The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vortex Mini Dripper

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by eikon, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eikon

eikon slave to the comma Verified Member ECF Veteran

Got my Vortex today, FRACKING BRILLIANT, filled three of them, all vape perfectly, but one leaked, quickly (5 minutes from full to a puddle of juice on my desk). So, took it apart, and had an idea...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(on a customized V4L kr808D-1 auto shortie)

works like a charm

2. vi3tl2ice

vi3tl2ice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Milpitas, CA
    how many drops does it hold until you need to re-drip?

3. eikon

same as a 510 2 or 3 good size drops, the excess collects around the 'crown' & gets sucked up by the wick. If the wick was just a tiny bit longer it would be better, but that would defeat it's original function.

I wouldn't do this with a 'good' vortex, but this was a hard core leaker.

4. dannoman

dannoman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    Hate to hear you had a leak but a very nice share with all of us. We have another user that loves to modify one like that to use it on her Reo mod. She says it has a very clean flavorful vape. Nice photos!

(I would suppose almost the same effect as debridging an atty)

5. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I believe I will give this a try. Would be a great way to test new flavors and I have 40 that I just got in. Off to the shop. Thank you for showing this.

6. cricket1176

cricket1176 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Dallas, GA
    Great idea & great pics too!

I have one that did the same thing...when I get brave I will have to try this :lol:

Prob. a silly question but what tool is best for cutting these tubes?

7. PattyR

PattyR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2009
    Sunshine State, USA
    There are probably more elegant tools to use, cricket, but I just use a plain ol' hack saw. After I've sawed it to the length I want, I use a little fine grit sandpaper to smooth off any rough spots :)

8. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

I would just be a bit careful with dripping into the V4L Auto Batt, aren't these Batts unsealed and don't they get ruined when liquid goes inside the hole in the end of the threaded end ?

9. eikon

makeshift lathe... i put the vortex into a cordless drill (battery end first) to the length i wanted it, then held an xacto knife against the chuck and turned it...

10. harmonic

harmonic Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Desoto, Mo
    that sounds like a good way to do it. I usually just cut stuff with my dremmel then use that trick of putting it in the drill to spin it. it gives me nice clean edges and I can bevel them just a little bit. I also round the edge on my drip tips - it makes them way easier to use with clearos and such where they fit real tight.

11. slappy

slappy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2010
    Chicago
    Fabulous!! Low profile atty. One thing I never understood was why do attys have to be so long? This will the destiny of my next leaking vortex...

Have you tried putting the filter ring back in...? wonder if it would hold more.

12. udlike2no2

udlike2no2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    South NJ
    I think the V4L 808's are sealed, if this is not correct can some one verify this.

13. daisyd

daisyd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Az
    This IS fracking brilliant! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.