hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m back again for another review. It’s been a little while since I have done one so I hope this goes well. I was sent the VLADDIN RE refillable pod system by Vladdinvapor_Alisa who is a brand manager for Vladdin. I received the unit on April 30th so I feel like I have used it enough to give a fair review. So let’s get started with what is included.

What’s in the box:

• One Vladdin device

• One Vladdin RE Replacement Pod

• One Warning Card

• One User Manual

• One USB Charging Cable

upload_2019-5-27_11-35-32.jpg

Specifications:
    • All In One System
      • Draw Activated Firing

• 12W Maximum Output

• 3.5V Output Voltage
    • Refillable Vladdin Ceramic Pods
      • 1.5ml e-liquid Capacity

• 1.2 to 1.5 ohm Atomizer Range

• Proprietary Top Fill Pods

• Silicone Stopper
    • Plug and Play Connection
      • Gold Plated Connection

• Pod Acts as Tip
    • 350mAh Battery Capacity
      • Micro USB Charging
        • 0.2 to 0.4V Charging Current
      • LED Light Indicator on device

• Dimensions: 19.04mm by 11.4mm by 90.32mm

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The Vladdin RE is a very lightweight unit that is draw activated. It’s light enough to hold with your teeth like some might have done when they smoked. I found the draw activation to be very responsive and didn’t have an issues with activating the unit. The draw on this is a mouth to lung draw like you would expect from a small pod system like this. I kept it in my shirt pocket at work several times and never had the unit fire by itself like I have seen some draw activated units do in the past.

I feel like the pods are fairly well designed and easy to fill. I like how the pods are clear and you can see the liquid while you are filling it. Some other pod devices that I’ve used are tinted and I have to hold the pods up to a light while filling. The pods contain a ceramic coil which I would have thought would produce good flavor. This is where things went south for me. I am aware that the manufacturer recommends these for salt nicotine solutions. I tried four different pods. One I tried with salt nicotine and got less than average flavor from. I tried three others with 70/30 VG/PG and 60/40 VG/PG liquids that I mix myself and have used for some time in regular tanks. I got the best flavor(which still wasn’t very good) from a graham cracker custard that was mixed at 70/30 VG/PG. I never had any dry hits. I just never got very good flavor from any of the four that I tried. I was informed by the Vladdin representative that the coils in the pods are pre-soaked with pg/vg and that the first 3-5 puffs would be flavorless. I took way more than 3-5 puffs from all four pods I tried. They also said that they recommend a 50/50 VG/PG nic salt solution for their pods. The replacement pods come in a four pack sealed in a foil and plastic container. I found the pods easy to fill and did not notice any type of leaking. The mouthpiece is comfortable to use. I do like how the pods are a top fill under the removable tip so that takes away the worry of leaking into the battery unit.

The battery unit does have low voltage and short circuit protection. I was surprised that a unit this small had a 350mah battery. I felt that it lasted well for the occasional puff during the work day. I didn’t try chain vaping it to see how long it would last. I just don’t feel like this is the type of unit for that. I like that it has an indicator light on it so that you can see when the battery is activated. The battery output is 3.5v with a 12 watt maximum which is a good fit for the 1.2-1.5 ohm range of the coils in the pods for this unit.

Pros:

Good vapor production

Lightweight

Ease of use

Indicator light for activation

Cons:

Less than desirable flavor production

Final Thoughts:

I found the Vladdin RE to be a very user friendly pod system that would be good for any beginner or experienced user that wants a pocket friendly pod device. The battery lasts a reasonable amount of time and in the 3+ weeks I’ve had the unit, I haven’t had a pod die on me although I have used four of them and have only given them occasional use with no chain vaping. Where this one falls apart for me personally is in the flavor department. I would rate the flavor that I experienced as less than good and would probably rate it at about a 5 out of 10. I got the best flavor from a standard nicotine solution. I never got a dry hit but never got the flavor I was looking for from the ceramic coils. To be fair though, this was designed as a nic salt device. I would personally recommend doubling the flavor concentration if you mix your own liquids like I do. The nic salt solution I did try in one of the pods was a commercial made salt liquid that came with another pod device that I purchased. I have half a dozen or so different pod devices and this one does seem to deliver more vapor production than the other ones I have that are similar in size but in my opinion doesn’t deliver in the flavor department. So if you want a small easy to use pod device that seems to be pocket friendly and you aren't too concerned about flavor production or you mix your own and can compensate for the loss in flavor then this might be a good little pod device for you.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I find that after I change the pod, the flavor takes a while to reappear. By the time I'm ready to refill it's at full strength and delicious. 50/50 salt nic 50mg recommended.

Thanks for commenting. I’m eager to hear what others think of this device.

Reactions: stols001

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I never got what I would consider full flavor. I wonder why. The salt I used was made by Salty Man.
    Weird! The first juice I tried in mine was "Iced Pink Punch Lemonade by Twist SALT" and it knocked my socks off. It was the first time a vape ever tasted great to me, far and away better than anything I'd ever gotten from one of my tanks. Crystal clear pure flavor so delicious I finally understood why everybody loves to talk about taste.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread