vision stone 3 / first use / questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Just got my vision stone 3 tank in the mail...

I noticed when i tighten the top cap down all the way that the bare metal wire that runs up alongside the post is twisting under the tension of tightening the topcap... is this normal? Or is there a way to alieviate this?

Also it seems that the 2 grooves in the silicone seal for the wicks seems a little sug, i assume taking fingernail clippers and just slightly widening and lengthening the wick channels would help with wicking, anyone done this?

Right now its tasting a little dry/burnt/off (yes wicks are saturated and did the tilt thing) vaping some bounty hunter at 3.8 v on the provari.. not sure if its a wicking issue or the coil needing broke in ??

Thanks in advance for replies :)

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
Well i confirmed the wicking issue, held it completely upside down for a couple seconds to charge the wicks and wow! Bounty hunter never tasted this good in carto tanks, im getting a buttery almond vanilla taste i never really noticed before!

So now i need to decide if i want to widen the wick channels or just do the upside down charging the wicks all the time...

this only leaves my original question of why the solid bare metal wire gets tension and twists when i tighten on the top cap, the silicone wick seal is grabbing the centerpost at the last little bit of tightening the topcap down, and twisting everything inside with tension.

These things are a little finicky but the vapor is amazing and alot cleaner of a hit that gives out all those subtle flavors!

ambeck22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Good luck to you, wish I could help. I, personally, don't like the V3 and gave mine to my boyfriend; the throat hit was too much for me and I kept getting burnt/dry hits even after turning it upside down for longer than should be needed. He seems to think it tastes fine, but he always says my juice tastes burnt to him, so who knows?? I had too much trouble with it overall.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
i think my problem is my post and ceramic cup are too high up, when i tighten the top cap down it sandwiches the silicone seal down - smashing it against the ceramic cup causing the post to twist and the wicks to get cutoff of juice flow. It doesnt leak but that says nothing when it doesnt wick juice. not sure if the metal post can be lowered to fix this?

I can lossen the bottom and top cap a bit and juice flow is improved but then am worried about leaking from the cap threads.

Best tasting vape yet when it works, just a shame these havent been perfected yet =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread