The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

vivi nova issues

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by JAY73, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JAY73

JAY73 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    well it is not really the nova itself i am using it on a 3.7v box from madvapes a?d i guess the box threads are a little wonkie and the nova would tilt to one side or the othed so i bought a 510-510 adapter and that keeps it from tilting but when i screw it down all the way it will not fire so i back it out a 1/4 turn ind it fires just fine any body else have this problem???

2. OnnaB

OnnaB Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2012
    GA
    No, but I do have the wonky lean every now and then (um...no alcohol was involved...lol)! I read not to tighten it too much...just to where it makes enough contact to fire.

3. The Hill Giant

The Hill Giant Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2012
    Providence
    I've had this issue before, too. I use a lavatube, and what you can do is use a 3.5ml ego cone like this one EGO Stainless Steel 3.5ml DCT Tank Cone

It will hold the Vivi securely while preventing you from threading it all the way down.

It depends on your PV whether it will work or not. On my Ego Twist, the tank cone only makes it look nicer. It doesn't add any support because the cone doesn't actually meet the base of the Vivi.

4. REET_AZ

REET_AZ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2011
    Arizona
    I resolved the tilting by adding a jewelry chain link over the connector right at the base of the vivi. Single wire thickness of coil (had to cut mine in 1/2) I suspect any spacer/washer would work. It has totally solved my tilting issues.

5. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I've been using the 510-501 shorty adapters, and no problems. I use them on most all my mods to save the threads...much easier to change out an adapter than a connector...:)

6. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    Illinois
    For whatever reason, using an adapter seems to mask the terrible thread machining. Really bad quality on an otherwise pretty good product.

7. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    The first order of Vivi Nova's I got in wouldn't mount to any of my ProVari/Mini's. Needed to use an short 510 to 510 to hook up. I think the later versions have corrected this problem. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

8. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    Illinois
    I didn't try the early versions, but the current has pretty poor threads. A shame it is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.