• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Volition Vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Hello fellow Pennsy vapers. I live in the riverwards section of Philadelphia, Port Richmond to be exact. We don't have any "local" vape shops around here so I've been branching out a bit trying to find a good B&M to check out some stuff in person before blindly ordering online. I also like to support local business as much as possible.
I've been to ecigg out in manayunk which was pretty cool. Was gonna check out Vaporphoxxe but, due to overwhelming negative reviews, decided against that.
Then I found out that Volition Vapor just opened its doors recently and am about to take a ride out there to see what it's all about. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them yet. I understand this is actually their first weekend open, so probably not a lot of foot traffic so far, but wanted to see if anyone got a chance to check them out yet.
Leaving in about 20 minutes, so I'll be sure to update this thread with my experience. Everyone feel free to follow along and add anything you feel could be helpful.
Thanks for reading. Stay vaping, my friends.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Where Exactly Are They? I've Never Heard Of Them...Please Keep Us Updated!

1301 Easton Road Roslyn, PA
Google maps puts it in Warrington, PA. Not too familiar with the area other than I used to work out in Spring House and its going in that general direction. I'll be sure to update this thread when I get back home.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
As long as you stick to the suppliers listed on the main page for ordering online, you won't have anything to worry about.

Understood, but I like the hands on experience of a b&m and would also like the opportunity to sample some juices before making a purchase. I appreciate your recommendation though.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Let me just start off by saying this is a great little shop. It's still in its infancy, so the selection is kinda limited, but what he does have is quality.
I feel kinda bad cuz I don't think I ever got his name... I wanna say it's John, so for the remainder of this post I'll refer to him as such. He and his sister opened the place together on Monday, 9/9 (didn't get her name either) but it was just John and another fella working this evening.
There were three other gentlemen and a lady chilling in the lounge, a leather sofa and recliner with a large flat screen, playing video games and vaping contently. Immediately as you walk in there is a table set up on the right with iSmoka bcc tanks atop ego twists filled with all the juices they currently have in stock. They only carry EVO juice at the moment, but John informed me he plans on dabbling in and selling his own DIY juice in the future (mentioned he's working on a shoofly pie recipe... sounds delicious).
They carry a limited selection of hardware too but, again, all quality. I didn't take inventory cuz I was just so happy to finally get there (more on this later) but I remember seeing magneto mech mods, Sid vv mods, ego twists, kanger pt and minis (currently only v1), iSmoka bcc tanks, some genesis style atty, AW IMR batteries, and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting.
On another tv behind the counter he was streaming vape tv as we sat and talked for a good hour +. John (so sorry if that's not even his name) is good people and knowledgable in all the product he sells. He only sells stuff he has tried and knows isn't junk. He doesn't even carry standard ego batts or cig-a-like styles cuz, as he put it, everyone should start with at least a vv twist (wish I got that advice before my first purchase).
If you plan on checking the place out, and I highly recommend you do if you're within driving distance, do not i repeat DO NOT use google maps to get you there. If you go that route you'll end up way on the other end of Easton road in Horsham. Instead, google directions to the rite aid at 1321 Easton road - they're right next door. I drove around Horsham for damn near and hour and it took me in all kinds of circles. At one point I ended up at a cigar shop, not quite the nicotine delivery I was looking for.
All in all it was a great experience, minus the initial driving adventure. Now that I know where it is, I will definitely be going back there in the near future.

Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
I ended up purchasing an iSmoka bcc with replacement coils (not sure if they're rebuildable yet, haven't opened one up), a pt mini, and some EVO juices: black diamond (rich tobacco with dries fruit and a hint of sweet vanilla), caramel coconut (tastes like the Girl Scout cookie), backwoods blueberry (a sweet combination of candied and fresh blueberries), dark chocolate (like a richer version of those hot chocolate mixes), and limelight (immediately thought how awesome that would be paired with a vodka-tonic).
Unfortunately I have no tonic at home, but did have some peach nectar and roses lime -- that's doing just fine :)

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Wait so is this place in Horsham?! I'll have to check it out if it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No, not in Horsham. It's on the opposite end of Easton road, just beyond willow grove. Apparently the area is called Roslyn; never even heard of til I visited the shop. Drove through the area, but never knew what is was called.
I'm not real familiar with the area, but I worked just above there at J&J at Welsh and McKean. It's in between old welsh/welsh road and township line road (73) if that helps with a rough idea.
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/local/108433506589077709281/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
No, not in Horsham. It's on the opposite end of Easton road, just beyond willow grove. Apparently the area is called Roslyn; never even heard of til I visited the shop. Drove through the area, but never knew what is was called.
I'm not real familiar with the area, but I worked just above there at J&J at Welsh and McKean. It's in between old welsh/welsh road and township line road (73) if that helps with a rough idea.
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/local/108433506589077709281/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

I found it went there today it's basically right die the street from the willow grove mall

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
I found it went there today it's basically right die the street from the willow grove mall

I see from your sig you're vaping on some Vaporphoxxe juice. Is the lady that works there as awful as everyone makes her out to be?
Vape shops in this area are pretty limited so I kinda wanna check it out, but that's a good ride and my hard earned money - not trying to be treated like a POS... my money spends anywhere.

grafftillidie

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2013
I was just in Volition last night. As a matter of fact I was most likely their last customer of the day. Rob was a very nice guy and for only being open going on 5 weeks, they have a very nice setup. We talked equipment as well as the layout of the store and the plans he has for the future there. Was definitely a place I will be returning to. A bit of a haul from Mechanicsburg but fun nonetheless.

grafftillidie

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2013
I see from your sig you're vaping on some Vaporphoxxe juice. Is the lady that works there as awful as everyone makes her out to be?
Vape shops in this area are pretty limited so I kinda wanna check it out, but that's a good ride and my hard earned money - not trying to be treated like a POS... my money spends anywhere.

The person most refer to with negativity I just found out yesterday is the one mixing juices for them. I attempted to go in there on one occasion and was fully blown off. I will gladly take my business elsewhere. As my prior post says, volition is a nice spot, and dependent on your location, liberty vapor in Phoenixville may be a spot to check out. I'm a huge fan of their South Vanilladelphia, been nursing the last of it as I would rather drive up there than order it on their site.

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Yeah she was pretty rude. I came there to try juices and purchase but she basically was like "oh you don't know what you want?" In my head I was like yeah I don't know what I want I never been here before. Then when she giving me juices to try she basically didn't have any conversation more so just give it to me and try to get me out the door as soon as possible. I haven't been back since and have told all my vaping friends to go to Volition a place that's open more and friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread