Voltage underload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaru

Oct 3, 2017
Evening fam. New to the forum. Let's get straight into it. I've been looking on YouTube and Google and alot of the search results say I should be calculating my Voltage in ohms law calculator at 4.2v. 4.2v being the cell at full charge. Then I see posts saying it's more accurate to calculate ohms law at 3.7v as this will be your voltage underload or the true amp draw of your battery. And even if you were getting the 4.2v it will drop to round 3.7 very fast. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
The problem with that is every mod has a different voltage drop. So to be certain it's better if you do a voltage drop test on your mod. Always want to calculate amps drawn with the highest starting voltage rather than the lowest. Calculating with 4.2v gives you a little headroom.

Anaru

Oct 3, 2017
When looking at sag I was referring to battery sag. I was looking over mooch chart on batts discharging at certain amps. And noticed the volts sagging dramatically. As the volts sag in a batt will the amps drop also? Also does anyone have links to show to show example of how your getting 3.5v at your coil. Cos if batts at 4.2 but after v drop of mod etc wouldn't you calculate the v at 3.5 as this is your working voltage?

• Informative
Reactions: VictorViper

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
When looking at sag I was referring to battery sag. I was looking over mooch chart on batts discharging at certain amps. And noticed the volts sagging dramatically. As the volts sag in a batt will the amps drop also? Also does anyone have links to show to show example of how your getting 3.5v at your coil. Cos if batts at 4.2 but after v drop of mod etc wouldn't you calculate the v at 3.5 as this is your working voltage?
Amp is directly affected from volts so as the voltage drops so does the amps. 4.2v is used for headroom. Every mod is made from different materials,designs etc. so voltage drop varies from mod to mod. You will have to check your own setup if you really wanna know how much voltage is going to your coils. If you don't check your setup then just use 4.2v like everyone else.

• Agree
Reactions: MMW and Anaru

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
Also forgot to mention some batteries sag less than others too.

How I vape people here would say is pushing the limits but I don't post my build or ohms nor encourage others to vape how I do. But do your research and be safe. If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage drop too. Even after your research use common sense also if the mod gets warm let it rest, as the voltage drops you'll notice when the voltage gets low vapor production will drop off, don't drain your batteries too low I usually switch them out anywhere from 3.6-3.9 depends when I feel the drop off in vapor and heat.

Anaru

Oct 3, 2017
Get Mooch's blog on your favourites and get ready to dig in. If you're looking at the best batteries from that angle, you want to take a look at his shootouts. Tons and tons of comparative graphs to pore over. Some results can be unexpected.
Thanks bro. Haha how do I follow that. Sory noon with technology. Yea I love his shootouts

Anaru

Oct 3, 2017
Also forgot to mention some batteries sag less than others too.

How I vape people here would say is pushing the limits but I don't post my build or ohms nor encourage others to vape how I do. But do your research and be safe. If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage drop too. Even after your research use common sense also if the mod gets warm let it rest, as the voltage drops you'll notice when the voltage gets low vapor production will drop off, don't drain your batteries too low I usually switch them out anywhere from 3.6-3.9 depends when I feel the drop off in vapor and heat.
Thanks for you help bro. For measuring v drop of setup it's multimeter prongs to positive and negative correct? And to measure working voltage or voltage underload it will be the same but with a coil in the atty ae?

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Thanks for you help bro. For measuring v drop of setup it's multimeter prongs to positive and negative correct? And to measure working voltage or voltage underload it will be the same but with a coil in the atty ae?

You won't find voltage drop without a load to reveal the inherent resistance within the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread