VVPV atty screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I have 2 VVPVs and I can't get any attys to work them. I remember some had problems with the round head Phillips screw and they had to change it to flat head slotted screw but has anyone had problems with the flat head screw? Mine have the flat head screw and that's about the only thing I can figure could be the problem. Everything else is working fine.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Cartos work okay, just not atties?

Atties test okay on other devices?

Turn the voltage down (green marking, not red, on the wheel), just in case you are trying to run LR atties at higher voltage (regulator self protection on high draw).

When you put an atty on, does the light stay red when you press the button (probably short circuit, if cartos work okay), or does the blue come on, but no heating/vapor (open circuit, no contact on the center post)? If red stays on, try loosening the atty slightly while pressing the fire button, see if it starts to fire. If cartos work, and you get the blue with atty but no firing, perhaps missing a spacer washer under the top screw?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Sounds highly unusual that both wouldn't fire an atty... which leads me to wonder if the atty is at fault...
1. blue light means power to the atty... one time I was using an atty and it acted like it was dead; nothing; first try, but there was not enough juice in it.
2. no blue light could mean the atty in question center cylinder is pushed in too much... not making good contact.

Have you tried with attys that work on other pv's?

Try posting this in the large VVPV thread... there's some more VVPV fans/experts there too

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Sounds highly unusual that both wouldn't fire an atty... which leads me to wonder if the atty is at fault...
1. blue light means power to the atty... one time I was using an atty and it acted like it was dead; nothing; first try, but there was not enough juice in it.
2. no blue light could mean the atty in question center cylinder is pushed in too much... not making good contact.

Have you tried with attys that work on other pv's?

Try posting this in the large VVPV thread... there's some more VVPV fans/experts there too

It's not the attys because they work fine my Buzz. I have about 30 attys that I tried. At the moment I don't have any cartos. I never did like taste vapping from polyester. I drip on attys the time.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
It's not the attys because they work fine my Buzz. I have about 30 attys that I tried. At the moment I don't have any cartos. I never did like taste vapping from polyester. I drip on attys the time.

not sure but a flat screw may be too low not getting contact.... Bovinia can set you up for RMA though.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hyper, like Uke said, it's possible that your screw needs an extra spacer or o-ring under it. Alternatively you can try prying the connector pin of one of your attys out and see if it connects. (pic below of me prying a pin on the bottom of a carto, same applies for an atty)

Do you have a meter to test if it's getting current to the top cap? If so, please check it.

cartopin.jpg

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Hyper, like Uke said, it's possible that your screw needs an extra spacer or o-ring under it. Alternatively you can try prying the connector pin of one of your attys out and see if it connects. (pic below of me prying a pin on the bottom of a carto, same applies for an atty)

Do you have a meter to test if it's getting current to the top cap? If so, please check it.

cartopin.jpg

I checked them with a meter and no current is going to the top cap.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hyper, have either of your VVPVs worked previously? Or were they both this way since day 1 of your receiving them? Did you use a hand held meter with probes or a screw on meter? If you used a screw on meter it's possible that it didn't make contact with the center screw to show a reading if your center screw sitting too low is the problem.

Please forgive the million questions, we want to try to help you get them fixed without you having to send them in.
Did you try reseating the batteries?
Does it work as a passthru when connected to the charger?
Did you try prying the pin on one of your attys up to see if it makes contact when screw it on to the VVPV?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Hyper, have either of your VVPVs worked previously? Or were they both this way since day 1 of your receiving them? Did you use a hand held meter with probes or a screw on meter? If you used a screw on meter it's possible that it didn't make contact with the center screw to show a reading if your center screw sitting too low is the problem.

Please forgive the million questions, we want to try to help you get them fixed without you having to send them in.
Did you try reseating the batteries?
Does it work as a passthru when connected to the charger?
Did you try prying the pin on one of your attys up to see if it makes contact when screw it on to the VVPV?

They didn't work from day I got them.
I use a meter with probes.
Yes, I tried using them as a passthru.
Tried different batteries too.
I've tried everything I can think of and I there's nothing left that I didn't try. I think it's time to send them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread