Vision Spinner 2 / Kanger t3s questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys....so I'm working with my first nice setup, the spinner 2 with the nicely priced t3s tank. As I'm new to vaping I'm learning that as you go along your journey you find what works for you. I'm lucky as this setup is really working for me. Now i know there are much nicer tanks out there, but my funds are very limited right now so basically I've found that lower voltage settings work better with most juices on the T3S. I started getting a burnt taste after 3 days of vaping at about 4.2 volts when I first got the spinner 2. I'm not sure if that means the coil is shot, I changed the 1.8 ohm coil to a 2.2 ohm, started vaping at 3.9 volts and it seems to be working great. I saved the old coil just in case it's salvageable, not trying to throw away money ya know. So what is the difference between the 1.8 an 2.2 ohm coil heads i got? I know juices can affect my experience as well. Can anyone chime in with anything ie comments on this combo / experiences with different settings etc. I'd like to make this setup last and only have to change coil heads every few weeks. I've quit smoking and I'm a fairly moderate vaper since I vape 18 mg right now to stay off smokes. It's pretty easy. I really enjoy vaping. Thanks guys. Go E A G L E S!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey guys....so I'm working with my first nice setup, the spinner 2 with the nicely priced t3s tank. As I'm new to vaping I'm learning that as you go along your journey you find what works for you. I'm lucky as this setup is really working for me. Now i know there are much nicer tanks out there, but my funds are very limited right now so basically I've found that lower voltage settings work better with most juices on the T3S. I started getting a burnt taste after 3 days of vaping at about 4.2 volts when I first got the spinner 2. I'm not sure if that means the coil is shot, I changed the 1.8 ohm coil to a 2.2 ohm, started vaping at 3.9 volts and it seems to be working great. I saved the old coil just in case it's salvageable, not trying to throw away money ya know. So what is the difference between the 1.8 an 2.2 ohm coil heads i got? I know juices can affect my experience as well. Can anyone chime in with anything ie comments on this combo / experiences with different settings etc. I'd like to make this setup last and only have to change coil heads every few weeks. I've quit smoking and I'm a fairly moderate vaper since I vape 18 mg right now to stay off smokes. It's pretty easy. I really enjoy vaping. Thanks guys. Go E A G L E S!!!

On a variable mod, it's really not necessary to use lower-ohm coils to get a good vape. With the old non-variable batteries, lower resistance meant a better vape, and that's true on mechanicals too, all that sub-ohm business going on. Lower resistance will drain your battery faster, so if you have a variable, you're much better off with a higher resistance coil, and yeah, it'll vape better too, without frying the juice.

I used T3S's almost exclusively for about the first 2 months of vaping, and it's good that you saved that one that tasted bad, because you can do a couple of different things to them to make them suitable for re-use. 1) you can dry-burn the coil; just remove the top, "flavor" wick, and fire the coil in 3 second pulses, and it will "cook off" the nastiness leaving the silica inside the coil white as snow; then just put a new flavor wick, close it back up, and it's good to go for another week or two. You can do that 3 or 4 times before the wick in the coil should be replaced. Or, 2) you can rebuild those heads with a whole new coil. It's not as easy as with a rebuildable like a kayfun, just because they're so small and it's hard to work with something that tiny, but that's how a lot of us got started with building coils -- once you can rebuild a T3S or a protank head, a kayfun is a piece of cake! There's an excellent pictorial blog post about rebuilding a mini protank (the T3S is nearly identical) which is the one I learned from -> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/brookj1986/6066-simple-protank-coil-replacement.html

Andria

TCombinator

Sep 1, 2014
Boston, USA

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hey tfg

I have found with any of those Kanger BCC clearos:

First, skip the suggest voltages on that mini chart that comes with Kanger stuff. In general the suggested voltages are higher than what really works well. The suggestions also do not take into account what level of heat works best for the liquid flavor you are using - and every liquid is different. So the first rule of BCC clearos is: Always dial it all the way down when starting a new coil, and move the voltage up until you get the flavor that tastes best. Higher voltage - just because you can - doesn't mean a better experience.

The other problem with running voltage higher than needed - besides maybe skipping right past the spot where you liquid tastes the best - is: The hotter you run a coil/wick the faster flavoring components and sweetener in liquids will get encrusted onto the wick and coil. Once you hit that point that your experience is tasting nasty/harsh all the time you can't fix it my turning the voltage back down again. In other words, once the damage is done you can't 'un-burnt' a coil assembly. The only thing that will help is trying to clean it or rebuilding it.

What's the difference in your ohm-age? The lower the resistance the hotter the coils gets, and faster. To compensate with a VV battery like you have, you dial down the voltage for lower resistance coils to avoid things tasting too harsh or hot. The problem with the Kanger design is their lower resistance coils - 1.8 ohms or less - really don't give you enough room on the low end of things to turn the voltage down enough . I have found that some Kanger 1.8 ohm coils - even all the way down at 3.2 volts - can still be a bit too much. If I were me I stick to the 2.2 or 2.5 ohm Kanger coils to have the most flexibility when used with a VV or VW battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread