Nunchaku 2 temperature control

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Any one used, experimented with TCR mode on Nunchaku 2 yet?

From my understanding of the reviews, it seems it does not come with pre-set TCR numbers and one has to input the TCR number themselves.

THis should be the cold (?) TCR right? Just input the numbers from here? The Ultimate TCR List

The first Nunchaku did not allow changing Power/wattage when in TCR mode. Has this been changed in Nunch 2?

Do i need anything other than the TCR values to use TC? (TC newb) Is there a list of appropriate temperatures too for instance?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Any one used, experimented with TCR mode on Nunchaku 2 yet?

From my understanding of the reviews, it seems it does not come with pre-set TCR numbers and one has to input the TCR number themselves.

THis should be the cold (?) TCR right? Just input the numbers from here? The Ultimate TCR List

The first Nunchaku did not allow changing Power/wattage when in TCR mode. Has this been changed in Nunch 2?

Do i need anything other than the TCR values to use TC? (TC newb) Is there a list of appropriate temperatures too for instance?

I don't have this mod - but I do use TC. First have a look at Vic's review, he covers TC in there, and he's usually pretty thorough:

Yep, you have the correct TCR numbers. Have a read through this manual and see if it helps with where to set it up:

Uwell Nunchaku 2/User Manual - Vaper Club | E-Cigarette professional information exchange platform

Regarding temperatures - choose either Celsius or Fahrenheit
    420F/215c is a pretty standard starting point

For a cooler vape go down - eg I use 380F/200c
    For a warmer vape go up.

You will also need which Wattage you want to use in TC mode. This is like a preheat - it's generally 5 or 10 watts higher than you use in normal wattage mode.

As an example, here's my TC settings for the Asmodus Colossal 80w:

TCR 0.00092 (SS316l)
    Wattage 20 watts
    Temperature 380F

Have fun :D

virm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 27, 2019
    Thanks a lot @AngeNZ , very helpful: the do it like this!

Seen this review and all the others out there, they don't go into these details. I guessit's because it's become a common feature, or because Nunchaku may not be that popular among more advanced peeps. Not sure about Wattage; like i said, the first version Nch had a steady 60watt in TCR mode. That might actually be covered, almost accidentaly, by some reviewer, i'm gonna have to go over them all again. Definitely seen some one set up TCR then wattage, but it might have been a diff device!

Odd, 20 watts? The Nch2 .14ohm which is meant for TC is recommended at 50-60.

So we do not use TC on anything FeCrAl/Kanthal right?

Oh... does 'Claptonized' mean it's FeCrAl?
    and what's Plexus made of?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks a lot @AngeNZ , very helpful: the do it like this!

Seen this review and all the others out there, they don't go into these details. I guessit's because it's become a common feature, or because Nunchaku may not be that popular among more advanced peeps. Not sure about Wattage; like i said, the first version Nch had a steady 60watt in TCR mode. That might actually be covered, almost accidentaly, by some reviewer, i'm gonna have to go over them all again. Definitely seen some one set up TCR then wattage, but it might have been a diff device!

So we do not use TC on anything FeCrAl/Kanthal right?

Oh... does 'Claptonized' mean it's FeCrAl?
    and what's Plexus made of?

Plexus and Claptonized are different coil types - nothing to do with the actual coil material. A clapton coil is a thick wire with a thinner wire wrapped around it:
    Clapton-Coil-3.jpg

And the Plexus coil used by Innokin is more of a grid/mesh coil:
    innokin-zenith-plexus-coil-dettaglio.jpg

And yep, we only use TC on certain wires: stainless steel (ss316l) titanium (Ti) and nickel 200 (ni200)
    A Beginner's Guide to Vaping with Temperature Control [2018]

The 20watts was just what I use for my lil flat wire coils ;) You can use whatever wattage you prefer. Start it in TC mode at 50w.

Keep an eye out on this section of ECF:
    E-Cigarette Reviews

We have a few members who do reviews, and the Nunchaku 2 should start popping up soon ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread