Vortex Mini Dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got my Vortex today, FRACKING BRILLIANT, filled three of them, all vape perfectly, but one leaked, quickly (5 minutes from full to a puddle of juice on my desk). So, took it apart, and had an idea...

vortexDripper-1.jpg
vortexDripper-2.jpg

vortexDripper-3.jpg
vortexDripper-4.jpg

(on a customized V4L kr808D-1 auto shortie)

works like a charm

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
same as a 510 2 or 3 good size drops, the excess collects around the 'crown' & gets sucked up by the wick. If the wick was just a tiny bit longer it would be better, but that would defeat it's original function.

I wouldn't do this with a 'good' vortex, but this was a hard core leaker.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hate to hear you had a leak but a very nice share with all of us. We have another user that loves to modify one like that to use it on her Reo mod. She says it has a very clean flavorful vape. Nice photos!

(I would suppose almost the same effect as debridging an atty)
Got my Vortex today, FRACKING BRILLIANT, filled three of them, all vape perfectly, but one leaked, quickly (5 minutes from full to a puddle of juice on my desk). So, took it apart, and had an idea...

vortexDripper-1.jpg
vortexDripper-2.jpg

vortexDripper-3.jpg
vortexDripper-4.jpg

(on a customized V4L kr808D-1 auto shortie)

works like a charm

PattyR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Sunshine State, USA
There are probably more elegant tools to use, cricket, but I just use a plain ol' hack saw. After I've sawed it to the length I want, I use a little fine grit sandpaper to smooth off any rough spots :)

Great idea & great pics too!

I have one that did the same thing...when I get brave I will have to try this :lol:

Prob. a silly question but what tool is best for cutting these tubes?

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
that sounds like a good way to do it. I usually just cut stuff with my dremmel then use that trick of putting it in the drill to spin it. it gives me nice clean edges and I can bevel them just a little bit. I also round the edge on my drip tips - it makes them way easier to use with clearos and such where they fit real tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread