VX3-X6 with Protank II Vaping/Flavor problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been vaping for a little over 3 weeks now, and decided to step up my game from an ego style gen two battery on a Kangertech Protank Mini to a VX3-X6 mod with a Protank II. The flavor I got on my ego/protank mini is perfect on a 1.8 ohm coil. No problems at all with flavor/vapor produced.

On my VX3-X6 mod with Protank II, I have tried a 1.8 ohm coil at 3.6w and 3.8w, and a 2.5 coil at 3.6w, 3.8w, and 4.2w and can never achieve a good flavor/vapor combo.

If I run the 1.8 ohm coil at the lower settings, I get an "okay" flavor, but no vapor. On the 3.6w setting, I get "okay" flavor and "okay" vapor, but stil doesn't compare to my ego style battery with Protank Mini.

If I run the 2.5 ohm coil I get a "metallic" taste on the lowest setting with little to no vapor, an "okay" flavor with "okay" vapor on the 3.8w setting, and a burnt taste with a lot of vapor on the 4.2w setting.

What recommendations would you suggest for me to achieve the perfect combo of vapor and flavor with my setup?

All my juices are 50PG/50VG blends. Some are "house blends" from the local ecig shop (as that is all they carry), and two are from The Vapor Chef. I like a sweet but not overbearingly sweet taste to my vapor.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hi john. Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the issue your having is dry hits with the protank 2. Dry hits or poor wicking is common out of the box, its set up for thin pg. vg is thicker so you need less overwicking to stabilize the flow. Once you get it wicking well I don't think you'll have this problem. You want *just enough wick in the slots so that it doesn't flood. Remove the flavor wicks one or half at a time, each piece should be 1mm silica, I think they have like 6 total in the head. You'll probably want between 3 & 4 mm total depending of your juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread