vtc5 vs. ncr18650pf - which one and WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinsen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2014
steel city, australia
hey guys.

using my first nemmy with some VTC3s and while they seem excellent, i feel like i'd like an upgrade and higher mAh.

which would you choose out of the sony VTC5 and panny 18650PF - and why?

the vtc5s are about $7 more at fasttech - what makes them so much more expensive when (i think) they are both hybrid and the pannys have 300 more mAh?

thanks!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Definitely the Sony's. However, FastTech is known for selling clones and their Sony's may be clones.

I've never read anything that suggests to me that FT may be selling clone or counterfeit batteries. It's been a while since I bought a couple of VTC3's from them. If you have any data that supports they sell clone batteries, I would be very interested in seeing it :thumb:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Sonys are a better choice not only for mech mods. The Panasonics have a higher mAh rating, but the Sony VTC5 has more energy in the useful voltage regions and should therefore last longer. The LG he2/purple Efest 2500 mAh are even slightly better than the Sonys in this regard, but they have a lower max amp rating (20a should be more than enough for most applications though).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I've never read anything that suggests to me that FT may be selling clone or counterfeit batteries. It's been a while since I bought a couple of VTC3's from them. If you have any data that supports they sell clone batteries, I would be very interested in seeing it :thumb:

I don't have any specific information on FastTech batteries. I've just read many posts about batteries and the need to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable vendor. I have not purchased from FastTech, have not looked at any of their batteries and have not read any of their discussions on batteries. I just wanted to make sure the original poster did his/her own research before purchasing batteries.

Sorry if this caused any confusion. And thanks for the information. I may look at FastTech in the future when I need batteries.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't have any specific information on FastTech batteries. I've just read many posts about batteries and the need to make sure you are purchasing from a reputable vendor. I have not purchased from FastTech, have not looked at any of their batteries and have not read any of their discussions on batteries. I just wanted to make sure the original poster did his/her own research before purchasing batteries.

Sorry if this caused any confusion. And thanks for the information. I may look at FastTech in the future when I need batteries.

Thanks for that Susan. I bought from FT about a year ago and the info I had on them at the time was that if they said their item was name brand it was. It worked out well for my two VTC3's. You're absolutely right about buying batteries from known good suppliers. That's the only way to go :)

I've since also bought Sony's from Illumination Supply and AW's from a Canadian vendor, JR Custom Turnings. AFAIK both of these and FT are good, trusted suppliers. You just have to be careful with FT as if they don't specify the brand you can't be sure of what you'll get.

Dumas Mesuri

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Highlandville, MO, USA
Batteries and magnets from fasttech take forever to ship. Mine took 8 weeks. 10 days of it was after they hit the USA. When they finally arrived it was obvious that customs at every stop along the way had their way with them. After some pains with ft returns I just wrote it off as lesson learned and recycled my new recessed top batteries. One looked like someone tried to pry the flat top off before smashing it down inside the battery. Guessing it's just my luck as these things always seem to happen to me. Nothing against fasttech...I just won't be buying anymore batteries from them.

yinsen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2014
steel city, australia
thanks guys! I'm not into subohming but I like to have fantastic quality gear just in case, so I'll grab the Sony's.

also FYI, fasttech clones say "style" and authentics say "authentic", and for all their flaws in regards to shipping etc they are extremely studious about this titling. I'm reasonably sure they don't sell any fake batteries, maybe a few OEM but they will be titled as such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread