Voopoo Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I had this same experience after I sent photos, invoice, and filled out their warranty replacement form. Told them I would not be purchasing any more of their products if this is what I could expect. No response. So I sent another message reminding them that the unit was only used for two days and the warranty is 90 days per their own terms. They sent me ANOTHER form and are supposed to be sending a new unit. Mind you, I asked for a refund because I don't want a product that has been problematic out of the box and that MOST users are unhappy with, but this was the best I could get. Haven't heard from them since I sent that back, so I have no idea if a replacement will actually show up.

If you do a search on panda leaking, you'll see a lot of the testers and reviewers talk about this and many never received the replacements they offered to send. VooPoo told them they were "betas". (Admittedly, they had received them free from VooPoo, unlike people like us who paid for their "beta" early on.)

I feel like I wasted $50 on the unit and pods as well as my own time trying to get a resolution. VooPoo really dropped the ball on this product and they expect us to suck it up. Moral of story...don't buy vape gear unless you can afford to throw it away. :(

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
If they mention their technical dept is working on the problem, they are obviously aware it's an issue.

Per e-mail from manufacturer:
"We appreciate your comments to let us recognize this deficiency of our device. At present our technical dept. is working on improve for coming production development.

And we forward the issue to our technical dept. and will come back to you the best solution at soonest."

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Voopoo refuses to send a replacement. I wasted $50. They've lost a customer.
Could you dispute the original charge with your credit card company? Seems they sent a faulty unit, you should at least get a refund. Send email copies to your credit card company, maybe they can help?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Could you dispute the original charge with your credit card company? Seems they sent a faulty unit, you should at least get a refund. Send email copies to your credit card company, maybe they can help?

I think I paid with Paypal funds. Paypal would probably do a refund but I'd need to contact both sellers and return ship. I bought the kit ($30) and the replacement pods (5 for $20) from different sources (due to availability) so I'd need to deal with 2 separate orders. I hadn't contacted the sellers since I was (naively?) expecting Voopoo to honor their warranty.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I think I paid with Paypal funds. Paypal would probably do a refund but I'd need to contact both sellers and return ship. I bought the kit ($30) and the replacement pods (5 for $20) from different sources (due to availability) so I'd need to deal with 2 separate orders. I hadn't contacted the sellers since I was (naively?) expecting Voopoo to honor their warranty.
I re-read page one, and saw it was the pod cartridge that caused the issue. If the panda mod still works, maybe see if the seller of the pods can give you a refund.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
If any pod(s) included with the kit and the pods you purchased separately were at fault, it seems as though you'd have reasonable grounds for contacting both vendors. I've seen other posts suggesting that the seller would be the one to invoke the manufacturer's warranty, but I don't really know.

Just in case: Does PayPal cover my purchase if there's a problem?

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
The battery works but Voopoo says that any new pods will have the same issue. I won't buy more pods if they aren't going to fix them so the battery is of no use to me. Voopoo says it is condensation and denies it is a leak from the silicone seal even though I can SEE it leak from the silicone seal.

Quote from Voopoo:
Per our engineer confirmed Panda leaks caused by the over-length pod tube and make cooled condensate, which is normal.

The new replacement will have the same issue. So we suggest to consider others device which available to all products on our online shop.

Thanks for support VOOPOO.

I can SEE liquid leaking out of the pod. I told Voopoo it is not condensation. I had suggested that they redesign the seal or use an o-ring. The pods only last about 1-2 days before they start leaking then they leak about 0.5 ml of liquid after a single vape break.

Quote from me:
I understand the engineer's suggestions but the problem is not vapor build up. Condensation is normal and clean up with a tissue is routine maintenance. But this does not fix the problem. The problem is caused by liquid leaking past the silicone seal on the pod. I can see a LOT of the liquid leaking from the pod. The liquid leaks past the ridges on the silicone seal and ooze out. Liquid oozes out from the edge of the deck and the holes for the tabs that hold the deck to the clear chamber. I think the silicone seal needs to be redesigned. Or maybe an O-ring could be added between the deck and the clear chamber.

Those are just a couple of the many back and forth emails.

In these photos, a 1.5 day old pod was wiped clean and used for only 5 minutes. All the leaking occurred in 5 minutes.

IMG_2261.JPG

Some liquid leaks from the contacts.

IMG_2259.JPG

A lot of liquid leaks past the silicone seal.

IMG_2245.JPG

Some liquid leaks out the holes for the tabs.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I misunderstood that they were finished reviewing and denied my claim. They now offer 50% off their website. (I rejected their previous offer of 25% off). They also say a replacement of the Panda will still have defects but I can submit a form for replacement.

A coupon isn't really helpful. They sell the Drag for $90 and it is regularly available for $40-50 elsewhere. And on top of that their shipping is $20. It would not make up for money lost. After work, I'll take a look at their site. But I'll likely fill out the form to get replacement even though the replacement will likely leak.

Here's their email:
You probably misunderstood of us, we are not trying to escaped from our responsibility. VooPoo is a responsible company, we promise to take responsibility for all of our product quality issues.

Since high shipping fee and long transit time, we suggest you to consider other VOOPOO devices as Panda have same issue even though new replacement. We would like to offer you 50% off discount for other devices.

If you insist to need new replacement, please fill enclosed replacement list and send back to us for shipping arrangement. Thanks.

Last edited:

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I am livid reading their response to you. They reluctantly offered to send me a replacement unit but claimed to be out of the black and white (the ONLY one I like.) They NEVER said this would also have problems, so now I'm reading here that I may or may not eventually get another defective mod to go with my already purchased defective pods?

I'm sorry you are going through this. I am in the same boat as you and VooPoo has just lost yet another customer. I am also sending them a link to this thread because they should know that this will not be tolerated by the vaping community.

Why are consumers always responsible for the manufacturer's mistakes? I'd love to be a beta tester for companies since I'm basically doing it for free and on my own dime.

Ugh...so ticked! :censored:

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
They now offer 50% off their website. (I rejected their previous offer of 25% off). They also say a replacement of the Panda will still have defects but I can submit a form for replacement.

A coupon isn't really helpful. They sell the Drag for $90 and it is regularly available for $40-50 elsewhere. And on top of that their shipping is $20. It would not make up for money lost. After work, I'll take a look at their site. But I'll likely fill out the form to get replacement even though the replacement will likely leak.

I love the looks of the new VMate. Super sexy since I love resin. But even with a 50% discount, it'll be so much cheaper elsewhere online when available. And honestly, I won't spend another dime since they just got MY $50 to do beta testing for THEM and giving feedback for absolutely nothing.

Hope you are able to get some resolution as well.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
Just thought I'd post a quick update.
Sent an e-mail early last week pointing them to this very thread and telling them that I no longer want a replacement if they know it's defective and are giving us consumers differing information. Received an e-mail this morning with a tracking number. :confused:

Kelly Heise

Aug 19, 2018
Has anyone had an issue with the pods burning out after just a few hours? I got my panda yesterday and I put ejuice and nic salts in the correct cartridges for each, primed the coils, and let them sit for an hour before using for the first time. I don’t chain vape but I hit it a bunch of times over a five or six hour period and the first one burnt out the first day (ejuice cartridge) and then today the nic salt one has burnt out after a five hour period of use! Is there anything I could have possibly done wrong? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a way to fix it before I go out and spend more money on this thing? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread