vision spinner light flash codes anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrick92

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
CT,USA
Hey there. Ok,so I figured out the lights flashes when I charge,or take it off the charger. But now I got a new one. Give you a brief history....

Today tried vaping, nothing happened. I knew the battery was freshly charged. Tried my backup, worked for a bit then died. No flashing lights on the spinner at this point. Didn't know if it was the batteries cuz I didn't have a spare clearo or carto to throw on. Waited till I got home from work and put on a carto, fired right up. Ok, so I changed out the "2 day old" :( head, replaced it with the one backup I had gotten with my order. Fired right up,no problem. Vaped for about 20 minutes, then the light on the spinner started flashing and would not fire. Remember,no flash the first time, now its flashing 4 times before going dark and no firing. Now, I slap on the carto,and it fires right up.

So, my question posed is, have I just killed 2,2 heads in less then 24 hours; or do you think something else is going on? Cuz if these heads are only going to last me less than 2 days or 30 minutes a piece, I will not be buying another clearo in my life. As a side note, they were 1.8 ohms, and I was firing them up at 3.7 volts.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I suspect you have coils that are low in resistance which is making the battery cut out to protect itself. Check ohms with a PV that does that or with a digital multi meter if you have one. Heads have a tolerance of about +-0.2 ohms normally, but they can go more than that. The Spinners probably have a lower limit about 1.5 ohms. If the heads are lower than 1.5 you should be able to get them replaced.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What he said!^

I have a multimeter and always check the resistance of my atties--when I first get them, and then, occasionally, as they get older. Just because the manufacturer says they are 1.8Ω doesn't mean that they are. This is particularly important with LR coils, as resistance tends to go down (or up) as the coil gets dirty, after cleaning etc. Your atty may have shorted. You need a multimeter to be able to figure out what is going on.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There is a maximum power rating on the battery. Once you go over that, either the battery gets damaged, or it needs to protect itself (shut down or limit it's discharge rate). Lower ohms draws more current which equals more power. Here is a chart that shows watts per voltage and ohms. Notice that power goes up for lower ohms at the same voltage. Yes, you can gain by reducing volts, but eventually you run out of room.

merrick92

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
CT,USA
Nope, no luck on the pin. Cleaning,ive only had the darn thing for less than 2 days. And the old blu carto puffs away like a champ. I don't get it. Guess ill wait for the new heads to come in.

<edit> Looks like from the chart I may have had it set a wee bit too high. I'm guessing the heads just gone. :( live and learn I guess. was running the supposed 1.8ohms at 3.8v

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Nope, no luck on the pin. Cleaning,ive only had the darn thing for less than 2 days. And the old blu carto puffs away like a champ. I don't get it. Guess ill wait for the new heads to come in.

Be very gentle with battery pin--it's attached to the wires inside and if you break them, you've lost a battery. Without knowing the resistance of those atties, we're just speculating. If it's a contact issue, check the center post at the bottom of your clearo. If you need to adjust a post, do it on your clearo rather than on the battery. And Merrick is right, grab some ISO alcohol and an old soft toothbrush and clean the contacts. If there's any old dried up juice in there, it should be cleaned.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I run 1.8 ohm coils exclusively, and won't use any others, I'm happy with them and they perform brilliantly on my egos my ego-c's at 4.0 volts and my Vamo at 7watts. Sorry pin and cleaning didn't help. I carry 25 spare coils at any one time as I never intend to rebuild them, I clean and use til done. At 1.50 each all is good and they last at least a month each. Hope u get sorted soon. GL.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah, me too. :) Got the 5 at 2 ohms pretty cheap, so Ill just vape away refilling old cartos for now until I get them in the mail. Thanks to you both. I saved that chart Katya, for future reference,thanks for the link to it.edit> Sorry Ryedan, thank you for chart.:toast:

OK, he gave you a chart, I'll give you my favorite Ohm's Law calculator!

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

Now you just need a multimeter. :facepalm:

BTW, there are some great ones made just for cartos (will work with clearos with an adapter--super easy to use). Wanna link? :D

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I can run 1.8 heads @ 4.2 volts on my Spinners BUT as Katya stated I also always test my heads before using. I tested one 1.8 ohms head and it measured out at 2.2 ohms. Imagine if it had tested out @ 1.4 ohms??? I believe you have a connection problem on your Vivi and the batt is shutting down to protect itself. As for a digital muti tester it's a must have for vapers...test batts, chargers, cartos, heads, etc and takes the guesswork out of vaping. More importantly it helps avoid damaging batteries. Wait for sales...I just bought a $40.00 tester on sale for $9.99....actually bought 4 of them :facepalm:

Here's a great tutorial about using a digital multi tester on vape gear

Last edited:

merrick92

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
CT,USA
I'm thinking your right,After seeing everyone elses settings on here, I can't believe I blew 2 of them in less than 8 hours. Must be the something up with the clearo.Im gonna buy a new one at the b&m up the street. My old cartomizer is still working great on the battery, Ive had this one for 3 months and it still works,lol. At least I have something to keep me from going after the stinkies. :)

merrick92

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
CT,USA
Alrighty, stopped by b&m and picked up clearo with 2.4 ohm head. Based on charts Im running it at 3.5v. My original clearo I thought the taste of the juice was off,but figured maybe it was the delivery system. Now Im guessing that was the burnt taste everyone talks about. With the setting on spinner at 3.5, it tastes almost exactly as it did in my carto. Live and learn :) At least now I'll now when Im burning it too high, not having that happen before I didn't know that was what it was. Cheers all. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread