Visual Difference Between Regular and Premium Carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Perhaps this has been asked before, but I'm wondering: Is there is any way to tell a premium V4L cart from a "non-premium" or regular cart? I've ordered the same flavors more than once, and I know I've ordered both premium and non-premium versions of the same flavors. I'd like to determine if I truly prefer the premiums, but I'm not sure how to tell if the cart I'm currently using is a premium or a regular version.

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Sherrick

Jeff78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Weatherford, OK
www.ninecollective.com
Well depends on what carts you have actually. If you have soft caps, they are premium. If you have hard caps, the premium ones will be a tad bit taller and they will have a smaller hold in the battery end, at least all of mine do. With the hard capped ones also do not give up the cap on the top without either breaking them or boiling them first to get the cap off.

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
Well depends on what carts you have actually. If you have soft caps, they are premium. If you have hard caps, the premium ones will be a tad bit taller and they will have a smaller hold in the battery end, at least all of mine do. With the hard capped ones also do not give up the cap on the top without either breaking them or boiling them first to get the cap off.
you have to boil the premiums to get the caps off?

bostonwhaler16

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
york pa
from my reg. and prem. i just rec. not visual difference...

easiest way would be take the cap off...

prem. seems have about 75 to 80 percent filter material as compared to about 50 regular...

so prem. filter comes up alot closer to end cap...

prem carts for mine just had one cap.... no cap plus o ring...

prem. carts seem to hold alot more juice which makes sense due to more filter stuff to hold it in there... but i noticed on filling when you do the spinning thing to fill them up its really easy for the juice to end up in the condom....

i am guessing that maybe the increase of filter stuff is one of the reason for better vapor, or smaller holes (not sure about that they loook the same to me) maybe the wick thing might be different (have not looked at that yet)

easiest is the end cap visual and a looking at filter stuff...imo

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
The soft caps are not glued on.
The hard caps are and need to be boiled off.

Both are "premium".

The hard caps are a little longer than the regular [non-premium]. So are the soft-caps, but not long enough to be noticeable through naked-eye inspection.

The hard-caps have a little smaller hole in the battery end than the soft-caps or regular.

The condoms on the hard-caps have tiny nubs for plugs. The battery-side condom on the soft-cap premium has a detached plug. The newer-style non-premium have a larger attached plug, the older-style non-premium have a detached plug.

Both hard-cap and soft-cap premium have a thinner gauge of silicon condom.

Neither the hard-cap nor the soft-cap premium have a silicon o-ring internally - all regular [non-premium] do have the internal o-ring.

The hard-cap premium is glued on, the regular [non-premium] hard cap is not glued on. The soft-cap premium is very obviously a soft silicon instead of a hard plastic. Just pressing on it tells you instantly what it is. It's also nearly twice as thick as the hard caps for hard-cap premium or hard-cap regular. There is no soft-cap regular [non-premium]

So the instant method of telling them apart is to just gently try removing the cap.

wolf10851

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Sacramento Ca
www.norcalcivic.org
actually there is an easy way to tell. take a premium and stand it on end. take a regular and stand it on end. the premium will stand a little taller that the regular. EASY! the premium is about 2 or 3 mm longer than the older ones. Leaford said this in another post and I got my premium dr pepper carts last week and they stand taller than the older doc pepper not to mention with my DP flavor at least they changed the color of the cart from Platinum to white

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
There is one quick-and-easy way to tell the premium cartos from the regulars...

Look at the condom on the battery end. If it's pushed all the way on, the bottom will be flat, or nearly so. The hard cap premos only have a little nub in the condom, so they will look totally flat. The soft cap premos have a smaller (than the regulars) separate .... plug, so they will look mostly, if not completely flat.

All of the regular cartos, whether they have a separate or built-in .... plug, will appear decidedly rounded when the condom is pushed down tight.

Last edited:

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Look at you trying to all get on my good side and un-ignore me! :p

Seriously, though - I'll add photos and measurements to it tomorrow. Someone remind me.

I have exemplars of just about every premium flavor in both types of premium carto...

Looks like some little sh* "permanently borrowed" my good micrometer at SciOly. Photos will be waiting on me acquiring another decent one. Grrrr.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Thank you all for your helpful insights. I was wondering what the different ....-plug meant on some of my carts. Didn't know if that was indicative of a Premium cart or only a change in available product at the manufacturing facility. I've yet to determine the difference between the so-called soft and hard caps, so perhaps I only have one kind thus far....:confused:

lonercom

ECF Veteran
you have to boil the premiums to get the caps off?

Sorry, Terrie. Not boil the whole carto, just hold mouthpiece in boiling water for about 10 or 15 seconds to loosen the glue. This appears to have been an error during manufacturing that has since been corrected.

As has been said before, please remember to hold the carto in the water with something other than your fingers. Vaping sucks when your hands are burnt.

To OP, keep it simple:
If the cap is soft and easily removed it's a premium; if you kant (shoutout to Maxx) easily remove the cap it's probably glued in there (see above) and it's also a premium.

From what I've read in other threads, as the current hard cap premium stock is depleted, they will be replaced with soft caps.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread