VUSE - WARNING !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Howell

Jan 25, 2016
I am starting this thread to warn VUSE users of their product and my experiences.

I have been using VUSE as an alternate vaping method for almost a year. Mainly because I travel a lot and don't want to carry around my cloud machine.

I recently in December 2015 purchased the VUSE Connect Bluetooth device. I use this with an APP on my phone and I can see the Battery Level and Puff Count. I noticed something that will probably cause you to lose your temper so brace yourselves.

In December I was getting 185 puffs from a new cartridge. Over the last few weeks that number is going down!!! After noticing this I got a new pack today and made a video of opening the refills inserting the cartridge and taking the first puff. Guess what, after fist puff activating the new refill cartridge, 169 puffs!!! I had one a few days ago that was 165 puffs after installing a new cartridge. Oh and today the price of the refills go up from 5.99 to 6.99.
DEFECTS DEFECTS and wait .. MORE DEFECTS!!!! The cartridges are crap! 1 in 5 are duds and you can only call VUSE and get a replacement coupon mailed to you conveniently in 6 weeks! Been waiting over 6 weeks no coupons yet. I will post the videos of the puff counters soon as replies to this post. I am going to make a video of a few different VUSE cartridges over time to show the variance in puff counters. Seems like shady practice to me !! How bout you?

If anyone else has noticed this please step up

Thanks!

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Sure it seems shady, but that also shouldn't surprise you one bit. VUSE is made by R.J. Reynolds; what exactly do you expect?

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's amazing you get any satisfaction at all from a VUSE if anything else you own can be considered a "cloud machine." I am frankly flabbergasted that those cartridges ever lasted 189 puffs, and almost equally surprised they will still last for more than 150.

There are plenty of other compact, portable, refillable, affordable, inconspicuous devices that are of comparable or better price to a VUSE and not backed by Big Tobacco. Even if you are someone who absolutely NEEDS a cig-a-like, there are still more palatable options floating around.

That Big Tobacco did something unscrupulous should surprise no one, ever.

William Howell

Jan 25, 2016
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's amazing you get any satisfaction at all from a VUSE if anything else you own can be considered a "cloud machine."

I was amazed too actually. Not offended. It has potential to be a good mainstream product. My intentions are to inform other people that use VUSE of the info I've collected messing around with it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Nothing here surprises me. In a way we 'do it to ourselves' believing that anything coming from these brands would ever be anything different than lies, false claims, fake nicotine yields, extortionate prices, dud refills and .. well the list is endless.

Some people see this in $10 or $50. It took me $800. The world will never 'get it', sadly.
Real (refillable, non-tobacco co.) vaping is on the cusp of failure. These companies just waltz in and carry on selling trash to the unwary.

@William Howell - I have been spending hours, days, years of my life trying to beat these brands and their products. It is not working.

Put it behind you. I wish you luck. :)

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Nothing here surprises me. In a way we 'do it to ourselves' believing that anything coming from these brands would ever be anything different than lies, false claims, fake nicotine yields, extortionate prices, dud refills and .. well the list is endless.

If I added up ALL the non-BT vape stuff I"ve bought over the years, and how much of it from PRC didn't work, was junk, crap, and I had to throw out.......not to mention how some items weren't made of the things they said they were. :lol:

Sorry, but BT produced stuff doesn't have the corner on junk.

I just hope it all continues to be available, you admitted to using Vuse for a year, so obviously, it helped keep you off cigs huh? To me, that is the point, has always been the point.

William Howell

Jan 25, 2016
Don't take this the wrong way but...

All the Big Tobacco stuff you're telling me is common information. No I am not suprised or shocked. Most of these replies are useless to the purpose of why I posted to begin with. This was for people that use VUSE to know what they are getting. I wanted to help people but unfortunately now I have been schooled in why "I shouldnt be suprised". :offtopic:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
If you want to keep giving your money away to BT be my guest. I was just trying to enlighten you on similar alternatives.

I've tried a Vuse quite honestly there is nothing special about it. A simple Chinese ego would in my opinion give a superior vape. But it's your money, puff away whatever keeps you off cigs even if it comes from the same company that got you hooked in the first place.

Vape on!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
VUSE...RJR...FDA deeming regs fit their shoddy product to a t.

My, my... the world moves in mysterious ways, such coincidences....

But I guess a leopard can't change its spots. Selling garbage. Moving into the e-cig business and missing out on a huge opportunity ( like making a real decent e-cig at a reasonable price - which should be easy, considering the money they could invest into R & D ). Instead lapsing into the old pattern. Selling garbage again...

Talking about tampering and adulterating:

How come BT doesn't have to to have child-resistant packaging for their product ?
Considering the toxicity levels of the contents surely their packages ought to have all sorts of hazard labels on them...

Besides, are puff counters any reliable ?
3 seconds or 6 seconds ... how exactly do they define puffs ?
Having to wait for 'coupon' - let alone a replacement - sorry.
Gave these prefilled cigalikes a wide berth before, now one more good reason to give them an even wider birth for now and ever :)

William Howell

Jan 25, 2016
I have used many Joytech products in the past. Many vape stores do not carry all of the same products. To find Cartomizers or Atomizers and at your ohm preference was sometimes difficult. If you get used to a certain flavor, especially a house blend, even the flavors were sometimes difficult to find. Most tank systems I have seen or used leak, spill, or flood at some point and that's why I don't like most of those type mods for travel.

Thanks for all the input everyone! :thumb:

Reactions: Racehorse

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I have used many Joytech products in the past. Many vape stores do not carry all of the same products. To find Cartomizers or Atomizers and at your ohm preference was sometimes difficult. If you get used to a certain flavor, especially a house blend, even the flavors were sometimes difficult to find. Most tank systems I have seen or used leak, spill, or flood at some point and that's why I don't like most of those type mods for travel.

Thanks for all the input everyone! :thumb:
I'm sure there are some VUSE users out there who will find your information helpful, thanks for sharing it.

This is just a thought but it sounds like they're running into some of the issues that caused most of the rest of the vaping world to move away from cartridges/cartomizers years ago, inconsistency in products and probably some deterioration from sitting on store shelves for extended periods of time.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's easy to see why big tobacco wants to recapture the market they lost to ecigs. It's sad that they have government's attention in the form of the tax revenue they contribute to government. Given just those two reasons, it's obvious that the fight will continue. BT is able to test and prove what they sell in terms of reduced risk compared to smoking cigarettes.

The average ecig mom and pop store doesn't have the means to prove product safety. Chinese manufacturers are selling products world wide. You'd think that they would have the medical testing reporting system to offer any government that requests that sort of information in defense of the retailers who need backing.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
If I added up ALL the non-BT vape stuff I"ve bought over the years, and how much of it from PRC didn't work, was junk, crap, and I had to throw out.......not to mention how some items weren't made of the things they said they were. :lol:

Sorry, but BT produced stuff doesn't have the corner on junk.

I just hope it all continues to be available, you admitted to using Vuse for a year, so obviously, it helped keep you off cigs huh? To me, that is the point, has always been the point.
I'll give R.J. Reynolds credit for something. It was the Vuse that got me off cigarettes and into vaping. I haven't had a cigarette since the first puff on a Vuse. I used them for a couple or three weeks exclusively then right on to something a little better. Had it not been for the mainstream availability of Vuse, I wouldn't have had one sitting on my counter unopened the night I ran out of analogs. Popped open that package to save a late night trip to the store and my eyes were opened. They worked and led me to research vaping and all that is available. The rest is history... 8 months worth. Thank you RJ. Reynolds!!

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
Caddo Mills, TX
Sorry if this is a bit of a thread necro. Those issues are what made me give up my Vuse setup. Carts that used to last most the day got down to as low as 2-3 hours and I wasn't using them that heavily. Something that I figured would save me some money and keep me away from cigarettes started controlling more and more of my money and taking up more headspace. So, I ditched them. A slight shame because I did like their chai flavored carts quite a bit, but I'll find something similar, I'm sure. Thanks for the confirmation here.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I tried one of those ciga-like things about 4 years ago and gave myself nicotine poisoning. I kept sucking on it because I could not taste anything a little over a year ago I discovered ego- gs h2 combo's and that got me off tobacco.I think tobacco companies sell those things to convince us that e-cigs don't work and to keep us smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread