Virgin vapor........really? who vapes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Well I'm anxious to try the two flavors I received two days ago (they're sitting now with the caps off). I ordered the Kona Velvet Milkshake and Hazelnut. I debated on whether or not to order all VG but thought I'd play it safer with 50/50. I admit the initial smell was a bit undesirable but I've learned to not let that deter me.

I let mine sit for 2 days opened, and it was still a bit "chemically" tasting. Now that it's about 2 months old, I think it's awesome. I also mix a little bit of the Turkish Coffee in there if I want a little more coffee "kick".

But in my experience, VV juices really do need to steep at least 3 weeks to get the best flavor.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
Well I'm anxious to try the two flavors I received two days ago (they're sitting now with the caps off). I ordered the Kona Velvet Milkshake and Hazelnut. I debated on whether or not to order all VG but thought I'd play it safer with 50/50. I admit the initial smell was a bit undesirable but I've learned to not let that deter me.

Yeah, for me there's this alcohol-ish type smell to it that just won't leave, no matter how much shaking, cap off steeping, etc. I do to it. I emailed the company about it, but they never replied.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound

I got Kona Velvet Milkshake in a sampler about a month ago and it's amazing! It's so good I ordered a 30ml bottle. The sampler was good after a couple of days, but after about two to three weeks of maturing it really seems to hit the sweet spot. Once my 30ml bottle matures in about ten days it's going to be my adv.

Last edited:

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
I'm usually so good about letting my juice age but curiosity was killing me so I put a little of the Kona Milkshake in my mini protank and I wish I had curbed my curiosity. lol So the top goes back on and I will put it to the very back of my bottles and will let it sit for a few weeks for sure. I think I'll give it at least a month (cuz right now it's definitely going to need it). I'm keeping an open mind folks!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I'm usually so good about letting my juice age but curiosity was killing me so I put a little of the Kona Milkshake in my mini protank and I wish I had curbed my curiosity. lol So the top goes back on and I will put it to the very back of my bottles and will let it sit for a few weeks for sure. I think I'll give it at least a month (cuz right now it's definitely going to need it). I'm keeping an open mind folks!

HIGHLY recommend removing the cap to let the alcohol evaporate. Made a world of difference in mine!

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
+1 to letting some of the stronger VV flavors age. Especially the coffee flavors.

The Kona flavors I used to love and now are tasting weird to me. I still love her fruity flavors; today I had Snakebite. And Buttercream Mint is one of my absolute favorites.

Yeah, I think I got a bad batch of the Kona Coffee, cause it's still terrible after over a month of steeping ... just can't get that aftertaste out. I emailed them about it, never received a reply.

I got some VV - Kona Velvet Milkshake. IT WAS SOOO GOOD! Beat every flavor I've ever tried, hands down delicious. I ordered 2 more bottles right away. When they came they had a rubbing alcohol taste, and weren't very good. They have an Absolute Virgin line that is VG and has no alcohol. It's worth a try, that Kona was wonderful.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I wonder if the strange taste is due to the fact that they used to use ECOPure nicotine base, and since that is no longer available, they had to find alternatives? I came to vaping just as the ECO was being discontinued, and there were a lot of unhappy vapors talking about it. I myself never had the opportunity to try it, but maybe that's what people are not liking anymore?

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Yeah, I think I got a bad batch of the Kona Coffee, cause it's still terrible after over a month of steeping ... just can't get that aftertaste out. I emailed them about it, never received a reply.

what is a vendor supposed to say? "sorry you didn't like our eliquid flavor". there are tons of juices out there, if everybody liked the same thing they would all be the same. I happen to love kona coffee milkshake-so what? some people can't stand it...

why does anybody start a thread about how good or bad some flavor is? it never translates to anybody else's exact taste. find what you like and keep vaping it but it makes no sense to slam a vendor because you don't like something.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I wasn't a fan of Kona Coffee Milkshake or Kona Velvet Milkshake even after steeping for a long period of time. I PIF'ed it to someone else and they loved it. I bought the two flavors because of the reviews from others on ECF and because I love coffee vapes. I thought it was going to be a slam dunk that I would likes these flavors. Was I surprised when I didn't. Tastes are very subjective.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
what is a vendor supposed to say? "sorry you didn't like our eliquid flavor". there are tons of juices out there, if everybody liked the same thing they would all be the same. I happen to love kona coffee milkshake-so what? some people can't stand it...

why does anybody start a thread about how good or bad some flavor is? it never translates to anybody else's exact taste. find what you like and keep vaping it but it makes no sense to slam a vendor because you don't like something.

I like to use the forum for what it's for, sharing opinions ... especially then you have a bad experience, email the vendor, and they don't reply ... THAT is something other people might want to know before they order.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
While it's nice to get the courtesy email reply, if I don't get one, to me, it doesn't mean a bad experience. I've emailed plenty of companies about their products, mainly food items and quality control issues and have not always got an email back. I once got a Lean Cuisine that was about 35% garlic pieces. I even took a picture and sent it to the company to let them know they might want to look into quality control. Really, no reply was needed. Did you ask them a question that they didn't answer?

I like to use the forum for what it's for, sharing opinions ... especially then you have a bad experience, email the vendor, and they don't reply ... THAT is something other people might want to know before they order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread