Voopoo Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Well I did some late night impulse shopping--haha! Should have it later this week since I ordered with Panda Express shipping. :D I'll tell you why I ordered it and we'll see if my expectations match my opinion after I get it. Also, please feel free to comment and share your opinions, especially if you have one.

Reasons that I ordered the Panda:
6. Late night impulse shopping! :oops:
5. 1100mAh battery
4. 5ml capacity
3. Drip tip can be removed and cleaned
2. Save the pandas! :wub:
1. This video... :rolleyes:

For me, some possible drawbacks are that it is not draw activated and not shaped like a cigarette (I've been cigarette free for 5 months). It also has a long 1.5 hour charge time but the battery is 1100mAh. I'm thinking this device may replace my Breeze 1 and may be better suited for me than the Breeze 2 or nautilus AIO. I had high hopes for the nautilus AIO but one reviewer said the drip tip isn't removable on that one (unlike the Breeze 1 and 2 or the Panda). Being able to clean the drip tip was one of the major reasons I bought the Breeze 1... two of them, actually.

Looking at the pods, I'm thinking that the deck may just be held in place with tabs but I won't know for sure until I try to take one apart. Would be cool if it is rebuildable.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Just got it and haven’t used it yet. Looks nice. Here are a few comparison photos next to other popular pod mods.

In looking over the manual, I didn’t see anything about the LED indicating battery life. I’m rather disappointed by it. I expected more from the company that also makes mods with the gene chip.

Instead of indicating the battery life, the color of the LED indicates whether you are using the 12W pod (intended for base) or the 8W pod (intended for salt). I don’t see why that is necessary since the wattage is printed on the pods. Also most folks are probably only going to be using one.

When the battery charge is depleted, the blue LED will flash 10 times. That seems stupid to me. When it no longer works, I won’t need a blinking LED to figure out that it’s not working. That’s like making a car without a gas gauge that blinks the headlights 10 times when it no longer runs. Then it’s too late!

The battery life is a very large 1100 mah. That’ll likely last me a day or more. So I can just plug it in at the end of every day.

IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2236.JPG
IMG_2237.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Just tried out the pod for salt nic (1.2 ohm, 8 watts) and love it! It produces a very smooth vapor. Given the large size of the drip tip, I was pleasantly surprised that it's a somewhat restricted pull. Not as restricted as something like the Suorin Drop but not too loose either. Definitely not as airy or loose as the Breeze 1. I think this may be the best vape that I've gotten from a pod.

I haven't tried the pod for regular nicotine liquid. The 1:40 mark in the video above shows a comparison of the vapor production from the 2 different pods. The pod for regular nicotine produces much more vapor. I do have regular nicotine liquid but I prefer to use salt nic and I don't need more vapor.

I do hate the lack of a battery indicator. I would much prefer a 3 color indicator of battery charge rather than a color change to identify the pods.

I would also like to see a few different choices for drip tips. I'm not a fan of the shape and size of this one. I'd prefer something contoured a bit more like a smaller version of the drip tip on the Breeze. I do like that it's removable and washable. I also like the magnetic connection between the two parts of the housing.

The Panda is larger than other pod mods. There's a trade off. The 5ml pod and 1100mah battery is more than twice the capacity of many other pods. I do appreciate the very small size of other devices like the Juul.

I was expecting the Panda would replace my Aspire Breeze but it may replace all of my pod devices. I like the vape from it that much. Time will tell though.

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I take back the part about the restricted pull. It depends how you inhale and the angle. It can be loose if you hold it straight. Definitely not airy. I'm still getting used to it. I'm getting nic'd out trying it so often--haha!

It's light weight but not so comfortable in a pocket. Not gonna disappear in your pocket like a Juul or Infinix. But it's manageable.

There's no window to check the liquid level but the cover is magnetic so it's quick to open and close. And with the 5 ml capacity it will last a long time.

Really enjoyable vape from the pod for nic salts.

Hmmm.... maybe when the name of your company has “poo” in it naming a device after an animal isn’t the best idea. Just saying.

Haha! Must mean something else in Chinese.

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Still loving the vape from the Panda. If the pod lasts me a week, then most of my other devices will probably go in storage after I use up the coils and pods for them. I will likely keep the Suorin Drop because of the size and the restricted pull. I will probably only use the Drop with higher concentration nicotine for occasional quick hits.

Reactions: stols001

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Hmmm.... maybe when the name of your company has “poo” in it naming a device after an animal isn’t the best idea. Just saying.
their intention originally was to sound the company name like VohPoh, but because the chinese has a weak grasp in english, they spelled it voopoo thinking it sounds like vohpoh. But to us it's voo poo. That is how the VohPoh brand got created. Obviously this isn't the first time it happened with the chinese, there's other brands that has come to the lime light like Smok or is it Smoke? lol

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Last night, I removed the pod and didn't see any leaking. But I noticed a lot of vapor build up in the drip tip and top cap. I forgot to clean it last night and today there was a pool near the bottom of the pod. Hopefully it just ran down the sides from the top cap. It would be unfortunate if it was a pod leak. I will keep an eye on it. I should mention that this pod is NOT the pod that I took apart. Haven't charged it yet! Should probably do that today. A battery indicator would be helpful! Haha!

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Tried the 12W pod (for regular liquid) with 6% Tribeca and the flavor was off. More vapor but doesn't taste good.

I still love the vape from the 8W pod with nic salts.

Also, the LED looks the same to me with both the 12W and 8W pods. It's supposed to be blue with the salt pod and purple with the regular pod. Maybe I'm missing something. I didn't care about that anyway though. I would rather have the LED indicate battery life but Voopoo seems to have overlooked that function.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2buildawall

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
They should have went with a replaceable coil vs replacing an expensive pod. I was interested but doesn’t seem cost effective.

Sorta like the Breeze 2? That would be neat.

Sorry to hear that. What will you do - buy more pods, or write it off? How many mls did you get from it?
I guess the odd failure here and there is something we just have to roll with (well, it seems that way).

I won't buy more pods. I don't think the problem will be fixed until they either redesign the silicone seal... or maybe redesign the whole thing. I sent an e-mail to customer service notifying them of the problem and asking for replacements. They asked for photos so I'll need to use it again so that I can take some photos to document the leaking. The more you use the pods, the more they leak. They leak a LOT.

Here's a shot of the liquid leaked into the battery after only 5 minutes of use.

leak copy.jpg

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I got my panda about a week ago and have already contacted VooPoo about the MANY problems. Mine leaked so bad while sitting on my desk that it ran to the outside of the unit on my first pod fill and all over my desk. This thing, in my opinion, is complete junk. And their customer service is beyond horrible! I'm stuck with a defective unit, a bunch of pods I can't use, and no help from the VooPoo.

So happy to share my original e-mail to them with my observations...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of the box, unit looks great, LOVE the capacity and ease of use of pods. Feels good in the hand. Fill both pods, let sit to prime. There is absolutely no flavor from either the 1.2 or .8 pod. Tried two different flavors, and same thing. Big clouds, no taste. So muted that it's not even enjoyable.

TRIED to vape on .8 coil thinking it needed a break in period. Yep, it's broke in. See pictures to see excessive leaking issue. Not only has it leaked into the bottom of the unit, but I just noticed that it's leaking OUTSIDE of the unit and dripping all over. Pod IS sealed tight. This is first fill. This thing has had very little use since it's not enjoyable.

Should have been a great unit. So excited to try it, but here's problems...
1. LEAKAGE - there is no no amount of leaking that's acceptable.
2. NO FLAVOR - defective? Bad design? Not sure, but I vape for flavor, not clouds. This is nothing more than a "smoke" machine.
3. CLOUDS - Wow...I bought this as a small, stealth device. That's not possible because this thing chucks a ridiculous amount of clouds. Save that for big box mods. Pod users generally want FLAVOR, not to look like a jerk in public when trying to sneak a hit on small, handheld device.
4. BATTERY - There's no color change or ANY indicator that your about to lose power. You just hit it, and boom...dead. Thank goodness I didn't rely on this as my one and only device and I was home. How was this not thought out?
5. POPPING PODS - A juice window would have made this so much nicer. Instead, you have to keep opening the top to check on level. As if that's not annoying enough, every time you do this, the pod goes flying! Onto my desk, the floor several times, etc. Why does it act like it's spring loaded?

Want to love it, but it's quite possibly the worst pod device I've ever not been able to use. And I generally love pod devices. This was a big fail and a hassle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I even attached numerous photos, but here's 2 just to show how bad the leaking is.

My two cents...stay far, far away.

Attachments

• bottom leak.jpg
    bottom leak.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 82
  • pod compartment.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
What should I do? I notified Voopoo of the leaking problem and asked for replacements. After several back and forth emails, they are offering me 20% off their store instead of replacements.

That's very disappointing. I already wasted $50 on the Panda and several replacement pods that I can't use so I have no interest in spending more money on their stuff. Plus their website is priced like 200- 300% higher than other stores so 20% off their store is nothing.

Not happy. Any advice on what to do?

The pods only last about a day before they start leaking so badly that they are unusable. After about 1.5-2 days they leak about 0.5 ml of liquid after 5 minutes of use.

Here's their message:
"We appreciate your comments to let us recognize this deficiency of our device. At present our technical dept. is working on improve this problem.

Per your case, we wonder to know that if you could accept a 20% OFF discount coupon compensation, the coupon is available to all products list in our online shop.

Please let us know if you accept this solution, we will send coupon code to you."

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
What should I do? I notified Voopoo of the leaking problem and asked for replacements. After several back and forth emails, they are offering me 20% off their store instead of replacements.

That's very disappointing. I already wasted $50 on the Panda and several replacement pods that I can't use so I have no interest in spending more money on their stuff. Plus their website is priced like 200- 300% higher than other stores so 20% off their store is nothing.

Not happy. Any advice on what to do?

The pods only last about a day before they start leaking so badly that they are unusable. After about 1.5-2 days they leak about 0.5 ml of liquid after 5 minutes of use.

Here's their message:
"We appreciate your comments to let us recognize this deficiency of our device. At present our technical dept. is working on improve this problem.

Per your case, we wonder to know that if you could accept a 20% OFF discount coupon compensation, the coupon is available to all products list in our online shop.

Please let us know if you accept this solution, we will send coupon code to you."
Personally, I would tell them that's unacceptable, for the reasons you mention (their store only, prices being higher, your current investment, etc).

If they mention their technical dept is working on the problem, they are obviously aware it's an issue.

I would tell them they need to make it right, or you are done with VooPoo products. Doesn't hurt to threaten them. Perhaps they would be willing to send you a reasonable number of replacement pods AFTER they have corrected the problem? I know that doesn't help you now, but it sounds like you are stuck with a device you won't use otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread