Virgin vapor........really? who vapes this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I have noticed that. I tried another juice that a couple of other people liked along with the VV ones I didn't like and I wasn't crazy about that one either. I'm glad I found some that I really like so I'm not so desperate trying to find an ADV.

I think it's valuable in that after reading through reviews and trying juices yourself over time, you notice people who seem to have similar tastes as yourself and you can try juices based on what THEY liked.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I like to use the forum for what it's for, sharing opinions ... especially then you have a bad experience, email the vendor, and they don't reply ... THAT is something other people might want to know before they order.

again, why should a vendor respond because you don't like a taste? I get if the bottle comes broken or is the wrong item but what is someone supposed to say when you say "I didn't like such and such flavor". just don't order it again. when I go out to eat and try something and i don't like it(but it was prepared correctly) guess what? I don't order it again. I don't blame the cook for making it in the first place. that's why they have a menu- for variety. and I don't need to talk to the chef to tell him I didn't like it. if the food is good i'll come back and get something else. and not liking the taste is not a "bad experience" it's just not liking the taste.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
I think it's valuable in that after reading through reviews and trying juices yourself over time, you notice people who seem to have similar tastes as yourself and you can try juices based on what THEY liked.

maybe, but even then you might not like them anyway which is fine, but why blame the vendor? what is the point of a thread that slams a vendor because you don't like the taste. how whiney is that?

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
again, why should a vendor respond because you don't like a taste? I get if the bottle comes broken or is the wrong item but what is someone supposed to say when you say "I didn't like such and such flavor". just don't order it again. when I go out to eat and try something and i don't like it(but it was prepared correctly) guess what? I don't order it again. I don't blame the cook for making it in the first place. that's why they have a menu- for variety. and I don't need to talk to the chef to tell him I didn't like it. if the food is good i'll come back and get something else. and not liking the taste is not a "bad experience" it's just not liking the taste.

This isn't a situation where it's a taste preference thing, this is a there's something wrong with it thing. Others in this thread have mentioned bad batches. Also I have had other vapors taste this and they have the same reaction.

And yes, I do expect a vendor in the vape community to respond. I recently had an issue with another juice vendor where USPS lost the package, which wasn't even the juice vendor's vault. They shipped me a 60 ml bottle when all I ordered was 30, plus a small sample bottle. THAT is the kind of customer service I have witnessed in our community, so a simple reply to a politely written email isn't too much to ask.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
This isn't a situation where it's a taste preference thing, this is a there's something wrong with it thing. Others in this thread have mentioned bad batches. Also I have had other vapors taste this and they have the same reaction.

And yes, I do expect a vendor in the vape community to respond. I recently had an issue with another juice vendor where USPS lost the package, which wasn't even the juice vendor's vault. They shipped me a 60 ml bottle when all I ordered was 30, plus a small sample bottle. THAT is the kind of customer service I have witnessed in our community, so a simple reply to a politely written email isn't too much to ask.

yeah, it IS a taste preference thing. I doubt there is a "bad batch" too many people enjoy it. a lot of people don't, so what? and responding to a lost package is not the same thing as responding to a " I don't like your juice" .once again, what do you want the vendor to say? "sorry you don't like that flavor-we will now drop everything and try to come up with a flavor you will enjoy"? oh wait, we already have done that, that's why we have so many different choices......

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
yeah, it IS a taste preference thing. I doubt there is a "bad batch" too many people enjoy it. a lot of people don't, so what? and responding to a lost package is not the same thing as responding to a " I don't like your juice" .once again, what do you want the vendor to say? "sorry you don't like that flavor-we will now drop everything and try to come up with a flavor you will enjoy"? oh wait, we already have done that, that's why we have so many different choices......

The vendor could reply with something like, "you might be smelling X chemical, leave the top off for X amount of time" ... or something like that. To simply ignore the email is rude and unprofessional, especially considering the high standard of great customer service that is typical of the vaping community.

I also would be REALLY surprised if I had you vape out my bottle, if you would say, "wow, that's great ... it's supposed to taste like that"

This isn't a vanilla vs chocolate / I hate chocolate thing .... this is a there's some really nasty chemical thing, and everyone that I've ever had smell / taste it feels the same way about it. I feel it's the right thing to do to warn people that they might have the same experience ... that is all.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
maybe, but even then you might not like them anyway which is fine, but why blame the vendor? what is the point of a thread that slams a vendor because you don't like the taste. how whiney is that?

I never said anything about blaming the vendor. I was just sharing a thought about the value of others posting what they like and didn't like...lol

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
The vendor could reply with something like, "you might be smelling X chemical, leave the top off for X amount of time" ... or something like that. To simply ignore the email is rude and unprofessional, especially considering the high standard of great customer service that is typical of the vaping community..................

obviously I didn't read your complaint message to VV, so I am not talking to you specifically, but just in general I have found that one gets much better service and responses if one is nice when they complain. I never put in a complaint letter things like, I hate your crummy product, etc. I always start off by saying something like "I thought you would like to know.........."
I will say that most of us have tons of liquids we didn't like. I actually only have a few I do like (that taste is subjective thing), but I had to go through lots to find those few. some vendors I can't vape any of their products, but apparently others love them or they would go out of business :closedeyes:
oh and I have never had VV liquids so I am not a fan defending them.....but I believe in fairness ...

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
obviously I didn't read your complaint message to VV, so I am not talking to you specifically, but just in general I have found that one gets much better service and responses if one is nice when they complain. I never put in a complaint letter things like, I hate your crummy product, etc. I always start off by saying something like "I thought you would like to know.........."
I will say that most of us have tons of liquids we didn't like. I actually only have a few I do like (that taste is subjective thing), but I had to go through lots to find those few. some vendors I can't vape any of their products, but apparently others love them or they would go out of business :closedeyes:
oh and I have never had VV liquids so I am not a fan defending them.....but I believe in fairness ...

I actually agree with you 100% ... I was very polite in my email. I always am to vendors and literally every other experience I've had when I've contacted them has been great. Some worth mentioning that have GREAT customer service in my opinion:

Alien Visions
DC Vapor Co
VaporTek USA
Fasttech (might be slow to respond because they are always swamped, but usually will do right by you)
MBV

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
I never said anything about blaming the vendor. I was just sharing a thought about the value of others posting what they like and didn't like...lol

maybe not you specifically, but the title of this thread is asking how anyone could vape virgin vapors. it is worded to put down the vendor which is wrong and misguided. all he /she had to say was "I tried this and it's not for me". try something else and move on.....

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I have grown really tired of overgeneralizing posts like "I tried their juice and I didn't like it." What juices exactly? Why didn't you like them? Did you let them steep? How long? Etc, etc, etc.

The post you are referring to about the use of diacetyl alleged that VV was changing vendors because they could not be sure that all of the flavorings were 100% diacetyl-free with the exception of the Absolute Virgin line which they know is free of diacetyl.

Anyone who is concerned, and rightfully so, should contact Virgin Vapor and confirm this with them and not take some random person's word for it.

Last edited:

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
I have to say I agree.. I ordered some samples from Virgin Vapor after hearing all the rave reviews... can't say I was too impressed by any of them. Plus I read somewhere they use diacetyl in some of their juices? And their prices aren't exactly cheap either...

Interesting, that stuff is supposed to be not so good for you when it's heated:

Diacetyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Exactly....I would personally not vape anything with diacetyl. Better safe than sorry. If a vendor doesn't say their juice is diacetyl-free, ask. Many, if not most, vendors have already stopped using any flavorings containing diacetyl.

Interesting, that stuff is supposed to be not so good for you when it's heated:

Diacetyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Well sorry I didn't include the names of all the flavors I tried, but my general opinion is that they were all meh to me, perhaps it's their base liquid that I don't care for. And the diacetyl has me worried as well and I was unaware of this when I ordered the samples.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
I also saw the thread, which was promptly deleted, and I found the person's post highly suspect.

1. The person said they asked VV if there was diacetyl in their e-liquids. What prompted them to ask in the first place?
2. The person stated that VV said a supplier wouldn't tell them whether there was diacetyl in their product. This person also stated that VV told them that the diacetyl was found in parts per million, (in which case there would be no possible harm to humans). Which was it? it can't be both.

Kyi, I would be very, very careful about spreading unsubstantiated rumors that could damage a company's reputation and business.

Last edited:

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I apologize if I have been misinformed, my only assumption about the diacetyl was from that person's post. I have not asked Virgin Vapors personally so I do not know for sure. But either way, my opinion about the flavoring of their juice remains the same. They weren't bad, just not really my cup of tea. That is all.

BobbyJohn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
California
www.tetra-vape.com
I find the whole thread hilarious.

I just had to stop reading once I read that the "alcohol" taste in the honeydew melon was too much... when there is no alcohol in the honeydew. As for diacetyl, this is news to me. But if you're really worried about it, maybe stay away from caramel corn or other buttery flavors (from all vendors).

Nobody every actually mentions which flavor they didn't like. If it was steeped or not. I feel like this is some bash from the general community on organic or 100% VG. If you came in and said that the 100% had muted flavors, I'd agree with you. But personally, I'll take muted flavors over PG because it comes from plants instead of potential petroleum/coal/natural gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread