Vision spinner problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
As I said, the warranty is published and the length and terms are what they are.
If you do find a vendor with a longer warranty, don't expect a freebee if you have problems after that warranty expires either.

It all seems pretty straight forward to me :2c:

I'd just like a battery that works longer than the 20 days I used it. Wasn't really looking for a freebie, just anything to help out. This forum has been more help than the bland responses I got from whoever answered me on the ticketing system.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
It is our collaborative opinion the batt you received was not a dud, juice in the batt is a common user error.
The fact remains you are past the posted warranty. We are here to help so keep in mind you catch more fly with honey than vinegar. :2c:

Try the rice then come back and tell us How it went. ;)

Will do. Already got it in rice so hopefully that helps cuz there's obviously some kind of power to it, but it's only when plugged in. When it's in my hand, there is no reaction at all, so hopefully that's just some juice in the works giving me hell. Thanks for the suggestions, you've been the most help out of this ordeal.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
Will do. Already got it in rice so hopefully that helps cuz there's obviously some kind of power to it, but it's only when plugged in. When it's in my hand, there is no reaction at all, so hopefully that's just some juice in the works giving me hell. Thanks for the suggestions, you've been the most help out of this ordeal.

I have seen that before in my case juice was on the wire and the contacts. That messes with the power flow. You can see that with the charger trying to do something.
The chip inside is keeping it from working in your hand with doing it job to protect you. If there is not too much juice it will dry out. The safety chip will let it work again if we can get it dried out. and a charge will complete. :D

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't care if it's $1, $30 or $10,000 - if it's out of warranty it's out of warranty. End of story.

Just out of curiosity - have you ever looked at the "warranty" period on a new TV - they are horrible......yep, that one got me once, but I bought it.

And as for bland answers from Customer Service - would it make you happy if they sugar coated it but with the same outcome?

Rant over...........

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't care if it's $1, $30 or $10,000 - if it's out of warranty it's out of warranty. End of story.

Just out of curiosity - have you ever looked at the "warranty" period on a new TV - they are horrible......yep, that one got me once, but I bought it.

And as for bland answers from Customer Service - would it make you happy if they sugar coated it but with the same outcome?

Rant over...........

Nope... sure wouldn't.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
humm I havent had any of the spinners but have been through my share of ego twists and if I had to guess it could be that the battery cell inside the tube shifted inside the tube at some point and slightly disconnected on of the wires to the circuit board. They are really tiny wires and sometimes it dosent take much to damage the solder connection. Ive got a twist on the shelf right now that I gave up on untill I get a soldering station set back up because it was acting in a similar wonky manor - sometimes it would blink on the charger, sometimes it would blink when something was screwed on to it like it was shorted out, sometimes it just refused to work at all. Often time several sharp taps on the table would bring it back to life for a while but eventually it bacame mostly unresponsive. It never had juice in it for sure as I only used vivi novas on it and none of them have ever leaked or otherwise even had juice on the connector.
Adrena would be right I think that juice in there could cause similar malfunctions so the rice trick might help but it could possibly take longer than just a couple of days.
I imagine the spinner is built like a twist so when you are at the point of chucking it in the bin you might see if you cantake it apart and work on it or perhaps someone near you can help if you are not that mechanically inclined. On the twist the head end is just pressed into the metal tube and can be worked out but you must be careful to do it gently or when it comes out you risk ripping the rest of the wires off (dont ask how I know :facepalm:). Heh I just got the twist in question back down off the shelf and low and behold it looks like it wants to play nice again but alas I know better than to put that brat back into rotation cuz with my luck it will quit again when Im out somewhere or such.....

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
humm I havent had any of the spinners but have been through my share of ego twists and if I had to guess it could be that the battery cell inside the tube shifted inside the tube at some point and slightly disconnected on of the wires to the circuit board. They are really tiny wires and sometimes it dosent take much to damage the solder connection. Ive got a twist on the shelf right now that I gave up on untill I get a soldering station set back up because it was acting in a similar wonky manor - sometimes it would blink on the charger, sometimes it would blink when something was screwed on to it like it was shorted out, sometimes it just refused to work at all. Often time several sharp taps on the table would bring it back to life for a while but eventually it bacame mostly unresponsive. It never had juice in it for sure as I only used vivi novas on it and none of them have ever leaked or otherwise even had juice on the connector.
Adrena would be right I think that juice in there could cause similar malfunctions so the rice trick might help but it could possibly take longer than just a couple of days.
I imagine the spinner is built like a twist so when you are at the point of chucking it in the bin you might see if you cantake it apart and work on it or perhaps someone near you can help if you are not that mechanically inclined. On the twist the head end is just pressed into the metal tube and can be worked out but you must be careful to do it gently or when it comes out you risk ripping the rest of the wires off (dont ask how I know :facepalm:). Heh I just got the twist in question back down off the shelf and low and behold it looks like it wants to play nice again but alas I know better than to put that brat back into rotation cuz with my luck it will quit again when Im out somewhere or such.....

the spinner works the same way. the switch is press fitted into the body.
you can gently separate the head from the body with a device that screws onto the ego threads, like a cone, clearo, or emdcc. rock it out very very gently. wipe up any juice, align the button if it has become dislodged, check for any snapped wires, etc. there is a good chence it can be salvaged.
also, no one has mentioned this yet and im sure the OP has done this, but just in case...make sure to charge the spinner for 3+ hours. this is on the fast charger. if youve got the slow charger, youre looking at a hefty charge time. it might be as simple as that. the blinking light is the signal of the start of the charge cycle. if the batt is not wet inside, its just in need of a charge IMO. thats the way the story sounds from the info given by the OP.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
It is our collaborative opinion the batt you received was not a dud, juice in the batt is a common user error.
The fact remains you are past the posted warranty. We are here to help so keep in mind you catch more fly with honey than vinegar. :2c:

Try the rice then come back and tell us How it went. ;)

UPDATE OF AWESOMENESS!!
It works perfectly again! Thanks for the help and suggestions Adrena! <3 Got my favorite battery working again!

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
UPDATE OF AWESOMENESS!!
It works perfectly again! Thanks for the help and suggestions Adrena! <3 Got my favorite battery working again!

This makes me so proud! Never give up :wub:
It's wasn't A 100% guarantee and takes some time but I'm glad it works out for you.

That's great to hear!
What did the trick?
In short a bag for rice removed juice that was flooding the batt preventing it from working....

Last edited:

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
OK I SPOKE TOO SOON! I got another good couple of days where it worked perfectly, but it is now doing the same exact thing. Not firing anything I connect to it, blinking constantly when I plug it into my eGo charger. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I put it back in the rice in hopes that works again, but could I be missing an O ring or something that prevents e-juice from getting inside?

On another note, I have a Riva-T VV 1100 mah battery that is barely vaping anything correctly. I get very little vapor, and the body of the battery gets hot when I hold the button in for a while. Any ideas on this? I'm having the worst luck with eGo style batteries but I love the style, especially with a Vivi Nova. Should I give up on eGo batteries and get a mod? If so which one? If not, what is the "best" biggest eGo style battery? PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: Everything I connect to either Spinner or Riva works perfectly fine on a 510 battery, just won't work on my eGos. I'm going nuts!

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
OK I SPOKE TOO SOON! I got another good couple of days where it worked perfectly, but it is now doing the same exact thing. Not firing anything I connect to it, blinking constantly when I plug it into my eGo charger. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I put it back in the rice in hopes that works again, but could I be missing an O ring or something that prevents e-juice from getting inside?

On another note, I have a Riva-T VV 1100 mah battery that is barely vaping anything correctly. I get very little vapor, and the body of the battery gets hot when I hold the button in for a while. Any ideas on this? I'm having the worst luck with eGo style batteries but I love the style, especially with a Vivi Nova. Should I give up on eGo batteries and get a mod? If so which one? If not, what is the "best" biggest eGo style battery? PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: Everything I connect to either Spinner or Riva works perfectly fine on a 510 battery, just won't work on my eGos. I'm going nuts!
I dunno much of anything about your troubles there honey. If you want a SMALL sized ego-kinda-sized mod try a Robust. That's about kinda the size of an ego battery. They take a 14500 battery. But if you want 'super duper long-life' battery wise, then go for a larger mod. Being able to take out and change the battery is a GOOD thing in my opinion vs an ego type battery ya gotta plug in to charge :unsure: But, I'm just a monkey so what do I know ? :D

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I dunno much of anything about your troubles there honey. If you want a SMALL sized ego-kinda-sized mod try a Robust. That's about kinda the size of an ego battery. They take a 14500 battery. But if you want 'super duper long-life' battery wise, then go for a larger mod. Being able to take out and change the battery is a GOOD thing in my opinion vs an ego type battery ya gotta plug in to charge :unsure: But, I'm just a monkey so what do I know ? :D

You is a monkey what knows a lot!!!!! :wub:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
On another note, I have a Riva-T VV 1100 mah battery that is barely vaping anything correctly. I get very little vapor, and the body of the battery gets hot when I hold the button in for a while. Any ideas on this?

I am no expert, and these are just my thoughts, but if that battery is getting hot when you use it I would toss it IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread