hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Here I am again with yet another review for Voopoo. They didn’t waste any time after releasing the Argus MT and XT kits that I recently reviewed. By the way, both kits were fantastic! Anyway, I’m here today to talk about the new Drag H80S kit from Voopoo. The H80S is being promoted using the slogan “New Drag, New Halo”. The H80S has an operating range of 5-80 watts and uses a single 18650 battery that is loaded from the side using a C frame design. There is a USB-C charging port rated at a charging rate of 2A. It has a simplified interface using the familiar Gene TT chipset and has added an Eco function. It is 15% smaller than the smallest Drag device and only weighs in at 122g. The pod uses a unique airflow basin design that holds condensation for easier cleaning.

Ux6EDLw.jpg

1662822134904.png

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Drag H80 S device
    1* PNP Pod II 4.5ml
    1* PNP-TW30 0.3ohm Coil
    1* PNP-TW15 0.15ohm Coil
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual

43EL8Fg.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Size: 123*26*32mm

Battery: 1* 18650(Not included)

Input Voltage: 3.2-4.2V

Power Range: 5-80W

Charging Voltage: 5V/2A

Resistance Range: .1-3.0 ohms

Capacity: 4.5ml (Standard)/ 2ml (TPD)

Kit included: PNP-TW30 (.3ohms) & PNP-TW15 (.15ohms)

Other Optional coils: Compatible with all PNP coils

Rt2H4eY.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Compatible with all PNP coils

2. Multiple modes: SMART, RBA, ECO

3. 5V/2A type-c charging

4. GENE TT chip, software upgrading

5. Airflow adjustment

6. Safety protections: Overtime/Over Heated/Output Over-current/Overcharge/Low Battery/Atomizer Short-circuit Protection

umpZyGe.jpg

0Sv6eeP.jpg

ENNSFmn.jpg

QFVTWSv.jpg

vqvAQnQ.jpg

zwhVo9b.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the H80 is similar to the E60. There is a very nice color picture of the device on the front with the Drag name running vertically in large letters as well as the Drag H80S name at the bottom. The back side of the shell has the usual package contents, warning, company information and an authenticity code.
    1662822715124.png

1662822749170.png

Once opened then there you can see the H80 mod with the pod installed sitting in a plastic insert. Also found inside are two coils since one is not pre-installed in the pod. By the way this is the same PNP 2 pod that comes with the E60 kit so they are interchangeable. However with this kit you get the same PNP-TW30 .3 ohm coil rated for 28-36 watts but also get a PNP-TW15 .15 ohm coil (55-70 watts) which is rated for more power than the E60 can deliver. However with the single 18650 battery used on the H80 it will be fine but wouldn’t expect especially long battery life running that high of wattage on a single 18650. Also included is of course a user manual, USB-C charging cable, and battery safety card. You’ll want to keep track of the included charging cord because it is required for doing any kind of updates to the mod.
    1662822809673.png

The PNP 2 Pod is the same one as what is included in the Drag E60 kit so I don’t really see a reason to do a whole new write up on it. Instead I will just copy and paste that information into this review.

The new PNP 2 Pod is a bit of a different design than what I’ve seen before. I am very happy to report that it is a top fill pod. Simply grab the drip tip and top cap and give it ¼ turn to open it for filling. There is a gasket over the fill ports with two points where a bottle tip can be inserted for filling. The drip tip and top cap are one piece so you cannot change the tip. It really hasn’t been an issue for me since I find the tip quite comfortable to use. You can see in the picture below that there is writing on the top cap which I personally find unnecessary but I guess it could be good to remind people that it uses the PNP series coils.
    1662822868766.png

Here is where I noticed the biggest difference with the new PNP 2 Pod. Below you can see the bottom side of the pod with a coil installed. The bottom of the pod has these notches all the way around that reminds me of a metal gear on a piece of machinery. There is a reason for this. In the second picture below you can see the metal tooth sticking up in the pod opening on the mod. There are actually three of these teeth inside the opening and when you insert the pod you need to make sure that the pod fully seats in place so that the three teeth hit the slot openings on the pod. You can feel it when it goes all the way into place. What this does is when you turn the pod then it turns those teeth which are attached to the airflow control ring. It gives the H80 a really solid feeling airflow control so you don’t have to worry about accidentally moving the airflow control like I’ve experienced on some pod mods. Of course there are still three magnets on the base of the pod to help hold it down into place. They are strong enough that once partially inserted, the magnets will pull the pod the rest of the way in by themselves. However, if the teeth aren’t aligned with the slots then you may need to give it a little wiggle to let it drop the rest of the way in place. Once the pod is installed correctly then it will make contact with the two gold plated spring loaded contacts inside the pod opening of the mod.

1662822917613.png

1662822945590.png

1662822974604.png

F4iV82D.jpg

In case I didn’t mention it before, the PNP 2 pod tank is compatible with all PNP coils.
    rz3NTGi.jpg

Jz4AY24.jpg

Tlkbfs7.jpg

Now it’s time to take a look at the H80 mod itself. On the right side of the mod is printed “Designed by Voopoo”. Once again this mod is made of zinc alloy and has a leather like wrap around the back and sides. The H80 is much taller and skinnier than the E60 at 123mm in height. It is thin enough that I could easily slide it into a pants pocket. I guess that would depend though on how tight you wear your pants. This one does have the Drag name stamped into the back where the E60 did not. It has the same set up as far as the gear mechanism for the airflow control built into it. In the picture below you can see the teeth that stick up in the base of the pod opening that align with the gear notches in the tank to adjust the airflow.

1662823173765.png

1662823206371.png

3cM5u6C.jpg

8k19uqF.jpg

The battery installation is from the side on the H80 with a C frame side cover. The battery cover is held on very securely using two magnets. One at the top and one at the bottom. The top battery contact nearest to the pod end is clearly marked with a large white + sign on it. No question here which way the battery goes in.
    sfa3F19.jpg

GR5X3A6.jpg

The menu operation of the H80S is as follows:

• Press the fire button five times to turn the device on/off
    • Press the fire button and the + button to lock/unlock the device
    • Press the + and – buttons to enter the menu
    • Once in the menu, the options are Mode(Smart, RBA, ECO), Puff Reset, About Device, and Exit

The H80S has the following safety protections.

• Overtime protection
    • Output over-current protection
    • Low battery protection
    • Overheat protection
    • Overcharge protection
    • Atomizer short protection
    If you’ve ever used a Voopoo device then you are probably familiar with Smart and RBA modes. Smart automatically picks a set wattage depending on the resistance of the coil to help from allowing the user to run the coil too high which could damage it. RBA give the control to the user and can operate the mod within the entire output range of 5-60 watts. ECO mode is a new feature that I haven’t seen before. The ECO mode puts the mod into a power saving mode to help make the battery last longer. Also when you run the battery down to 40% then a message will pop up on the screen asking if you want to switch to ECO mode. I personally didn’t really notice a big difference but don’t really know how to judge battery life extension. I think I would have to spend more time with the kit and pay close attention to how many puffs I had on the counter when using normal and ECO modes.

qowDgCO.jpg

I personally experienced that the atomizer short protection does work since after about half a day of use the included .15 ohm coil kept reading shorted and had to be replaced. I did not receive any extra coils with the review sample so just used the .3 ohm coil from then on out. I really didn’t mind as I really like the .3 ohm coil and would choose it over the .15 coil.
    jXTrBjB.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I really feel like Voopoo has released yet another fantastic device with the H80S kit. The H80 is 15% smaller than the smallest Drag device. It is thin and comfortable to hold and use. I very much like that the battery is loaded from the side with a C frame cover. The new interface using the Gene TT chipset makes the H80 very user friendly and easy to operate. I know that it’s not normally recommended but if you get stuck and have to charge the 18650 battery inside the device then it does offer a 5V/2A charging rate which should get you back up and running quickly.

I think it’s fantastic that the new PNP 2 Pod Tank is compatible with all coils in the PNP series from Voopoo. That really gives the user a ton of options. I would think that just about everyone could find a coil in that series that they liked. The tank delivered very good flavor using the .3 ohm coil which I preferred at about 31 watts with the airflow ¼-1/3 open. The vapor was very flavorful while using a liquid that I am very familiar with. The .15 coil didn’t last long so I didn’t feel like I got a really good feel for it since I kept getting an atomizer short message after only a short time using it. However, initially the flavor and vapor production were very good. I believe that I started out running it at 45 watts and worked my way up a little.

I won’t even ask this time. I would definitely recommend the Voopoo Drag H80S if you’re looking for a great pod mod with a ton of coil options and like very good flavor production with no noticeable leaking or condensation. I’d like to thank Voopoo and Nical for sending the Voopoo Drag H80S for this review. Also a big thanks to the readers. You make this possible. Below is a link to the website so you can explore the Voopoo website and all it has to offer.

DRAG H80S-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life
    0dxdqqL.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Another great review, but sad to say it just beat out the Drag e60. All things equal I prefer mods with external batteries.
    I can understand that. Both have the same great airflow control and can use any pnp coil.

Reactions: dennism
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread