The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Voopoo (Gene Chip) TCR Conversion Chart

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by ShowerHead, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Here's a handy chart to convert TCR values to the Gene TCR values.

Code:
    https://imgur.com/a/punZw

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    so basically their TCR calibration is between 8-20% off going from high to low tcr alloys...pretty rubbish coding if you ask me. Can you do firmware updates on this thing?? To be honest, i wouldn't use one if you paid me...

3. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Don't know, and don't know.
    No money, so, not to worry about being paid to use one...

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    Possibly I was a bit harsh but really, supplying a conversion chart when they could just put the right numbers into the firmware in the first place is :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    lol!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ShowerHead

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Well, they didn't supply the chart. It was a labor of love by another vaper.
    I agree, who thinks 'I know, I'll make a completely non-standard way to input TCR. That will boost my popularity'

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigEgo

BigEgo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    Alabama
    I've seen reviews by Phil and others and they said the temps were fairly accurate out of the box. No mention of funky TCR conversions being necessary.

Even though I haven't measure it with a thermocouple, my experience is the same. It feels about like a DNA-200 (which I also own) as far as accuracy and smoothness of firing in TC mode. For example, I am using SS 430 (TCR .00138) and I entered 1380 into my Drag and it feels the same as my DNA at 450F.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that the device might slightly read the resistance too low. This will make a difference in accuracy, especially with SS builds. If there is any inaccuracy, I suspect it's with the mod reading the resistance a bit low instead of it being some secret TCR values.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Akin C Senol

Akin C Senol New Member

Feb 5, 2018
    When I check my coils ohm with steam-engine.org , they pretty accurate.

I'm using SS430 too (from CW) however, what I found is after firing coil immediately screw off and on again, so ohm jumps around .02 and feels more accurate with actual TCR value. Before doing that, almost there is pretty low temp and nearly none vape. Also its same for SS316L.

I tried recommended chart values but not much different.

I wonder if you achieve that you have said low ohms reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.