Vivi Mini Nova with Mako

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Just got my mini nova. Doesn't work with my Mako, due to the way the Mako V2 atty connector is shaped. I was slightly worried about that, and now I know. Well, I know a machinist, if it comes to that, and I have a couple hare-brained ideas to try out too. :)

However, there is a v3 end cap for the Mako/Don which is designed to allow the use of eGo XL cartos, which I can order from across the pond at MojuRepublic. Just wondering whether anyone has one of those. The eGo XL carto is 14mm, and the Nova is 15mm, so if the inside diameter of the v3 end cap is snug on that carto, it'll be a no-go for the Nova.

BTW, my reaction so far to the Nova, on an eGo batt, is "Meh". Well I hope to improve on that by winding my own coils, and getting it onto the Mako.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Speaking of hare-brained, this works.

nova_romex.jpg

Yes, that's a chunk of 12 gauge solid copper. Kind of dicey :shock:, but I can come up with something to insulate it from the barrel.

And people think I'm nuts to keep scrap Romex cable around, when I live in an apartment. :p

BTW, that's one of my peeves about those slotted atty connectors. They don't work with the center post on the Mako. I suppose that could be a peeve about the Mako. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread