Viscosity and Vapor Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

C6Silver

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
I am wondering if anyone here has experimented with juice viscosity and its impact on vapor production? We know that VG seems to produce more vapor than PG. I am not sure if this is because VG is thicker than PG or whether there are other properties involved. Of course one could cut VG to the thickness of PG. If that were the case, would the vapor production be the same as PG?

I got to wondering about this as I just scaled up a smaller batch I had been making to something larger. For whatever reason the vapor production does not appear as good. I began to wonder if my mixture was too viscous and whether being too viscous would actually reduce vapor production. I don't know if the atomizer has a harder time producing vapor if the liquid is too thick.

I will have to experiment with this myself, but wondering if anyone has actually done this leg work?

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I am curious about this as well, but actually I am wondering for atomizer failure reasons. If the juice is too thick would it clog up the atomizer faster than something on the thinner side? If this is true where would be the perfect medium for great vapor production as well as not junking the atomizer?

I actually run 40% VG 60% PG and 20% Vodka just about perfect. The voka helps to thin the VG out, since if it is too thick then it will wick slower causing the atty to heat faster and do two things cause a burning taste, and cause premature failure since the coil is not wet enough. Too thin and it wicks to fast and causes flooding.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread