VOOPOO Pericles RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
So this thread isn't necessarily about the Pericles but rather builds in general. Let me start by saying I'm fairly new at builds but am an aircraft electrician by trade so I understand electrical theory quite well. With that said I am not comfortable with building my own coils yet so I've been buying some premade ones for the other RDA I was using. I bought the VOOPOO because the build deck looked way easier to build on than the other one I bought from a local vape shop. As stated before, I'm not a pro at building but I really enjoy the flavor and the fact I am actually making something myself.

On to the issue. The Pericles comes with 2 premade coils. They look like flat claptons or something. YouTube reviewers show them on smok mods and a bunch of other ones. So I put the 2 coils in the deck, check with a meter and find that I'm at .1 ohms even. IndoorSmokers (no judgement) did his review on it with the same coils at the same ohms and it worked just fine. I can't get the smok Alien 220w to fire the oils as it says something about "low ohms". If I try the mod with a different build deck in it, it works just fine.

My question, is the smok Alien not adequate for a .1 ohm build? I have plenty of other mods but I would rather use the SMOK since it fits in my hand really well.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
After you make sure none of the the coil legs are touching the opposite coil and nothing has fell down in the deck to cause a short there are a couple thing to try. Rake the coils and then pulse. Repeat that quite a few times until you can get the coils to fire. Another thing you can try is to space the coils. .1ohms is too low for that mod. Use another mod that is not a mech mod to fire the coils to get them firing evenly from the inside out with no hot spots then check what the ohms are.

• Useful
Reactions: madstabber

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
Thanks Don! I didn't even think about raking them and to get the resistance above what the mod will fire. I actually bought the DRAG2 because of the reviews from the 1st version so maybe that one will play nicer with the low ohm build. Will update once I get home and mess around with it a bit more. I had to stop last night because I started getting frustrated with it and really don't like messing with electricity when I'm not 100% focused on what I'm doing.

Reactions: madstabber

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Thanks Don! I didn't even think about raking them and to get the resistance above what the mod will fire. I actually bought the DRAG2 because of the reviews from the 1st version so maybe that one will play nicer with the low ohm build. Will update once I get home and mess around with it a bit more. I had to stop last night because I started getting frustrated with it and really don't like messing with electricity when I'm not 100% focused on what I'm doing.
Especially if you are building your own coils, I would suggest investing the money in a 521 tab type ohm meter. You can fire the coils with the ohm meter and it makes a good build stand. It's really a good investment.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
Especially if you are building your own coils, I would suggest investing the money in a 521 tab type ohm meter. You can fire the coils with the ohm meter and it makes a good build stand. It's really a good investment.
I have a 510 ohm meter but it doesn't fire the coils, which sucks. I'll look into the one that fires them as well, that seems like it's a great idea and cuts down on moving the deck from one piece to another.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
So I figured it out. I took off one of the coils, raked and fired until all the hot spots were gone. Switched coils to the other one and did the same thing. Put both on the deck and fired until they were firing even. SMOK Alien recognized them both at .117 after they were treated individually first. Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread