• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VVProV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I'm thinking about getting a VVProV from notcigs.com Do any of you have this by chance? If so, I'd really like to hear your opinion of it. I'd like to get the whole story...ie...How long you've had it. How it works for you. What atomizers are you using on it. Are you using the drip tip adapter. What drip tips and drip shields fit on your atomizers. How long your atomizers last. Where you got them. etc etc etc...IF I get this, it will be another step for me. It will be my first 'box' mod (I NEVER thought I'd get a box mod) and foray into dripping. I've been a carto person from the get go...so I'm a babe when it comes to this type of device....so please be gentle with me:blush:, and give it to me straight and in somewhat layman's terminology!:blink: Thanks!

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've got the second release, which is just after the spring issue was corrected, so that puts me in the first couple dozen that were shipped.

With infrequent use it has been repaired once when the circuit board fried and when that was fixed the atty connector would not make proper contact with any atty I had sitting around, but would work fine with a sealed 510-510 connector. (You WILL NEED a 510-510 SEALED connector for it anyway, so that is not a big deal.)

To get it to work without spilling juice all over yourself and the unit, you need a sealed shorty connector, a drip shield, and the drip tip adapter. There is no cup around the atty connector so anything that may come out the bottom of an atomizer goes down the sides of the VVproV. Since the air channels are also low, the drip shield is also very helpful for the same issue. I got my drip shield and sealed connector from Empire Mods because I liked the way their shields looked.

The whistle tip with the hose going into it that comes with the unit is pretty much useless unless you are a fan of juice in the mouth, then it is a great thing.

So far the best atty I have found for the thing is the HH.357. An I06 with Wharf Rat's sleeve also works pretty well. A sealed connector and a drip shield are required no matter what in blazes you use, I don't care if it is a sealed bottom ceramic AVA, because absentmindedly hitting the feed button when you meant to hit the fire button happens to me with amazing frequency. (If you don't want to relearn a new vaping style then the I06 and Wharf Rat's sleeve is probably the easiest route.) I tried the version of the HH that A.G. gave me at the meetup on the south side, but I either can't get it to break-in, or it just cannot give me the flavor of an actual HH.

Also, get your own #5 Torx driver because it will ship without the batteries in it and a set of crappy Torx drivers that are more likely to strip heads than to actually work the screws.

I only use it in my car when I have a drive that does not allow me to drip on my ProVari. If you see me with it, then something is wrong with my ProVari battery charge. It works, but I wouldn't rave about build quality nor the amount of extras needed just to keep your hands juice free. (It does have some neat design features and fits the hand better than one would expect. The press-to-drip is a nice feature and works fairly well, but I tend to hit it too frequently as the button size difference is not great enough that my fingertips can tell them apart.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread