Vmod xl atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Will these attys work in the vmod xl? Sorry, I am new to feeders.

1.5ohm 510 Atomizer | Joye 510 | JoyeTech | Gentlemen's Reserve
Also, is there a carto that would be good for the vmod as well at the same site? I'm in Canada and my bank doesn't have interac e transfer so I am limited to CC sites. Any reccomended atty or carto?

Why does vapage send out these units with 2-2.2 ohm gear? It's pretty much useless at that resistance at 3.7v. I can't even tell when I have it working right. I either get dry hits or flood it. Very rarely anything in between. Having a lot of trouble getting this unit to work right but again, when it is working there is hardly any hit anyway so it's hard to tell.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I know what you mean about the 2-2.2ohm stuff they send out with the kits. I think they do that because too many people don't actually prefer the warmer vape. They should give you the option though. Anyway, here is a link to a Canadian vendor and the atty of choice I have preferred for well over a year now. I have been vaping Cisco spec LR 306's and nothing out there seems to satisfy me the way they do. I have tried a lot of other atty's that people seem to rave about but I always find myself back to the Cisco spec LR306's.... You will also need the XL drip tip for use with the VMod XL. Hope this helps out....

Canadian electronic cigarette Happy/Cicco low resistance 306 atomizer (atomiser) - Black, Silver
Canadian electronic cigarette Delrin, 306, XL, Contoured, Drip Tips!

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
I mostly use atties in mine, but have also tried the smoktech shortie cartos. Just about any carto or attie will work as long as it is not sealed at the bottom. Maybe ask around the Canadian forum for suppliers of 1.5 - 1.8 ohm atties and cartos.

Also, I am one who does not like the heat or TH in a LR attie. 2 ohms is sometimes too low for my tastes......It's all subjective!

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I used 2ohm and 1.5ohm DC cartos on my VmodXL. It helped to keep from having to feed every 3 puffs. One carto lasts me about a week this way. At $2/ carto I'm still ahead of smoking prices.

I've moved on to another device, but still appreciate the VmodXL and its simple, efficient, functional design.

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok thanks for the replies. I have ordered some of the joye 1.5s for now simply because I needed some nic juice as well and didn't want to make two separate orders right now. I will definitely try the cisco's though my next HV order.
I gotta say though, I was truly disappointed with the vmod. Hoping the atty helps. Part of the problem was the feed though. I'd sqounk once, burnt, squonk again, still burnt, squonk third time, flooded. I just can't get it.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok. So ive been playing around with this thing some more. A LOT actually. My throat is sore from dry burnt hits. I cannot for the life of me get the supplied atty to work. The carto works though. Should i not be able to easily squeeze the bottle and have liquid freely flow into the atty? When i go to squeeze the bottle it pretty much seems sealed. It just springs back with no feeling that anything flowed unless i squeeze it hard. Then i end up flooded. What am i doing wrong? Ive watched several vids and it all seems to work for the carto but the atty blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread