Volt Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobmckeone

Oct 23, 2013
Nashville
I'm looking to put this Voltmeter in a new mod I'm designing.

DROK Two-wires Digital Voltage Panel Meter Motorcycles Volt Guage 5V/12V 2.50-32V Red LED Voltmeter Battery Tester - Amazon.com

I plan on using this battery
ZIPPY Flightmax 5800mah 1S2P 60C Hardcase Car Lipoly (USA Warehouse)

Or another one like it, and I will be using this charger.

Amazon.com: 5V Mini USB 1A Lithium Battery Charging Board Charger Module: Car Electronics

First Question:

With the volt meter, will the display ALWAYS be on? I don't plan on using it a lot and just want the meter to tell me when to charge my battery.

Second Question:

Will that charger there safely charge a LiPo battery?

Third Question:

Are there any cheaper/more available high Ah LiPo batteries around?

Thank you all so much, it will be my first mod I document on ECF when I'm ready to start.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Last edited:

jacobmckeone

Oct 23, 2013
Nashville

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
So you're saying to add a second switch to my mod for the volt meter? I'd like it to just display while it's firing if that's at all possible.. :)

First I would have to know what you what to read, battery V or Voltage at the atty? Is it a regulated mod? With the switch you get both. Even a meter that lights just when firing gets bothersome, it is pretty bright at night. Just wire the meter wires in line with the 510 connecter after the fire button and it will light and read when fired.

Last edited:

jacobmckeone

Oct 23, 2013
Nashville
First I would have to know what you what to read, battery V or Voltage at the atty? Is it a regulated mod? With the switch you get both. Even a meter that lights just when firing gets bothersome, it is pretty bright at night. Just wire the meter wires in line with the 510 connecter after the fire button and it will light and read when fired.

I'm just looking to read voltage on the battery, so a switch to flip on and off would be cool. I'll probably just wire it in-line with my 510 because it'd be cool to know the load voltage.

jacobmckeone

Oct 23, 2013
Nashville

I'm just looking to read voltage on the battery, so a switch to flip on and off would be cool. I'll probably just wire it in-line with my 510 because it'd be cool to know the load voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread