VTC-5's are available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Meh. I've seen juice manufactures get busted flat out red handed selling juice they replied to folks' inquires about specific chemicals and denying it.

VTC5's are gone if you ask me personally. Without proper testing these thing can only be some really old stock they got who knows how, or most likely 100% fake that they aren't even aware of.

I don't get the fascination with VTC5's considering they aren't true 30Amp batteries like everyone thinks..

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
illum supply sold fakes unkowingly to customers of vtc5s before. I would be cautious at this point purchasing any since the Sony statement release.
Could you post a link to that please? I have bought VTC4's from there. I also bought some Samsung there too. They were very good, but I need to know if they got fakes accidentally.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Reactions: kkay59

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wraith, thank you. This happened before I started buying from Illumn. They sound like a top notch dealer, and handled the matter the way a reputable dealer should. I wish they would sell the AW 18650 as well. I have had a very good experience with Illumn so far. I appreciate those links. I knew there were plenty of counterfeiters on the Sony VTC5. I wonder why Sony quit making them. They are obviously in high demand. I don't sub ohm, at least not at this point. I tried it once but didn't care for it. I like the Sony VTC4 for my mech mods, the Samsung 25R for most things, and the AW 18650 for the Reo/Woodvil. I don't have an interest in any other kind of battery besides those, at this point.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Right on the listing Illumn states the authenticity of these batteries were verified through testing. Since they were burnt with fakes once I would think they would be extremely careful before offering these batteries for sale. They are one of the most trusted battery vendors and not just by the vaping industry.

And as far as battery age this type of battery properly stored can be good for 10 years. I personally would have no hesitation buying these batteries. For anyone that wants Authentic VCT5s, this may be one f the last chances to get them.
JMHO

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
The main reason is in testing nothing had outperformed the VCT5s.
Testing has only been done vs older batteries and it barely edged out the Samsung 25r. I'd like to see tests vs the new LG's or even the new Samsung 30Q's.
samsung-inr-25r-vs-sony-vtc5-.2-ohm-10-sec-20-secrs.jpg

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

TKS

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Testing has only been done vs older batteries and it barely edged out the Samsung 25r. I'd like to see tests vs the new LG's or even the new Samsung 30Q's.
    samsung-inr-25r-vs-sony-vtc5-.2-ohm-10-sec-20-secrs.jpg

The HD2's from LG beat the VTC in amp discharge and the HB6's as well beat them both with a finally true 30A continuous discharge from a battery. The HD2 at a close second with 25A @ 2000 mAH, and the HB6 1500 mAH.

People are getting scammed by some of these manufacturers like Efest advertising bs like 2100 mAh @ 38A and 2500 mAH @ 35A. 100% lie.

The Samsung 30Q I have no idea about though. Aside from being a high capacity battery rated for 15 continuous, I see nothing too special here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread