Voopoo drag s battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagirl79

Feb 13, 2010
Ga
So I just bought the voopoo drag s on Thursday and so far battery life is HORRIBLE!! I am using a pnp 0.6 ohm coil at 20-24 watts and an only getting 277 puffs on a complete charge. It isn’t lasting me half a day. Does this sound normal, or is the battery defective ?? I have an aegis boost that I vaped at the same wattage, ohm coil and could easily get through a 13 hour shift before needing to recharge.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Half a day isn't unusual in itself, but as far as I can tell the Drag S has a 2,500 mAh battery while the Aegis Boost is only 1,500 mAh, so at the same wattage the Drag S should usually last longer - unless you're vaping more or taking longer puffs with the Drag S. It's pretty hard to accurately compare when you're using different tanks, pods and/or coils.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The numbers check out, it's doing what it's supposed to. May I suggest a mod with an external battery, this was you can carry a spare charged battery and swap it out as needed.

Battery drain | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

6tG0qnV.jpg

Lio M

Feb 5, 2021
Netherlands
So I just bought the voopoo drag s on Thursday and so far battery life is HORRIBLE!! I am using a pnp 0.6 ohm coil at 20-24 watts and an only getting 277 puffs on a complete charge. It isn’t lasting me half a day. Does this sound normal, or is the battery defective ?? I have an aegis boost that I vaped at the same wattage, ohm coil and could easily get through a 13 hour shift before needing to recharge.

Hi,

I found this information Voopoo Drag S Pod Mod Review - Clever Airflow | Ecigclick

• At 32w, you should be able to get roughly 694 x 1.5second Puffs or a 1.5 second puff ever other minute for 23 hours
  • At 60w you should be able to get roughly 370 x 1.5 second puffs or a 1.5 second puff every other minute for 13 hours
:)

• Informative
Reactions: Superuser187

gagirl79

Feb 13, 2010
Ga
I did take it back to the shop and they replaced it with the drag x. They agreed the battery should not be draining that fast. Today is my first full day using it and I am still at half a battery. I realize drainage will be different but I am certainly happy with the battery life from this one! Now if I can just get the coils figured out. I’m used to two options and that’s it lol anyway, thanks for the replies!!

gagirl79

Feb 13, 2010
Ga
Drag X and some spare batteries.
That’s exactly what I did. The shop replaced it with the X I just had to buy a few batteries for it. Any suggestions on coils while we are at it? I am a MTL vaper at 3mg nicotine. Can’t seem to find “the right one” for the throat hit etc I was getting from my aegis boost

Lio M

Feb 5, 2021
Netherlands
Don't forget to do a firmware upgrade on your Drag X:)
I just upgraded the Drag S and it looks like the battery life is improving because it takes a long time to charge 1 percent of the battery. Its been about 15 minutes ago like this. Is that even possible? Lol :blink:

I am using the sense orbit coils 1.1 ohm for MTL with voopoo MTL pods. Very nice tight draw.
Don't tell voopoo :img:

gagirl79

Feb 13, 2010
Ga
I just upgraded the Drag S and it looks like the battery life is improving because it takes a long time to charge 1 percent of the battery. Its been about 15 minutes ago like this. Is that even possible? Lol :blink:

I am using the sense orbit coils 1.1 ohm for MTL with voopoo pods. Very nice tight draw.
What strength e liquid are you using ? And I updated the firmware on the x, no clock interface or 14 day tracker now ):

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens

I am using the sense orbit coils 1.1 ohm for MTL with voopoo MTL pods. Very nice tight draw.

Maybe with the update they could descrease the charging rate if that's possible through update and now it takes longer to charge but if they would do that it means it's for good :p

Are u charging it from the same charger and cable? :p

Lio M

Feb 5, 2021
Netherlands
What strength e liquid are you using ? And I updated the firmware on the x, no clock interface or 14 day tracker now ):

I am using 6mg nicotine and switch sometimes with 20mg nic salt. U can use either tobacco flavor or other flavors. I get plenty flavor and throat hit.
My Drag S just got a facelift with many characters. It keeps the old version functioning but now added other characters that shows some extras. I like it:)

Lio M

Feb 5, 2021
Netherlands
Maybe with the update they could descrease the charging rate if that's possible through update and now it takes longer to charge but if they would do that it means it's for good :p

Are u charging it from the same charger and cable? :p
Haha, I had to use the voopoo V suit cable so I could upgrade the firmware because the drag s cable that is included, has a fault in the pins and could not upgrade.
I left the voopoo drag S cable in the pc after upgrade because the battery was still charging.
Just now I changed back to the included voopoo drag S cable and the device is done charging within minutes. :w00t:

• Winner

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Haha, I had to use the voopoo V suit cable so I could upgrade the firmware because the drag s cable that is included, has a fault in the pins and could not upgrade.
I left the voopoo drag S cable in the pc after upgrade because the battery was still charging.
Just now I changed back to the included voopoo drag S cable and the device is done charging within minutes. :w00t:

Winnerrrr
Also keep in mind that not all chargers or the USB ports on PC can supply same power and that's why charging speeds can change...just saying in case u didn't knew.. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Lio M

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Glad I got back to ECF. Been gone for over 7 yrs. Got mad one day and threw all my old gear away. (Still kicking myself). Bought a Drag S and so far like the setup real well.
I’ll be around. I didn’t even know the PACT THING happened. Where did all my favorite venders go.
But I do like the Drag S. I learned a lot. Guess a Drag X is on my wish list.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread