Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    VooPoo Argus Air 900mAh 25w Kit.

The VooPoo Argus Air is a pocket-sized electronic cigarette (Podmod).
    It is made of leather and zinc alloy.
    The Argus Air kit comes with a built-in 900mAh battery and a 0.56-inch OLED screen.

Contains two different cartridges:
    A standard cartridge equipped with a 0.6Ω PnP Head Coil (replaceable with other PnP coils of higher resistive value) and another cartridge with 0.8Ω internal resistance for a cheek vape (MTL).

According to VooPoo, by reversing the insertion side of the cartridge, it is possible to adjust the contrast of the puff as desired.

Argus Air Kit supports power adjustment from 5 watts to 25 watts, to meet different vaping needs.
    The GENE.AI chipset intelligently identifies the resistive value, preventing you from selecting a wattage that is too high and harmful for the longevity of the Coil.

The Argus Air has a double activation system: manual and automatic.

1.JPG

Enjoy the reading.

The front of the package logically depicts the VooPoo Argus Air, the Voopoo branding is placed at the top, the device name at the bottom.
    Against the black background, swirling air currents are visible around the Argus AIR.

The back shows: the content, the warnings, the ShenZhen Woody Vapes Technology Co. LTD address, the Scratch & Check, the bar code, the logos & brands.

2.jpg

On the sides of the box, in the form of an icon, we can see the salient features and the social addresses of the brand.

3.jpg

Inside the box, the kit is arranged in a rational and orderly manner, the case containing the USB cable and the instructions, box has the exploded view of the Argus AIR.
    This white case is like a drawer, it has a very comfortable tab to be opened quickly and effortlessly.

Kit contents:
    - 1 MOD Voopoo Argus Air
    - 1 Pod / 3.8ml cartridge
    - 1 Pod / Standard 3.8ml coil cartridge (not replaceable) 0.8Ω
    - 1 USB Type-C cable
    - 1 Head Coil Voopoo PnP-TM1 0.6Ω range 20W-25W
    - 1 User manual

4.jpg

Features of the VooPoo Argus Air KIT:
    Dimensions: 31.4x95.3x19.3mm
    Weight: 67g
    Battery capacity: 900mAh
    Chip: GENE.AI
    Output power: 5w to 25w
    Output voltage: 3.2v to 4.2v
    Material: leather + zinc alloy
    POD material: PCTG
    Capacity: 3.8ml (standard cartridge); 3.8ml (disposable cartridge)
    Resistance range supported: from 0.6oΩ to 3.0Ω
    Charging: 5V / 2A USB Type-C
    Display: 0.56 inch OLED screen

5.JPG

6.jpg

Available colours:
    Currently seven different color combinations are offered on the VooPoo website for the price of $ 36.99:
    Argus Air-VOOPOO SHOP

7.jpg

How it is made:
    The finished product is presented with very compact dimensions, attractive look, finishes up to the mark, precious materials and smart Gene.AI chipset.

8.JPG

I really like the color (Vintage Brown) of my sample, I find that the leather color is an enveloping and refined shade for the skin, it makes the Mod perfect for any occasion from the most elegant to the most casual.
    The sturdy anodized zinc alloy frame fits perfectly with his style.

The display Oled rests on the soft leather, its lower end like a bridge suspended in the air at a certain point stops and continues up to the base, joining it with beautiful visible stitching.

The "suspended" screen is dark in color (stand-by) and blends well with the dark color of the PCTG pod.
    The characters are well lit, the font is sufficiently enlarged, on the main screen we can find information such as: graphic level of the remaining battery charge, wattage, A (Unlock), indication of the resistive value of the coil, total puff number since the last reset , last Puff length.

9.jpg

The front facade in addition to the oled screen, shows three grooves at the top, the one in the center houses a small Air-flow ø1mm suitable for MTL vaping.
    Below, the white writing "Gene Chip Inside" reminds us of the presence of this popular electronics made in VooPoo.

The fire button is shown on a slightly protruding square base, the central area of the button is concave in shape, this offers exceptional feedback to the fingertips.

On the back, at the top under the pod, the three aforementioned grooves are visible, this time their design is different and is suitable for DL vaping, in fact the two side channels are completely open, they measure 4mm in length and 1mm in width.
    In addition, the central groove houses the exact same hole seen before of ø1mm.
    The C E mark and the disposal logo are shown at the bottom of this side. The frame is screwed to the body by means of two tamper evident flat head screws, with Tri-wing coupling.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    On the side of the hot-branded leather-colored leather the decorations with outlined containing lines stand out (VooPoo and Argus).

11.jpg

The Compartment / Pod houses four circular magnets on the sides, two gold-plated spring-loaded pins and the sensor for activating the automatic puff, placed in a raised anti-leaking position.

The USB Type C port is located on the bottom of the mod, on the side there are the two tamper-proof screws.

12.jpg

The disposable cartridge and the PnP cartridge both contain 3.8ml of liquid, both are transparent and offer great visual control over the liquid level within them. The refil is the same, the tank cap is blue in the disposable cartridge, black in the cartridge with replaceable PnP coils.

Both cartridges adopt a trick; on the side of one of the two vertical walls there is a processing to allow the passage of the air flow to the coil.
    This processing on the disposable cartridge has the shape of a small channel, while on the PnP tank the processing has a square shape, much wider.
    If these worked surfaces are placed in correspondence with the airflow on the front side of the Mod, they offer a more contrasted puff, if they are positioned on the rear side of the mod the puff is more open.

13.jpg

14.JPG

Vaping test:
    The liquid used on both configurations was my trusty Tob Ermes diluted 50/50 with 4mg / ml of booster concentration.

- Standard cartridge (coil not replaceable) 0.8Ω:
    This coil is set by default to 13W by the device and limited by the Chip Gene.AI to a maximum output of 18W.
    So the test started starting from 13W up to 18W.
    * With a full charge cycle I managed to do 299 Puffs at a constant 14W (unbelievable) considering the only 900mAh of the integrated Lithium battery.

Of course the performance increase as the power goes up. However I kept myself on a constant 14W throughout the test, finding a valid balance between performance and battery life.

The type of puff I found is not too contrasted, the position of the small channel on one side or the other varies little the obtainable puff.

But it doesn't matter! The pod is so small that you just need to partialize the air-flows with your fingers, the solution is easier and more natural to do than to describe.
    With this system I find satisfaction and I never get bored with my little Argus Air.

Of course, letting all the air flow, the steam emitted is of a higher quantity and visually satisfying for such a small mod.
    Even with the manual choking of the air-flow, the puff remains fluid, silent and clean.

My Aroma Tob Ermes is pleasant, perhaps the creamy part of this liquid is missing a bit, but the rest is well balanced, even the concentration at 4mg / ml is well noticeable.

- Head Coil VooPoo PnP-TM1 0.6Ω range 20W-25W
    This coil has been revised compared to the previous PnP-VM4 in the multi-layer arrangement of cotton, according to the VooPoo technicians the improvement of the PnP-TM1 would result in a greater aromatic yield, in a lower consumption of liquid and in a greater coil longevity.

* With a full charge cycle at constant 22W I managed to do 207 Puff.

This coil is by default set to 22W and limited by the Gene.AI chip to a maximum output of 25W, so the test started from 20W up to 25W.

Of course the performance as the power goes up increase, however I kept on constant 22W throughout the test, finding a valid balance between performance and battery life.

The type of puff that I have detected in relation to the air-flow, positioning the Cartridge on one side or the other changes a lot!
    The large recess obtained on one of the two walls of the PnP cartridge if it is turned towards the single hole of ø1mm makes the Puff very suffocated, with low vapor production, it could be very interesting for those who like a very narrow DL vape " warm "and quite contrasty.

By turning the cartridge 180 the Puff opens a lot, the steam production increases exponentially resulting in the right temperature.
    The creamy part of my liquid along with all the other notes comes out great.
    With this coil I always vape in the position of maximum air opening, not feeling any need to partialize the air-flow.

Below two images of the little Argus Air in my hands demonstrate how simple it is to partialize the puff if necessary.

15.jpg

16.JPG

How VooPoo Argus Air works:
    The Gene.AI Chipset manages both the puff controlled by the Fire button and the "automatic" one very well, the first is very reactive and delivers only by pressing the Fire button, the second has a reactivity directly proportional and naturally linked to the suction force that you will apply to the mouthpiece. So do not expect to quickly suck in the steam especially with the 0.6Ω coil if you do not apply a correct and decisive suction force, myself when I am not very concentrated I prefer to use the fire button letting the steam flow freely in the mouth. However I find it convenient to have the two options always available and within reach, especially with the disposable pod with 0.8Ω resistance.

The power is adjustable from 5 to 25W, the Smart function chooses the correct power for the installed coil, allowing manual adjustment but preventing the setting of higher powers than the correct working range of the coil, effectively preventing the most distracted from burning the cotton reducing the longevity of the coil.

17.JPG

- Power on: Press the Fire button 5 times in a row.
    - Options menu: press the fire key 5 times in succession, lightly press the fire key to select the desired option, hold for 1.5s to confirm
    - Lock option: Press the Fire key 5 times in succession, lightly press the fire key to select Lock, the device is locked, the automatic puff and power adjustment are still available.
    - Unlock option: Press the Fire key 5 times in a row, lightly press the fire key to select Unlock, press and hold the Fire key for 1.5s.
    - Power Off: Press the Fire key 5 times in a row, lightly press the fire key to select Power Off, press and hold the Fire key for 1.5s.
    - Reset Puff: Press the Fire key 5 times in succession, lightly press the fire key to select Reset Puff, press and hold the Fire key for 1.5s.
    - To enable power adjustment mode, quickly press the Fire key three times, when the wattage flashes, short press the key to adjust the desired wattage, press and hold the fire key to confirm.

Notes: While charging, the display shows the current remaining charge percentage.
    A full charge cycle lasts only 45 minutes thanks to the Type-C 5V / 2A Quick Charge 2.0 charging.
    To update the firmware, the side of the data line marked with "▲" must be inserted facing down.

18.jpg

Seven-level security protections:
    - Cut Off 10s
    - Short Circuit
    - Overcharge
    - Max Power
    - Output Over-current
    - Over Discharge
    - Over Temperature

19.JPG

VooPoo Argus Air Highlights:

Pro:
    - Captivating aesthetics
    - Finishes
    - Construction materials
    - Size and handling
    - Reliable GENE.AI chipset
    - 0.56 "bright display
    - Puff with Fire button or automatic puff
    - Ultra comfortable configuration of the Fire button
    - Intelligent power regulation
    - Power from 5 to 25W
    - Excellent management of the integrated 900mAh battery (299 Puff at 14W)
    - Device suitable for MTL and Restricted Flavor
    - 3.8ml clear cartridges
    - Disposable cartridge no condensation
    - PnP cartridge compatible with the PnP Coil line with resistive value equal to 0.6Ω or higher
    - Fast charging only 45 '

Tips:
    Lack of indication of Volts

Thanks VooPoo ShenZhen Woody Vapes Technology Co. LTD for submitting this product for review: ARGUS Air Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

20.jpg

Reactions: Storm52
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread