The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The VVProV Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Buzz Mods' started by 5cardstud, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I know this question is almost three weeks old, but it's worth answering for anyone who might have the same question.

The AW IMR 14500s are not the best choice for this PV. First, the buck circuit notcigs uses never requires more than 2 amps from the batteries (the regulator makes up the other amp or so to the max of a little over 3 amps by design), so high drain batteries are not of any performance benefit. Next, IMRs have a lower mah rating than their li-on cousins, so vape time between charge cycles is reduced.

As to "can they be used?" - Yes, with one caveat. The springs in the VVPV have a wide last loop - the last circle in the spring coils is somewhat large. The nipple on the AW IMR slips inside that last circle and will not make proper contact. The springs are soft enough that that last loop can be made smaller with a needle nosed plier or similar tool. I modified mine to accept some AW Li-On 14500s and it isn't difficult.

2. Foggy

Foggy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

How am I supposed to get the top cover off when two of the screws are under the 510 connector?

[​IMG]

3. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I'm not sure taking the top cover off is a good idea... but if you have some reason to do it, then you have to loosen the screw inside the 510 connector so that the connector can move.

4. Foggy

Foggy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It won't fire. Red light is on, batteries fully charged. Nothing when I press the button. Acts like a short. Thumbwheel was acting strange before it stopped, like it wouldn't turn properly. If there's a wire loose or I can have a part sent to me rather than return the unit I'd prefer that.

I've removed the screw inside the 510. How do I move the connector? I didn't want to force anything.

5. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Small nail or similar in the hole on the side of the connector, rotate the connector counter clockwise like removing a normal bolt.

Set the power switch to off and/or pop out the batteries, so you don't accidentally short something inside.

Stop by the main notcigs forum, under ecf suppliers. More people post there, including Buzzkill and Bovinia. There are both tech support and vvpv threads there.

6. ILoveAngryB1rds

ILoveAngryB1rds New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
    I just ordered mine w/ a HH 357 atomizer and Empire Mod drip shield. Stoked!!!!!

7. markfm

Supporting member
    That sounds like an excellent combination :) The only addition would be a sealed adapter if you don't have one already.

8. kempo63

kempo63 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2011
    Stockton, CA
    Man,the VVpV and an HH.357 were made for each other! It's an awesome vape, for sure. Gratz on the VVpV!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

9. ILoveAngryB1rds

Jul 6, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
    Thank you for the heads up! Yep ordered an adapter and extra bottle

10. ILoveAngryB1rds

Jul 6, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
    Just got mine in today, I love it!!! Very glad my friend recommended it/let me try it out.

vvprov1.jpg

11. kempo63

kempo63 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2011
    Stockton, CA
    Sweet, are the top and bottom caps brass?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

12. markfm

Supporting member
    Mwa -
    New vvpv have the ground screw all the way to the left, cutout noticeably extended lower near the feed tube. Nice :)

13. ILoveAngryB1rds

Jul 6, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks, yep

14. ILoveAngryB1rds

Jul 6, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.