Vmod XL plastic breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maptec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Indiana
Yesterday I picked up my Vmod and noticed black pieces left on my desk. When I looked at the bottom of the vmod the lip that holds the case on is breaking off. I have never dropped the unit itself and it only ever goes out in my pocket. Every time I pick it up there is another small piece left on the desk. Is this a design flaw? Could I have done something to cause this? Has anyone else ran across this?

WP_000342.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Mine did the same thing. When I first got it I delivered freight for a living. I had it in my shirt pocket and as I was picking something up to load onto my truck it was putting too much pressure on the APV. When I took it out to take a vape, I noticed the break with my finger. I got all freaked out about it, but it is no big deal. Just take a file of any kind and smooth out the two rough edges where the break occurred. This will keep it from chipping further.

You could always contact Vapage and see if they will replace it. I just never saw it as a big deal and since it was my fault, never contacted them. It hasn't chipped anymore since I filed the rough edges down. I just try to be more aware of where it is at when I am doing things. This is not very difficult since it is usually in my hand most of the time.....

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
and damned near unattainable! i was at one point actually going to buy a reo, but i waited MONTHS for re-stock, and all the appealing styles were sold out within a few days.
my vmod is doing that as well, although not as much. there was a recent-ish post in the "who thinks the vmod xl is the best bottom feeder ever" thread, where a user took his vmod to a machinist to be reinforced at the bottom. i'm considering seeing if there is a similar service available near me to get a cost estimate.
here is the link to the page in the thread i'm talking about, although on my browser the pictures are no longer displaying?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread