Vladdin RE first use concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I've wanted one of these since they came out, but gave up on pod devices. But there was this great sale...long story short, I now have 2 Vladdin REs. I opened one tonight and filled with my usual 3mg to judge flavor, which seemed a bit underwhelming. But more concerning are two other issues -
1) It seems to get really warm in my hand. Not hot or anything, but I've not experienced this any other pod device.
2) It makes a strange whistling sound when you draw on it. I even reseated all parts to make sure there was no trapped air or anything. It sounds like a very muted tea kettle. Which makes it hard to keep this thing stealthy.
Has anyone else encountered this and if so, did it go away? Because I bought another as a back up that arrived today as well and have 2 packs of pods on the way. I've read and watched so many great reviews and I've never heard of this.
Thanks!

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
I don't have an RE, but the smaller Eden which uses the same pods; I only use 50/50 nic salts in it and it works fine. I suspect most of these lower powered pod systems struggle with certain juices.

I've tried a few thicker liquids in both my Caliburn and Zero and some just don't wick well at all. I use nic salts in most of these devices now, except some freebase in the Caliburn as long as it's not too thick.

• Useful
Reactions: Pod_Vaper

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Turns out that it just needed a longer break in period than I thought. Second fill of the same pod and it went perfectly. This is the most flavor I've EVER gotten from a pod device. Just wish the headlight on it wasn't on high beam. LOL
Thanks for the follow-up. Though 50/50 is recommended for optimal performance, it's good to know that thicker stuff can work in a pinch.

Reactions: Pod_Vaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread