Vision Spinner II Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
So my girlfriend uses Vision Spinners (II) exclusively. She has done for a good year or so. However, there seems to be a problem with her stripping the threads on them. I pay for all her Vape gear and I've bought her about 5 Vision Spinner 2s over the past year. She has only ever used an Aspire nautilus Mini on them. Every time, the issue has been the threads stripping out.

I don't think she's particularly rough with the devices and she uses a beauty ring which helps support the tank. Is it an issue with the quality of the 510 connector?

Are they any alternatives I can buy her? She doesn't want a box mod, nor unregulated, and preferably cylindrical.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sounds like she's severely over-tightening them. Snug is all that's needed.

There are adapters that may help with the stripped out ones. Here's one type, that will go onto the ego (external) threads and provide a new 510 thread: EGO to EGO 510 Atomizer Adapter : L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes

Might check on your side of the pond for something similar.

Johan55

Jun 8, 2015
Lotta fake Spinner 2's out there. Unless your gf is very strong, should not be able to strip threads by hand tightening. Just bought a 1600 mah Spinner 2 (dealer to be named later if they don't make it right), and authenticity check on Visions website indicates it is counterfeit. Perhaps not so good quality control/materials on the fakes....

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Joyetech ego One XL is cylindrical, regulated, and even with the 2200 mah battery it's smaller than a Spinner. More airflow, especially with the .5ohm coil, which can take some getting used to, though it's adjustable. 19mm diameter, so the Nautilus Mini will look a bit over sized on it as opposed to the included tank. Coils last a lot longer than they did for me in my Nautilus, though, so it works out in the end. I've had mine for about 3 months now and no problems. It's my go to for when I'm going to work or out and about for for the evening, and I highly recommend them.

eGo ONE XL Kit by JoyeTech

Reactions: fraserkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread