vootoo note

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
How about when one intentionally hits the X on the hot pink note about voopoo, that it doesn't show up again every time one visits the forum?
Just log in this morn. a few minuets ago and shazam, your wish was granted. Thanks so much for posting the suggestion, it worked.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just log in this morn. a few minuets ago and shazam, your wish was granted. Thanks so much for posting the suggestion, it worked.

Not working that way. If you keep the forum open all day, then yeah. But if you close out, when you come back on, it's there again. ....unlike other notices I might note.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Now another one! Incredible. The actual contests threads are at the top of every forum, so why the non-disappearing note??? Overkill and distracting.

You get rid of them but like that crazy ex-girlfriend they keep coming back, over and over.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
If you are clearing cookies upon logging out of the forum, the software is going to think you haven't seen it yet.

^ this.
Some of you may have your computer set to clear cookies when you log out.
Your computer thinks you haven't seen it yet.

Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I have not had an issue with closing out notices on the forum before this and have not changed any cookie setting (cookies are not deleted). The other notice (top of page) has gone away after several times closing it but the "hot pink VooPoo notice continues to appear every time I enter the forum.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have not had an issue with closing out notices on the forum before this and have not changed any cookie setting (cookies are not deleted). The other notice (top of page) has gone away after several times closing it but the "hot pink VooPoo notice continues to appear every time I enter the forum.

Same here in all cases. If someone isn't getting the pink note after closing out and going to the forum again, I'd like to know who that is - perhaps he/she can help.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
well...I don't know how to help...but I just logged out and logged back in and I don't have either notice.
Honestly, I don't remember if I have this laptop set to clear cookies when I log out or not.
I'll leave a note for the Tech Guy to take a look tho :)

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
well...I don't know how to help...but I just logged out and logged back in and I don't have either notice.
Honestly, I don't remember if I have this laptop set to clear cookies when I log out or not.
I'll leave a note for the Tech Guy to take a look tho :)

Thanks for any help, don't even have to log out just close the forum and when you open it again (login info set to remember) the VooPoo notice is there again.

• Agree
Reactions: Kent C

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The original notice for the giveaway on the top of the page finally decided to go away after several clickings of the X. This morning I have been greeted with a floating red banner at the bottom of the page and so far have not figured out how to get rid of it :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread