hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for yet another review of a product made by Voopoo. They have been on a real roll releasing new products. This will make the fifth one that I’ve reviewed recently. This time I was sent the voopoo vinci SE in order to deliver a fair and honest review for you and hopefully help you decide if it might be right for you or someone you know. The reason I mention the part about “someone you might know” is that this pod kit would probably be a good starter kit for someone that wants to quit smoking due to its simplicity and ease of use. It’s also a small and convenient pocket carry for those that need something small for out and about. The Vinci SE has a 900mah internal battery that is recharged via a USB-C charging port that boasts a 1A charging rate so should charge in less than an hour. It comes with a .8 ohm pod and has a maximum output of 15 watts. The new Vinci Series V2 pod is top fill and has a liquid capacity of 2ml which is pretty standard. The mouthpiece of the pod is made antibacterial by the use of silver ions. Sounds pretty good so far right? Well, let’s see how that works out.

qavgz33.jpg

zVlcWDv.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* voopoo vinci Pod SE device
    1* VOOPOO VINCI Series V2 Cartridge (Top-filling) 0.8ohm
    1* User Manual
    1* Type-C Cable

mjKtAfl.jpg

Size: 24*14*93.5mm

Device Material: Aluminum Alloy

Output Power: 11-15W

Input Voltage: 3.2V-4.2V

Battery: 900mAh built-in battery

Output Voltage: 5V/1A

Resistance Range: 0.3-3.0ohm

Capacity: 2ml

Pod Material: PCTG

Pod Resistance: 0.8ohm

Color: Flame Red, Midnight Black, Cream Tan, Dawn Blue, Whale Fall Blue, Forest Green, Provence Purple, Coffee Brown

Y4pfvCh.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Antibacterial mouthpiece

2. Aviation grade aluminum alloy

3. Gradient colors, stylish design

4. Multilayer leakage-proof

5. Easy top filling

6. Type-C fast charging

7. Safety protections: Overtime/Output Over-current/Low Battery/Over Heated/Overcharge/Atomizer Short-circuit Protection

2TLv3K3.jpg

Fhn5HEi.jpg

PyedAuD.jpg

RDPj4Eb.jpg

gIgMMgz.jpg

Fdmw4Gj.jpg

YREAoTf.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Voopoo Vinci SE is basic but nice in my opinion. If you’ve read my other reviews then you know that I like when the packaging includes a clear viewing window of the device inside like this one does. The Voopoo and Vinci SE names are of course printed on the front. On the back is the usual contents list, warning, and company information for Voopoo also known as Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co. Ltd.

1664155354807.png

1664155388079.png

The box for the SE is simply opened from the end and the plastic tray holding the SE slides out with the USB-C charging cable and user manual contained underneath. The one pod that is included is pre-installed on the SE. I can understand only including one pod with the kit to keep cost down but have never been a fan of single pod kits. I know it doesn’t happen often but if the one pod included is faulty then the kit is not useable and the end user is disappointed and may no longer trust that brand of device.

1664155464219.png

As with many pod devices that I’ve tested in the past, the SE comes with a protective seal over the contacts of the pod so it isn’t accidentally fired before filling the pod. Once the pod is filled it is best to wait 5-10 minutes before taking the first puff as to make sure that the coil is fully saturated and does not burn. I did find it interesting that not only did the pod have the seal but there was a tab sticking out like a pull tab to make it easier to remove. A small detail but nice of Voopoo to think of it. They even put writing on the seal to inform the user to fill and let the pod sit for at least five minutes before using.

As you can see in the picture below there are two gold plated electrical contacts on the bottom of the pod but no magnets on this one. The pod simply snaps into the pod opening and stays very secure. There was not movement and the pod never came out accidentally when pulling it from a pocket.

1664155525250.png

I am very happy to report that the new Vinci Series 2 pods are top fill. Just snap the mouthpiece off and fill the pod. Voopoo recommends only filling the pod 2/3 of the way to avoid getting spit back. The glutton that I am, I of course filled the pod completely to the top just to see what would happen. I did get a little spit back but it wasn’t bad. Of course when filling the recommended amount then there was no spit back. I found the mouthpiece to be very comfortable to use and have no complaints on it.

1664155582520.png

It wasn’t visible through the safety seal but there are four airflow holes in the base of the new pod. The four hole air inlets pull air from all directions in balance to provide smooth flavor production. The new series of pods are multi-layer leak proof. The double ring design upgrades the leakage proof design and the condensate isolating room and micro-pore structure drain the condensate down and isolate it at the bottom of the pod.

1664155631110.png

r9jjaYq.jpg

The body of the Vinci SE is made from aluminum alloy. It’s very lightweight but still has the feeling of a quality made device. I received the Forest Green color which is a very nice gradient green coloring. On what I would call the front side of the SE is a single indicator light. This light illuminates when a puff is taken only since the SE is auto draw only without a button and the light indicates the battery charge level. It also indicates a few other things that I will explain a little later. The SE uses the Voopoo Gene TT 2.0 chipset like many other Voopoo devices. The Gene name is etched near the bottom of this side.

On the opposite side is a series of lines etched into the body making up a nice geometric design. The Voopoo Vinci name is also etched on this side of the device. There is a single airflow hole on either side of the SE but also the 5V/1A USB-C charging port is found on one side so the SE can be charged standing up if you want. The SE does not have adjustable airflow and provides a somewhat loose MTL with the included .8 ohm pod. If you like a tighter draw then you can simply cover one of the airflow inlet holes on the sides with your finger.

On the bottom of the SE is a single venting hole in the center of the base. This is a nice safety feature added by Voopoo. I looked at a few of the other pods I have in rotation and none of them had a venting hole. Some have the charging port on the bottom and wonder if this doubles as a vent for the battery. I’m not sure about that.

1664155728786.png

1664155757402.png

1664155784122.png

1664155809074.png

Like I mentioned earlier, the pod for the SE is not held in place by magnets but rather snaps into place holding the pod secure. The inside of the pod opening has a long dimple sticking out on each side that helps to lock the pod into place with no worry of accidental pod removal.

g8aR0v9.jpg

The inside of the pod opening has the two gold plated spring loaded contacts as well as two raised airflow inlets. They are raised to keep any condensation that might happen from getting in the airflow inlets. Mine is clearly marked as a sample inside where yours will not if you decide to order one.

LrwjIV4.jpg

As promised earlier, here is an explanation of the function of the indicator light on the Vinci SE. The battery level is indicated by a green light until the better level goes below 30% then the battery indicator turns red when a puff is taken. When charging the battery, the light will flash until it is fully charged and then the light will be solid green. The other status indicators provided by the Gene chipset are as follows.

• Pod detected = light flashes once
    • Pod not detected when a puff is taken = light flashes twice in red
    • Low power = light flashes 10 times in red
    • Over time vaping = light flashes 8 times in red
    • Short circuit = light is on in red for 2 seconds
    • Over heat protection = light is on in red for 5 seconds
    LnN3Y3R.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall I have enjoyed testing the Voopoo Vinci SE. The lightweight yet durable aluminum body gives the feeling of a quality device and with the gradient fade color and the geometric design on one side also make it visually appealing as well. The airflow is not adjustable and delivers a fairly loose MTL but can be tightened by covering one of the holes on the side. One really nice thing about the new Series 2 pods is that they are also compatible with the Vinci Pod, Vinci Q, Vinci Royal Edition, and the Drag Nano 2.

The 900mah battery seemed to last a very good amount of time. I was able to fill the pod a total of three times before I felt like there was a deterioration in the output after the indicator light had been red(less than 30%) for some time. I decided to connect my Klein USB meter to check the charging rate of the SE to see how close it was to the rated 1A charging rate. I tried it two different times and the meter never showed more than .69A charging despite using a 65 watt charging adapter and included cord. This might be splitting hairs. Perhaps the given charging rate is a maximum. As low as the battery was I would have thought that it would have pulled the maximum load. I know for sure that there was plenty of power available with a 65 watt charger.

qjTmuej.jpg

8itdz1N.jpg

So here we are at the end again. Would I recommend the Voopoo Vinci SE for you? If you’re looking for a really small pod device for out and about or if you’re looking for something to help a smoker quit the cigarettes then yes I would. I do wish that it included two pods but for what it is, the SE is a very well built and good functioning device that is simple enough that just about anyone is capable of using it. I’d like to thank Nical and Voopoo for sending the Voopoo Vinci SE Pod kit for this review. Below is a link to the website so you can get a good look at the SE or one of the many other fantastic devices from Voopoo.

VINCI POD SE-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life
    dhfsOyB.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Reactions: Frenkyou

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, I have a brother and his wife considering trying vaping. They told me they spend $600 a month on cigarettes. They tried before with the Nords but failed, I think the cost of smoking is getting to them. If they try again, I'll keep this one in mind, along with the Voopoo E60.
    I can definitely understand that. My wife still smokes despite my tries to get her to vape. I think she may be hitting her breaking point with smoking finally. It is expensive. With just her smoking we are spending around $200 a month. If you decide to get this pod for them then I would order some extra pods with it since it only comes with one.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I can definitely understand that. My wife still smokes despite my tries to get her to vape. I think she may be hitting her breaking point with smoking finally. It is expensive. With just her smoking we are spending around $200 a month. If you decide to get this pod for them then I would order some extra pods with it since it only comes with one.
    Will do, thanks

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    how come you haven't found a "key" to her smoking problem in so many years Mr. hittman? :unsure:
    I wish I knew. I have more hardware than a vape shop in my basement. She's just never really been open to making a switch. I was thinking about it last night and set up a pod with some mix mint and am going to see if I can get her to try that. She has been supportive of me switching but just hasn't made the effort herself.

Reactions: dreamvaper

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    maybe something else was needed in that specific case? :nun: View attachment 981498
    anyways, good luck, I know it's sometimes very hard to convince ppl to quit/switch and for some of them it's sometimes even too late :unsure:
    I know my trigger many years ago was that my cigarettes got more expensive than I was comfortable with and I switched to a cheaper brand. In a matter of a month or so I had gone up from a pack a day to a pack and a half. I could feel it in my breathing and knew I had to make a change. I know I had to mentally be ready to make a change and had no interest in quitting before that. I still have hope that she might make the switch some day and I have stocked up on nic in my freezer just in case. I haven't given up on her but also don't think that constantly nagging her about it will help either. She has to be ready to make a change. She could have any device I have or I would order anything she wanted if she would make a go of it. I'm going to try giving her another pod tonight and see how that goes over.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Money is not the best reason imho, you can always work few h more to earn some more $ and buy few packs. Health is limited though even when you have lots of money. :nun:
    My dad died at 61 because of the heart and lung problems "thanks" to his 30+ years of heavy smoking. Unfortunatelly it was too late for him to switch, although I tried my best.
    My mom did switch and quit afterwards but she also had almost 30 years of heavy smoking experience and now she suffers from COPD which is decreasing the life quality badly.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Money is not the best reason imho, you can always work few h more to earn some more $ and buy few packs. Health is limited though even when you have lots of money. :nun:
    My dad died at 61 because of the heart and lung problems "thanks" to his 30+ years of heavy smoking. Unfortunatelly it was too late for him to switch, although I tried my best.
    My mom did switch and quit afterwards but she also had almost 30 years of heavy smoking experience and now she suffers from COPD which is decreasing the life quality badly.
    Both of my parents died from COPD related illness. When I got up to the 1.5 packs a day and was feeling it then I knew I had to make a change or I'd end up like them. Both of them probably smoked for 40-50 years. Like I said, I won't give up on her but she has to be ready to do something different. Even if she dual used at the beginning then it would be better. My brother in law asked if I could set him up with an ecig to try a couple months ago and he is doing pretty good with it. I gave him a pod to start with then gave him a px80 kit and a couple boxes of coils. I am hoping that him making the switch might trigger my wife to try. I can hope right?

• Agree
    Reactions: dennism
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread