Vision Ego Stardust less flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Not sure if it's just me, but using one of my favorite flavors (Backo from Backwoods Brew) I notice much less flavor then the last 2 times I have gotten this flavor using Regular cartomizers. There seems to be almost no flavor sometimes and is almost like I'm smoking flavorless e-liquid.
Anyone else noticing less flavor while using these Vision Clearomizers?

I'm kinda thinking that because of how the wick goes threw the tiny hole and the type of wick fiber that is used that maybe it is filtering out the flavor before it gets to the atomizer inside? What do you all think?

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
Yep, flavor in these stardust things is VERY muted in comparison to the Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers that I also use. I did side by side 'taste comparisons' on fresh KGO batteries with the same exact juice in a VES and in a CEMDCC and the difference in flavor is VERY marked. I am extremely disappointed in that. I bought 20 of them and now wish that I had not. :(

They are certainly interesting to look at and sleek as can be sitting on top of my KGO bats... but there is little taste and that is/was the most important factor to me in deciding on a cartomizer.

~Tiger

mahv

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2011
Estonia
Yep, flavor in these stardust things is VERY muted in comparison to the Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers that I also use.
~Tiger

I totally agree! Initially I thought it was just me, but now when someone else points it out...yes, it is truth. Comparing to Visions it is like comparing the day and the night:)

DarkAynjil

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2011
El Paso
I have a few, and they have very muted flavor - the stardust is best used at about 3.4 - 3.6 volts, and stronger delicate flavors don't do well on it. It was literally designed for the Ego battery (not the KGo, Riva, etc). If you treat it like an Ego cartomizer, in that respect, it actually performs quite well. Also, avoid cinnamon and apple flavors or anything that might have an organic oil extract (vanilla), as these will combine with the alcohol in the juice and estherize in the tank, causing the tank to crack.

Last edited:

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I have been using the stardust for about 3 weeks. I have 20 of them, but haven't had to open more than the first one. It is still going strong - no cracks, good flavor!

My juice is DIY peach menthol or watermelon menthol depending on the day - both very good in the stardust. DH is vaping DIY tobacco flavor and he says it is great. We are using them on the Provari.

I have water rinsed mine about three times, and filled it back up and vape away. I would think as long as you stay away from the juices known to crack the plastic, you should be fine.

Honestly, these are some of the best carto type devices there are. I'm still rockin my REOS also, but these Stardusts are just a really nice Vape IMHO!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Thanks Reet. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try then :).
I have been using the stardust for about 3 weeks. I have 20 of them, but haven't had to open more than the first one. It is still going strong - no cracks, good flavor!

My juice is DIY peach menthol or watermelon menthol depending on the day - both very good in the stardust. DH is vaping DIY tobacco flavor and he says it is great. We are using them on the Provari.

I have water rinsed mine about three times, and filled it back up and vape away. I would think as long as you stay away from the juices known to crack the plastic, you should be fine.

Honestly, these are some of the best carto type devices there are. I'm still rockin my REOS also, but these Stardusts are just a really nice Vape IMHO!

twohandedcreations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
orlando florida
Ive noticed the flavor thing as well. I gone through several of them due to cracks and flavor changes. I've noticed it kills some flavors and others it does just the opposite. I prolly have 10 different flavors I vape on a regular basis, and some of them I cant taste at all when their in a stardust. But one thing I've noticed that helped, was I used a dental tool and I pulled up that silicone piece thats on the center tube just a tiny bit, because it chokes the wick a lil' bit if its too tight up against it...! Dont pull it up much, Just a tiny lil' bit is plenty!! If you lift it too much it will flood the coil..... maybe this might help your flavor! It did for me!!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Ive noticed the flavor thing as well. I gone through several of them due to cracks and flavor changes. I've noticed it kills some flavors and others it does just the opposite. I prolly have 10 different flavors I vape on a regular basis, and some of them I cant taste at all when their in a stardust. But one thing I've noticed that helped, was I used a dental tool and I pulled up that silicone piece thats on the center tube just a tiny bit, because it chokes the wick a lil' bit if its too tight up against it...! Dont pull it up much, Just a tiny lil' bit is plenty!! If you lift it too much it will flood the coil..... maybe this might help your flavor! It did for me!!
Great tip! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread