Not open for further replies.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa

Hi Thrasher,

I did a Google Search for Vision Vivi Nova +"made in" and from what if I've been able to find so far, the Vision Vivi Nova is made in China. So that's apparently why I could find anything like it on ThomasNet. The only company that actually looked like it might be Vision only had what they called a VN2 listed - no V3, so I figured they were a Copy Cat site. Most everything else had to do with alibaba this or that.

I'm going to try contacting an E-Cig Distributor about contacting Vision.

Thanks for your effort, :thumb:

100%VG

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
After browsing thru your thread and catching the main parts, couldn't Simeon use Pyrex? Thick walled, and milled slightly to have a threaded insert top and bottom? After the Pyrex is shaved top and bottom, they could heat the Pyrex and chill the inserts and press them together. Dunno, it makes sense in my head.
Sent from my {920} using Board Express

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
After browsing thru your thread and catching the main parts, couldn't Simeon use Pyrex? Thick walled, and milled slightly to have a threaded insert top and bottom? After the Pyrex is shaved top and bottom, they could heat the Pyrex and chill the inserts and press them together. Dunno, it makes sense in my head.
Sent from my {920} using Board Express

Hello bzmotoninja83,

I don't know who Simeon is, but I have contacted OCD at IBTanked about just that, and other possibilities for a design. He said that, considering how inexpensive the Vivi Nova is, he doesn't think he could create a configuration for this Tank System at an affordable price. Yes, I know, too bad, but he had been considering it before I wrote to him, so I wasn't presenting him with a fresh idea. He apologized profusely, and wished me well.

I just wrote to GotVapes asking for a way to contact Vision so I can submit the design concept to them directly. I got a reply within minutes, and was told he would pass my message along to someone apparently higher up that ladder.

I appreciate your thoughts,

100%VG

NYC Kid 223

Jan 8, 2013
Western NC
no worries confusing me with a trucker, 100% VG... and the trekkie references cracked me up.

The more I look into DIY, the more I want to give it a shot, but will need to do a lot more research first. Been getting a bit of a headache from chain vaping, so I'm chewing Big Red instead. I really love the cinnamon red hots, so will hafta make or order it in a 0 and 6% mg nic... I'll be taking my real estate exam in Charlotte soon, so I might be making another trip to MFS when I go.

I don't have the network in NC like I did in NYC to pick a metal machinist's brain about fabrication, but the theory sounds good so far. Hopefully the fellas at GotVapes will have some luck getting you a contact that you can engage, Mr. Data!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hi! You might want to drop a line to OCD, the owner of IBTanked to compare notes. He was looking into making a glass tank for the vivi nova.

Hi TO,

Please check your Private Messages. I sent you a note. I received a PM from someone about another thread of mine and came across it by accident while adjusting my settings. I did not have my profile set for PM notifications, not knowing what it was initially, but have since turned that On. If yours is not set, you would never know you got one. If you have already seen my note and have chosen not to respond, then I'd understand, but I wanted to draw your attention to it, just in case.

100%VG

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I am another right-brained one who doesn't understand all the workings but I would love a glass tank on the nova and would buy one in a heartbeat. Would like to see at least 4.5ml capacity.

Hi klynnn,

Sorry I'm so long in replying. Thanks for the comment about the Vivi Nova Glass Tube design. It's gotten a lot of comments. I'm working with GotVapes to try to get it to Vision. I haven't heard back from GotVapes yet, but I've read that they are working exclusively with Vision. I think I found the Vision web site, but I'm waiting to see what they say. A capacity of 4.5ml would be no problem if they'd increase the Base Diameter to something approaching the 18650 Mod size, and it would still be much shorter than any Genesis-style Tank at double the AGA-T's Capacity. I really hope it gets picked up.

Have a great day,

100%VG

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Thank you 100%VG for starting this thread. I like the Vivi Nova; the vape, and the ease of rebuild.
The biggest down fall of the Viva Nova is it's completely UGLY! lol

Hey Strangebrew,
Cool Avatar Picture. Whatcha got brewing today? :p Anything "special" in those E-Liquid Brews of yours? :toast:

Thanks for the Thanks! I like pretty much everything about the Vivi Nova - even the looks. I just wish it had a greater capacity. What Tank have you found that you like the looks of? The only thing I'm not really crazy about is the knurled finger-grip edging. That was the hardest thing for me to accept about it before buying one, but I understand why they're there. And being as small as it is, they're pretty much necessary - on the Bottom at least, and they could even be taller. I've accidentally unscrewed it and spilled Juice. A wider grip would help to prevent this - while making it even more UGLY!!!

I'd love to see it in a 22mm diameter, and a little taller, giving us 4ml to 6ml of true capacity, and with a Glass Tube. Can you imagine a 6ml Tank that's shorter than a Genesis AGA-T?!!! This could be the way to do it.

I was able to reach GotVapes about the design, and it's going to be looked at by Daniel there, who may ultimately get it to Vision. This is getting exciting! I'll share the news as I get it.

100%VG

tommy11

Apr 18, 2012
Australia
This is a really fantastic design. They only way I could think of off hand was to take the positives of metal (won't melt, erode etc) and just add a glass "meter" on the side to see where the juice is at.

But this is really good.

I don't know which way would be cheaper though.

I just finished vaping a new flavour and I saw it has completely melted the plastic, which prompted me to look for glass tubes.
I'm very surprised there aren't any yet, vaping plastic molecules can't be very good.
Luckily I bought a metal tube for it when I got it, suspecting this may happen, but it is still painted metal and I don't know how well the paint will withstand this juice.

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
I would attempt it but im down to my last nova ( donations to new vapers) and, ive never worked with pyrex and, i dont have any machining tools. this "ands" go on and on. lol. I hope something gets jumping with this. I might just have to get myself a metal tank and a purex tube that would fit on the outside after cutting the threaded section. another less desireable idea would be, get a metal tank and " notch" the threaded section after youve cut the part you wont be using. O-rings and, slip a pyrex tank on teh outside. Ugly as a monkeys but, but functional to say the least......

If you do decide to go the press-fit route, If heated, the pyrex would be slightly loose and then press in the inner threaded part. let it cool befor use of course. LOL

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hey y'all,

Sorry, I just now noticed your posts. :oops: Oops. My bad!!! I've been crazy busy with another project for the past week.

Fitting a Glass Tube over a Metal Tank sounds like a good way to go about it, until this thing gets picked up (if it ever does).

The Metal Tanks I've seen are not Painted, but are Anodized Aluminum, which should be safe to use, though I'd still like (prefer) one that has not been anodized a color!!! You could cut the view slots pretty big with a Dremel Tool, just not Up and Down too much. The biggest problem would be getting the Glass to Seal around the Metal well enough to stop Leaks (but you know that)... maybe with O-Rings. :)

I'm really hopeful that this thing will get going soon, because the whole idea behind it was to have a 100% Clear Tank, and not have to look through slots, and be immune to any problems caused by Flavorings. Good Luck to All of us on this one!!! I love my Vivi Nova. Even if it's not done the way I have specified, I was hoping it would inspire something along these lines.

Feel free to PM me. Maybe I can help you work something out.

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Just another thought...

I'm not actively looking to do it this way just yet, but to find a Glass Tube that may work this way, you might try contacting IBTanked, or any of the other Glass Tube people, to see if they have something that would accommodate this fit-over-a-metal-tank build. You can send a PM to OCD at IBTanked via ECF.

And, I also know that Glass Tubing can be purchased in Lengths that you could cut-to-fit yourself. If you wanted to get into it, after you figure out the correct Inside Diameter size to buy, there are several ways to Cut the glass tube... and you can find Videos on YouTube. I found a few in a YouTube search for cut pyrex tube. You'd just have to smooth the Cut Edges, but there may be Videos for that as well.

Good Luck!!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread