Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
^^ What he said.
You can not turn the Vmax down low enough for a Nova.
Good to know that Vmax is going to redo their chip set.

It's been redone already and the default is 3 instead of 5 volts.

Even with the PWM throttled it's still pretty crazy and will only allow the likes of the Nova to be used between 3 and 3.2 before bad things happen.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
It's been redone already and the default is 3 instead of 5 volts.

Even with the PWM throttled it's still pretty crazy and will only allow the likes of the Nova to be used between 3 and 3.2 before bad things happen.

That being said , and true , by the way . The good news is that the Vivi Novas work great at 3.2 volts .

eeijas

May 16, 2012
Malaysia
Thnx guys :D So at least Renzuli says Vivi Nova works great at 3.2V on the VMAX. Most say it wont hmm.

I actually decided to go for Ovale V8 instead of Vmax. It's to replace my old Lavatube with a dysfunctional fire button (after 6 months of usage).
Don't know if I should just forget about this Vivi Nova when the V8 arrives next week :unsure:

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    beware that the vivi nova has very very tight draw...

Mine doesn't have a tight draw at all.
    The main difference (besides form factor) with the Vision products, like the Nova and stardust, is how they manage the air flow, and what works perfect on one PV may or may not work at all on another. So with all the Vision products it isn't a matter of them having a tight or airy draw, it's how their connection matches up with the PV they are used on. The good news is that a shorty extension resolves all draw problems that exist below it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread