Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Patty, I still haven't tried a Vortex on my Reos but I agree, they do take well to being reused. I think mine are better now they've been pulled apart, cleaned and dry burned a few times. We must be pulling them apart differently - I pull out the center post piece and soak it and the rest of Vortex in a hot water & alcohol bath. That's more to neutralize flavors than anything else. I dry burn the atty of each until it glows red and then put the post back in. It reads like you take the atty all the way out of the tube - am I right?

PattyR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Sunshine State, USA
Hi, Sewknitty :) Before using the Vortex on my REO, I remove the center post piece and the little sheet of filter paper (or whatever it's called). Then I put only the outer tube back on the atty, put the modded Vortex on my REO, and vape. When I clean the modded Vortex carto, I remove the plastic outer tube from the atty and rinse both the tube and the atty in hot water. After they've dried for a little while, I do a series of short dry burns on the atty until the coil glows red and then I put the outer tube back on and go right back to vaping.

Does that help?

Patty, I still haven't tried a Vortex on my Reos but I agree, they do take well to being reused. I think mine are better now they've been pulled apart, cleaned and dry burned a few times. We must be pulling them apart differently - I pull out the center post piece and soak it and the rest of Vortex in a hot water & alcohol bath. That's more to neutralize flavors than anything else. I dry burn the atty of each until it glows red and then put the post back in. It reads like you take the atty all the way out of the tube - am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread