Vision Vivi Nova 3.5ml V3 Tank Adaptation (Mod) for using a Glass Tube Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy11

Apr 18, 2012
Australia
Haven't been here in a while, any developments?

The Metal tanks I've seen are not Painted, but are Anodized Aluminum, which should be safe to use, though I'd still like (prefer) one that has not been anodized a color!!!

Well, mine is black, so I assume it is painted, or something like that. It does seem to be holding up though, over the last few months.
But I still constantly run the tank dry coz I can't get used to how quickly the ViVi Nova eats juice, seems arbitrary as well, I don't know where it all goes! :D It's like it disappears sometimes.

I like the glass over metal idea, I wonder if I could send the tube off to a glass blower to have it done, I'm gonna have a look around this week to see if I can find anyone who can do it. Might have to see if it's possible to also shave down the outside to make it thinner, so that the glass is flush with the rest of it.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned as I can't remember the thread correctly, but what about "clear aluminium" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride ?

Or even http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_ceramics since it can be made thin as well.

Would be expensive, but worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Innocuous

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Washington (the desert)
Well, since they already machine tops & bottoms, just:
1) run-off adaptors for top & bottom-plates - they thread around existing plates.
2) Pick a wider/fatter tank...
A) Thread bottom adapter to old Nova base..
B) Pop the tank down over it until o-rings secure it..
C) Pop the top adapter in..
D) Fill
E) screw down old nova top into adaptor..

Vape.

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
Might not neet do run adapters. Take a metal tank, cut above threaded section a few mm. Groove this so ypu have a place to put one or two o-rings. Glass/pyrex can be made to any size you need. I think it would look like a DiD clone with the pyrex tank. Might want beveled edges on the tank so ot looks more streamlined? Starting to sound like that Depth-charge atty, looks wise.

Sent from the 804

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread