VMOD questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximaseefu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
I have a VMOD 2.0 coming my way and want to know if there is any battery options for 4-5V vaping?
I ordered the IFR 14250 from innovapor which will give me 6V's but I have never really like vaping above 5V. I never really use any devices at 3.7V so options would be nice.
Also, I am wondering if I should try a different atty. I haven't used an atty in years as I enjoy my boge cartos but am curious about the 306's that I have seen. I assume that I can use the vmod just as any other device with a carto in a pinch. This will be my first bottom feeder mod and I hope that I will like it. Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
got my IFR 14250 in today and 6 volt hit's like a train. any suggestions on a higher ohm atty to use with 6V??

3.5 or 4.0 ohm. 3.5 ohm will be a bit above 10 watts. 4 ohm will be about 9 watts. Avid Vaper is the home of the Cisco Spec attys. They sell both 3.5 and 4.0 ohm 510 attys.

Those 14250s aren't going to provide great battery life. If you decide 6.0v is for you, you'll either want to get a few more pairs of 14250s or a bigger mod that can handle bigger 3.0v batts. Read the warnings on ECF and proceed accordingly. (I'm not afraid of stacked batts, but lots of people are these days after a couple of high profile injury accidents related to stacked 16340s). Just be aware of the possibilities, anyway.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
got my IFR 14250 in today and 6 volt hit's like a train. any suggestions on a higher ohm atty to use with 6V??

Max, I also have the 14250's for a 3.7v APV I have and tried the 6v vaping for a minute. I was using a 3.0ohm 306 from Avid Vapor and it was a pretty warm vape for sure. I would suggest maybe the 3.5ohm for a little cooler vape. As far as how long the batteries lasted under vaping, I got on average of about 3-4 hrs.... I vape on average of about 4ml or so per day so I would say moderate..... If you vape more you might want to invest in 3-4 sets of batteries and keep them in rotation throughout the day....

Atomizers - Cisco Spec 3.5ohm High Resistance Atomizers - Avid Vaper

maximaseefu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
yeah, I ordered 3 pairs so I am going to carry a battery case with 2 extra sets with me. I actually popped in a AW 14500 IMR and took it to work today with an XL Boge LR carto and was pleasantly surprised at how satisfying the vape is. I am gonna order a few of the cisco attys to use with 6V. thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread