The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Volcano Inferno - Very displeased

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by MarcoSilva, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Hi all,

I've received my Inferno 3 days ago, and it's been giving problems since day 1...It's ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, getting e-juice on the drip tip, and I end up ingesting freaking e-juice every few puffs! I'm not covering the entry holes, I've tried swapping coil, nothing works. It's very frustrating because it is not a cheap e-cig! Heck, I had a 20e one that despite being ..... construction quality wise, never even once leaked into the drip. I'm losing tons of e-juice with this issue, and I just can't figure a way to make this work...Anyone here had the same issues? :/

2. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Denver
  3. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    I've watched the video from Inferno, and I'm pretty sure I'm filling it correctly... I'll watch this one regardless when I get home, since now I am at work with a bad connection and limited bandwidth

4. issy

issy Super Member ECF Veteran

Good luck, I'm sorry you are having problems with your set up :( super frustrating.

5. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Indeed it is..Thanks! I'm thinking of sending it back if this doesn't get sorted..

6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    An issue that I see is most new vapers using clearomizers don't understand that vaping is different from smoking. Let me explain.

Clearomizers use tiny silica string to wick juice to the heating coils. If your draw technique is too strong, too much juice gets pulled to the coils. The coils can only vaporize so much juice at once, so what is not vaporized remains in the air chamber. Juice in the mouth, gurgling, or excess juice ending up at the battery connection results.

My advice is to use a gentler, longer draw and not such a heavy one.

7. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    +1 on Baditude's comments.

I got an Inferno set earlier this year (my first step up from cig-alikes) and I was sucking and gurgling juice ALL THE TIME. Read through some of their help articles on Volcano's site - here's one that helped me somewhat: Solution: Atomizer leaks or gurgles. – Knowledge Base

Just like Baditude says, long SLOW draws. Don't try to hit it like a thick milkshake - you'll jank yourself up. I have the BCT tanks for mine - didn't get the Tube Tanks (they looked really confusing at that stage for me....) I hit the button, take a draw, LET GO OF THE BUTTON, and finish up with a very light draw. Gives the vapor just enough time to clear the chimney and not recondense.

Just to add, I have pulled them out of the drawer recently (after having added VV3s and MVP2s to my normal arsenal of devices), and have very little problems with them these days.

8. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    I'll try to go a little softer then,but I'm not really doing it nearly as much as I would with cigs!

9. realsis

realsis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    I wasn't familiar with this device so I Googled it. I came across MANY owners complaining about the very same thing. It seems like it's a known issue. I see that it wasn't cheap and perhaps you can get a refund? For around that price you can get a variable voltage and wattage device which you might like better. By adjusting wattage/voltage with different flavors of juice you can really enhance your vaping expirence. And for about the same cost as the inferno. If you can't resolve your issues I would consider a refund and possibly a variable wattage and voltage device. I hope this helps. Sorry I'm not sure how to fix the issues the inferno has. However if the issues continue, I would consider another device.

10. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Volcano is not very good and expensive.

Volcano make out like they are "top dollar", but actually, it's all cheap, low-end equipment.

..then again... I can only go by UK prices and reviews.

I'm fairly sure they also sponsor this forum, so no doubt my comments will soon be censored. It's about making money, the quality of the product comes far down the food chain.

11. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Marco, sorry - forgot to welcome you :) So, WELCOME!!!!

12. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    A Just For Your Information Tip: Clearomizers were designed for beginner vapers. They were designed to be easy to fill and easy to change their replacement coils. However, their very design is inferior to other juice delivery devices.

I quickly advanced from clearomizers to cartotanks, which are a more advanced tried-and-true juice attachment with better flavor and better more consistant performance. However, they have a slightly higher learning curve than a clearomizer which someone brand new to vaping may not be willing to tackle at first. Are you willing to learn ro use a better juice attachment if it takes a little longer to setup if it gives a better vaping experience?

All juice attachments will have a learning curve, from clearomizers to cartotanks to rebuildable atomizers. The trick is to learn how to make each one work for you for a better vaping experience. Personally, I no longer use clearomizers, still occasionally use cartotanks, but primarily use RBA's where I am making my own coils and wicks. Vaping has become a journey to find what works best for me. Each individual will eventually find their ultimate setup.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

13. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Thank you all for the input.

I'll consider to get a refund,indeed. About RBAs, I'm still not at the point where I want to be making my own stuff, so I'll keep that in mind for later if it comes to that.

I'll look around and see what I can get for this price range that's better!

Thank you all, and thanks for the welcome :)

14. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Forgot to add that if any of you more experienced vapors don't mind spending a few minutes bashing their head in because of my noobiness in this subject, I could be reached via skype! It's a bit hard for me to check on the forum all the time because of the internet connection I have here...
    So, if anyone wants to help me out that way, feel free to PM with your skype or I'll send you mine :)

15. likwidkool

likwidkool Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2014
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    I have on of those tanks. Juice will always pool under the drip tip. On volcanoes site they even explain this was a feature. One thing I found to help reduce it is to inhale a little after letting go of the fire button. Clear all vape in the chamber. I was told that juice could be condensation.

16. MarcoSilva

MarcoSilva Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Aveiro, Portugal
    They told me it could be faulty tanks, so I gave them the go to send me some replacements...Let's cross fingers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.