Status
Not open for further replies.

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
The problem with the spinner is as Adrena said...juice has gotten inside the tube from your vivi... I would pull the top (ego thread part) out of tube, I use a ce4 threaded on it to rock it back n forth till it comes out...then i would hang it upside down so juice can flow out or dry up.. it is shorting your battery out which is why it is flashing..

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
OK I SPOKE TOO SOON! I got another good couple of days where it worked perfectly, but it is now doing the same exact thing. Not firing anything I connect to it, blinking constantly when I plug it into my eGo charger. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I put it back in the rice in hopes that works again, but could I be missing an O ring or something that prevents e-juice from getting inside?

On another note, I have a Riva-T VV 1100 mah battery that is barely vaping anything correctly. I get very little vapor, and the body of the battery gets hot when I hold the button in for a while. Any ideas on this? I'm having the worst luck with eGo style batteries but I love the style, especially with a Vivi Nova. Should I give up on eGo batteries and get a mod? If so which one? If not, what is the "best" biggest eGo style battery? PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: Everything I connect to either Spinner or Riva works perfectly fine on a 510 battery, just won't work on my eGos. I'm going nuts!

:( Hum tryed a q tip on the contact to the charger? Has juice transferred to there? Riva-T VV that an ego T mod right? Not sure but I can see how juice could get locked in the head part. I vape many a auto ciggie and once juice gets in them vapor becomes weak.

"O ring missing"? I can not guess but if it was you would have Shorted no doubt. Negative and positive would be toughing

"body of the battery gets hot"? again juice or another wire issue but again not owning a Riva I can't say for certain. this I can say vaping a batt you know well to a "hot" state is not safe please don't do it.... That one has to go!

As the monkey said I too recommend the Robust ego sizes vv on par with any larger mod out. And a step up on any EgoT VV (3-4 CLICK).

Assuming all your probs are juice related you need a non leaker. The stardust and the raven have yet to let me down. Both sexy on a robust. May need to blow the stardust out on a tissue after a fill if you fill too fast. But all and all 2 units I trust.

Last edited:

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I am no expert, and these are just my thoughts, but if that battery is getting hot when you use it I would toss it IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.

I'm gonna take it back to my local shop and see what my guy up there says about it. He's usually pretty good about exchanging messed up things for brand new ones cuz all he gotta do is send it back to the manufacturer and either get another one sent to him or get a refund I guess. Only had that Riva battery for less than a month and all I ever used on it was my Vivi Nova STV.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ok, back to the Spinner. She works again after having it sit upside down in a cup of rice. Juice has got to be getting deeper down into the battery shaft and on the wires. Any suggestions to put around the piston small enough so I still get good connection but so that the juice won't get down as far as where it's making it not work?

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Leaking cartos are a major pain and a battery killer. If you aren't up for switching cartos, your best bet is to take it of and dry both sides of the connections out several times per day. You may also want to store the battery in the rice every chance you get. And what I do when I know I have a leaker-store it upside down when not in use. But I'll second or third the recommendation of the Stardust as a solid performing non leaking device.

strifeimmaculate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
You are looking at it from the wrong direction... there is nothing wrong with the battery connection. You need to keep the atty, carto, clearo or tank you are using from leaking in the first place. (... oh, or don't spill juice if that is the problem instead )

I'm no juice spiller. I try to take complete care of my batteries and accessories cuz they got me off smoking 20 cigarettes a day so I treat them with much love and care. Haha! Stuff just decides to stop working on me for some reason, but I guess I'm not the only one who had some problems with their gear.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I'm no juice spiller. I try to take complete care of my batteries and accessories cuz they got me off smoking 20 cigarettes a day so I treat them with much love and care. Haha! Stuff just decides to stop working on me for some reason, but I guess I'm not the only one who had some problems with their gear.

Had to cover that possibility... so don't take it as judgement of any kind.

In this case... you now know why this is happening, it isn't just some reason... something is leaking and it isn't the fault of the battery. We've all had issues with gear from time to time, it's how we learn what to do so that it doesn't happen again. You've already been given the suggestion to check your connection often and dry it if needed. I'll add another... don't leave your atty, carto, clearo or whatever on overnight. I place the ones I have that I like but they still leak a little... in a juice glass.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Had to cover that possibility... so don't take it as judgement of any kind.

In this case... you now know why this is happening, it isn't just some reason... something is leaking and it isn't the fault of the battery. We've all had issues with gear from time to time, it's how we learn what to do so that it doesn't happen again. You've already been given the suggestion to check your connection often and dry it if needed. I'll add another... don't leave your atty, carto, clearo or whatever on overnight. I place the ones I have that I like but they still leak a little... in a juice glass.

Or in a shot glass. To that I will add, attempt to dry it, especially the battery, even when it doesn't look like it needs it.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Or in a shot glass. To that I will add, attempt to dry it, especially the battery, even when it doesn't look like it needs it.

I've got a Texas size shot glass that is perfect for it actually... I just figured more people would recognize the more common type ( which I also use )

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I've got a Texas size shot glass that is perfect for it actually... I just figured more people would recognize the more common type ( which I also use )
Good Gods, Don't ask Zippey which one he uses cuz he's all FLAT out ub vaping supplies and he'll need a shot and he won't have any glasses and den he'll CRY !!! :lol::lol::lol::p

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I'm having the same problem with mine... Like almost exactly. My unit is 3 weeks old, won't take a charge. It seems to be pretty common unfortunately.
I wouldn't say common, but batteries do fail and that applies to ALL batteries and manufacturers.

Both my 1300mah spinners have been working flawlessly for months now.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wouldn't say common, but batteries do fail and that applies to ALL batteries and manufacturers.

Both my 1300mah spinners have been working flawlessly for months now.

I agree. I have 2 1300mAh spinner. Have been using them for well over 6 months and am thrilled with their performance so far. Guess ours must have been made on a good day. I do know we are all at the mercy of poor QC so feel fortunate when I receive a good dependable unit.

I do know that my favorite vender is not stocking spinners anymore because he got a lot of returns from his last shipment. Fortunately the one I got seems to be perfect as was the one my sister received. Would I order another one if I needed to? Yep, I love my spinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread