is just more reason to make sure that a: you don't share. use leafords idea. b: utilize some of the cleaning methods people have come up with. Just like your toothbrush, you should wash it in the dishwasher or buy a new one after illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread