Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voopoo has presented two new electronic Pod mods the DRAG S and the DRAG X in this specific sector of performance and compact Pods the fight has become bitter and is manifested by repeated new entries by all the best known manufacturers, but not always the improvements made are tangible, Voopoo compared to the already rather valid and previous Vinci, with this (double) DRAG has managed to obtain significant progress and in an evident way, both in aesthetic and practical sense, the most coveted mod of this genre , with good reason now it seems to be her!

Enjoy the reading.

1.jpg

The packaging of the two products is essentially identical:

On the front, the manufacturer's brand is located at the top, just below the device name, on the left we find an image of the device, the references to the new GENE.TT chip, the color is represented by a matching colored circle, the lower part is occupied by the nicotine warnings.

2.jpg

The device name is listed at the top at the top, the contents of the package are listed below, followed by the warnings, the anti-counterfeiting Scratch and Check, the bar code, the address, the contacts, finally the usual logos / brands and the inevitable warnings on the use of nicotine.

3.jpg

The two long sides contain references to Voopoo social contacts and the QR code.

4.jpg

Sample pack contents:

1- DRAG S Pod Mod
    1- PnP-VM1, 0.3Ω 32 ~ 40W
    1- PnP-VM5, 0.2Ω 40 ~ 60W
    1- Type C USB cable
    1- User manual

1- DRAG X Pod Mod
    1- PnP-VM1 0.3Ω 32 ~ 40W
    1- PnP-VM6 0.15Ω 60 ~ 80W
    1- Type C USB cable
    1- User manual

5.jpg

Features and dimensions:

Name: DRAG S
    Chip: GENE.TT
    Capacity: 4.5ml
    Material: PCTG
    Resistors: (PnP-VM5) 0.3Ω (PnP-VM1)
    Material: alloy + leather
    Output power: 5-60 W.
    Output voltage: 3.2 ~ 4.2V
    Resistance range supported: 0.1Ω ~ 3.0Ω
    Battery capacity: 2500 mAh built-in battery
    Dimensions: 87x33x28mm
    Weight: 146gr

Name: DRAG X
    Chip: GENE.TT
    Capacity: 4.5ml
    Material: PCTG
    Resistors: (PnP-VM6) (PnP-VM1)
    Material: alloy + leather
    Output power: 5-80 W.
    Output voltage: 3.2 ~ 4.2V
    Resistance range supported: 0.1Ω ~ 3.0Ω
    Battery capacity: 18650 single (Battery excluded)
    Dimensions: 95x32.5x28mm
    Weight: 163gr (with 18650 battery)

6.jpg

7.jpg

Safety protections on 8 levels:

- Cut Off at 10s
    - Short circuit protection
    - Overload protection
    - Max Power protection (intelligent coil detection function that prevents wrong setting)
    - Output overcurrent protection
    - Protection from excessive discharge
    - Overtemperature protection
    - Battery inversion protection

8.JPG

There are 7 colors to choose from: Marsala, Chestnut, Carbon fiber, Retro, Classic, Mashup and Galaxy Blue.

9.jpg

Aesthetically both kits are excellent, I can't find a thing to criticize from the point of view of their appearance, I received the Carbon Design coloring and the Marsala version starting from the textures and leather details of both, from the huge DRAG logo hot stamped, up to the quality stitching, I would say that they are the most beautiful and well-built devices that I have been fortunate to test lately.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The shell is made of zinc alloy, the front part houses a large and colorful display, visible even in direct sunlight, the raised fire button is round and concave in the center, the up / down buttons are arranged vertically above to the µUSB type C charging port.

Important note: Both devices charge through the µUSB type C port but do not support pass-through.

11.jpg

The system of regulation of the air flow unlike 99% of this kind of devices now in vogue is fantastic, fully adjustable, something more unique than rare, this is really appreciable, good Voopoo!

12.jpg

The only visual difference (except the dimensions) lies in the bottom of the devices, the DRAG S in addition to reporting some specifications has 4 effective non-slip feet to better keep it in place, while the DRAG X has a cover for the 18650 battery, quick and high quality.

13.jpg

The upper part of both has an identical pod housing equipped with three gold-plated pins and a metal ring (removable) that acts as a support base and guarantees magnetic contact with the pod.

In the photo below we can see in detail the battery compartment of the DRAG X.

14.jpg

How DRAG S and DRAG X work:

1 Five clicks on the fire button allow you to switch the device on / off.

2 The reset of the puffs is obtained by clicking together Fire / Down

3 To access the Puff interface, click the Up / Down buttons together, the GENE.TT stores the number of Puff for the last 14 days, to view the number of Puff for a given day, press the Up or Down buttons, to exit hold press and hold Fire for two seconds, again from the puff interface it is possible to display the Chip ID by holding the fire button briefly.

4 Lock / unlock Pressing the Fire / Up buttons together locks the device. It is not possible to activate it or change the power when it is locked.

5 To access the clock, press Fire / Up / Down simultaneously, briefly press fire to change the cursor, press Up or Down to adjust the time, keep Fire pressed to save and exit.

15.jpg

Smart / RBA functions:
    Using the Smart interface, the chip identifies the PnP coil by choosing the optimal power, automatically setting the wattage and thus preventing the coil from burning for possible errors.

- On the X, to change between "intelligent" and "RBA" mode, three clicks on the fire button.

- On the S, three clicks on the fire button allow you to switch between pressing the button and the automatic shooting mode (the X does not support the automatic / shooting function).

Additional Note, the DRAG X keeps the Puffs memorized when removing the battery, but clears the clock settings, which can be quite annoying because it asks you to reset it every time. To exit the time setting menu, hold down Fire.

16.jpg

Vape scoring:

This function was introduced with the GENE.TT chip starting from the DRAG S and DRAG X; this algorithm takes into account each vaping, assigning it a value of comulative and upon reaching a certain score it will qualify the turn vaper, it may be that this initiative is also linked to a possible award following a sort of vaper championship, at the moment the new DRAG S and DRAG X that will be marketed will lack this function, those who want to install it, will have to download the firmware on the Voopoo website.

17.JPG

Pod:

The transparent PCTG material used on the pod perfectly adapts to the DRAG style, vaguely reminiscent of the nano wasp, but above all it guarantees total control over the liquid level.

I also find that the cylindrical mouthpiece (unfortunately fixed) is much more comfortable than the "duck" one seen on other similar devices! It guarantees a better grip for the lips.

The three magnets of the Pod are super powerful, in contact with the base / ring of the Drag they guarantee a solid attachment point.

A positive note also regards the soft rubber that acts as a stopper to the large orifice for the refil, the first one is always well liftable and also being rotating it moves comfortably to the side, the second is large enough to also accommodate the spouts of the bottles of e -liquid of generous size.

18.jpg

Coil:

Both DRAG are equipped with an identical PnP-VM1, 0.3Ω 32 ~ 40W, the S also includes a PnP-VM5, 0.2Ω 40 ~ 60W, while the other Coil included in the DRAG X package is a PnP- VM6 0.15Ω 60 ~ 80W.

The 0.15Ω coil pushed to 60W and with all the flow / open air produces an intense aroma accompanied by impressive clouds of vapor, I recommend using this coil with the X version of the DRAG together with a good 18650 battery, I do not recommend use this coil with the S version with integrated battery as it would require 100% of its potential, in fact GENE.TT reads the default DRAG X at 65W while on DRAG S it sets it automatically to 60W (Maximum value S)

As for the PnP-VM1, 0.3Ω 32 ~ 40W I am using it on the DRAG S with the value pre-set by the chip at 35W, even here the Flavor is well defined even if the vapor is not as dense as with the coil from 0.15Ω, the steam remains at lukewarm levels and it will be difficult to get it to become too hot as it can happen (if the shot is wrong) with the 0.15Ω coil, with this 0.3Ω coil it can also be adjusted the air flow at about 2/3 of the opening, with this air / coil configuration I really like to use the automatic pull of the DRAG S with the screen locked, I would have seen this automatic option very positively also on the DRAG X version.

I am so taken by the incredible performance of the DRAGs and these two coils that I have not yet had the opportunity to try others (including the RBA), Voopoo also says that an 510 adapter is also coming onto the market, so that you can also use the DRAG with the classic atomizers.

19.jpg

Pro:
    GENE.TT chipset
    Build quality
    aesthetics
    Leather details
    Transparent pods
    Comfortable refil
    Powerful magnets
    Large, bright color screen
    Fully adjustable air flow
    No loss
    Easy to use
    Flavor and large steam production on both Coils
    The 0.15Ω coil can be used with powers lower than those declared
    Good durability of both coils
    Wide choice of PnP coils
    Drag X with 18650 external battery
    DRAG S 2500 mAh
    USB Type-C charging port
    DRAG S loads fairly quickly about 1 hour and 20 minutes

Versus:
    In Drag-X the clock must be reset every time the battery is replaced
    Drag-X does not have automatic shooting

20 rece.jpg

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------

I thank Voopoo for giving me the opportunity to test the DRAG S and DRAG X for this review:

Link: DRAG S Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Link. DRAG X Mod Pod - VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread