Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 1.jpg

voopoo vinci Pod kit
    The "minimalist" Pod version of VooPoo is here! It is a small compact kit with "disposable" anti-leaking cartridges. The device is equipped with a new generation chipset (GENE.AI) with integrated 800mAh battery, automatic suction and adjustable AFC, attractive overall design with CMF decoration, type-C charging port and rather spectacular notification led.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 2.jpg

Enjoy the reading

The package presents on the front; the name of the device (Vinci pod Kit), the color version (Aurora Silver in my case), some technical features in the form of an icon and of course the brand (VooPoo).

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 3.jpg

On the back of the box are shown; Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co. Ltd (VooPoo) packing list, warnings, addresses and contacts, scratch & check, legal logos / trademarks.
    On the side the package shows; the social contacts of the brand in the form of an icon and the technical support QR-Code.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 4.jpg

Package Included:
    1 * Win Pod Device
    1 * Vinci Pod Cartridge (0.8Ω)
    1 * Type-C Cable
    1 * User Manual

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 5.jpg

Technical data:
    Size: 24 * 14 * 93mm
    Weight: 57g
    Maximum power: 15W
    Battery: 800mAh (built-in)
    Output voltage: 3.2V-4.2V
    Charging voltage: 5V-1A
    Resistance range: 0.6-3.0Ω
    Capacity: 2ml

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 6.jpg

The colors available are all quite captivating, I received perhaps the most sober version of the lot (Aurora silver).

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 7.jpg

First impressions:
    When I heard that VooPoo would send me a new kit called "Vinci" I was expecting a new elaborate evolution of the Vinci family, perhaps with a 21700 battery or an IP67 version, I was not expecting a basic version like this. In practice VooPoo has "exploited" the very popular name "Vinci", in reality the characteristics in common with the "Vinci" that we all know are few or nil.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 8.jpg

VooPoo Vinci Pod kit, the slogan reads "Dare to be unique".
    In fact, to produce a kit like this for an important brand like VooPoo it takes courage, because there are perhaps too many "basic" kits, all the producers churn out all the time, Voopoo to differentiate with the new Vinci focuses all on the build quality to be a winner in this crowded segment of belonging.
    The details that are immediately noticed are the simple and conformist lines, the excellent finishes, the presence of an adjustable AFC and the great structural strength.
    Of course, the extremely small dimensions with a footprint similar to that of a lighter make VooPoo Vinci Pod an ultra portable kit.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 9.jpeg

One of the side panels has a special CMF decoration, depending on the light contrast applied it makes different shades of color visible on the treated surface. On this decorated side the word "Vinci" appears while at the bottom you can read "Gene".

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The word "Gene" incorporates a very bright notification LED that indicates the remaining battery charge:
    - Green Led Battery between 60-100%
    - Blue Led Battery between 20-60%
    - Red Led Battery between 0-20%

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 11.jpg

The other side panel is smooth and bears the vertical writing "VooPoo".

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 12.jpg

AFC Adjustable:
    In the side profile of Vinci Pod Kit there is the AFC sliding adjustment system inside a groove. The AFC slider is made of metal like the rest of the body of the mod, This AFC has a limited and well-braked excursion, it can completely choke the airflow for MTL / Restrict, or allow an air passage compatible with a philosophy of vape MTL / RDL.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 13.jpg

The opposite side profile houses a very small hole inside the groove. This small hole ensures a minimum inlet air flow necessary for the system to function (in the case of the main AFC set in the fully closed position).

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 14.jpg

The compartment / pod is devoid of magnets, the circuit and the system for receiving the intake signal are protected by a perforated and raised pin (anti-leaking). The two electrical conduction pins are floating and gold / plated.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 15.jpg

On the bottom there is the type-C charging socket with double charging function and battery vent.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 16.jpg

Disposable pod:
    The disposable 2ml cartridge contains an unspecified 0.8Ω coil which should deliver a maximum power of 15W (battery charged).
    The cartridge spout is anatomically shaped for the lips, the body / pod has a large transparent e-liquid control section.
    The soft silicone cap protects a generous side refill hole, during the first use of the coil it is advisable to fill the cartridge and wait at least five minutes for the cotton to soak up the liquid.
    * VooPoo, to limit any spitting phenomena, recommends not filling the cartridge more than 2/3.

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 17.jpg

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 18.jpg

Operation Guide:
    The simplicity of Gene Pod kit derives from the fact that it has no display or control button, notifications are sent only by the single LED present.
    Previously we saw the combination of lights according to the charge level, now let's move on to the remaining Led notifications and the device's built-in safety protections.

Led notifications:
    - The battery is charging: The corresponding light flashes
    - Charging completed: The green light stays on
    - Under normal operating conditions: The corresponding indicator light gradually becomes brighter
    - Low battery: The red indicator light flashes 10 times
    - Short circuit: The indicator light stays on for 2s in red
    - Check the atomizer: The indicator flashes red once
    - Time out (Cut-off 8s): The LED flashes 8 times
    - Low voltage protection: The indicator blinks 10 times
    - High Temperature: The indicator flashes red 15 times

Safety protection:
    - Cut Off (8s)
    - Short circuit protection
    - Overload protection
    - Low battery protection
    - Overcurrent protection
    - Over temperature protection

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 19.jpg

Final remarks:
    The test of VooPoo Vinci Pod took place simultaneously with another similar device but equipped with some controls and an extra display (Smok Acro Kit).
    Both devices are designed for a type of MTL Vaping, both perform this task very well, basically because they are equipped with adjustable AFCs that work well!

The slogan "Dare to be unique" is well suited to this VooPoo device, in fact Vinci pod differs from the rest of the Pod basic systems for its minimal construction but particularly accurate in the details, the sturdy zinc alloy body it makes perhaps the most robust pod on the market with a size / weight ratio that considerably raises the strong sensation of solidity in the hand, particular care has also been reserved on the aesthetic side, in fact the beautiful CMF decoration makes it "different" and perhaps unique.

In certain situations such as; by filling the tank more than 2/3 or leaving the cartridge full of liquid at rest for a long time, spitting episodes occurred, always and in any case resolvable after a few puffs or by removing the excess liquid with short shaking. Nothing tragic also because in the compartment / pod I have never detected any traces of condensation and in this VooPoo has fully kept its promises (anti-leaking).

On the "performance" side, VooPoo relies on a single, unidentified 0.8Ω cartridge / coil, the configuration with automatic puff requires the application of a minimum suction force, in this context the coil is quite reactive. With the battery charged up to the battery charge limit (red led 20% of residual charge) the puff remains constant, the resulting vape quality provides impressions compatible with those of declared power (15W).

The vapor has a pleasant and cool temperature with wide open AFC and moderate Hit, with fully closed AFC I find a warmer Puff with a very high contrast MTL style top hit.
    The aromatic yield of my hazelnut is on the same good level as the other kit used simultaneously during this test (Smok Acro Kit).
    VooPoo Vinci Pod seems very limited in the consumption of e-liquid, a full one (2ml) lasts a lot longer than the competitor, with a full battery charge cycle I consumed about 4ml of liquid.
    The battery takes approximately 55 minutes to fully charge.

The last "Basic Kits" I tried satisfied me, I am not particularly fond of basic Pod devices, but with a view to an honest evaluation in relation to their economic segment of belonging I would like to promote VooPoo Vinci Pod kit for a decent use MTL.

Thanks for reading

Thank Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co. Ltd (VooPoo).
    VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Moments

VooPoo Vinci  Pod kit 15W 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread